The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Federer E/W.

Think I've mentioned this on here before but does anyone have trouble with Coral's website - sometimes when clicking on the odds it doesn't add it to your betslip for no apparent reason. :lol:

How was everyone's Ascot then?  I ended up £170 up and bet on almost every race.  Only small stakes and the odd £10 e/w/£20 bet when I fancied something.  I'm usually against having more than one selection per race.  But I think at the big meetings, it can be a shrewd move. 

Quite often you've got reasonable prices due to the size and or quality of the field.  I will often have 2 or 3 fancies per race and I really can't split them.  More and more this season I've been betting on the nose and on something e/w at a price in races.  As long as you don't bet silly, it can be a good tactic.  It's working for me so far anyway.

Hillstar, Estimate and Sole Power were my big winners.  Plus I somehow had Roca Tumu and Tarikhi e/w at 25s and 40s!  Only £2.50 e/w though sadly.

Federer E/W.

Think I've mentioned this on here before but does anyone have trouble with Coral's website - sometimes when clicking on the odds it doesn't add it to your betslip for no apparent reason. :lol:

Yeah I get that Neil, their whole site feels so cheap and shit too.

Portugal against South Korea cost me a few pennies last night. Really thought 11/10 was great value for Portugal. They beat Nigeria 3-2. South Korea beat Cuba 2-1. Nigeria then beat Cuba 3-0, the form was in the bag for a Portugal win! Nevermind, i'm thinking Turkey tonight to beat Columbia to cover my losses  :hmm:

Guest Spark

Portugal against South Korea cost me a few pennies last night. Really thought 11/10 was great value for Portugal. They beat Nigeria 3-2. South Korea beat Cuba 2-1. Nigeria then beat Cuba 3-0, the form was in the bag for a Portugal win! Nevermind, i'm thinking Turkey tonight to beat Columbia to cover my losses  :hmm:

First rule of betting: Don't bet on Portugal.

:lol: This did actually cross my mind. Then i thought, hang on a minute, it's like playing footy with a massive cunt, then hearing news his younger brother is coming along the following week and already creating yourself an unfavourable impression of him, when really the younger brother could be a lovely lad and nothing like his cunt of a brother.

So i went off this theory and gave the Portugal youngsters a chance and they turned out to be cunts...just like the seniors.

Guest Spark

:lol: This did actually cross my mind. Then i thought, hang on a minute, it's like playing footy with a massive cunt, then hearing news his younger brother is coming along the following week and already creating yourself an unfavourable impression of him, when really the younger brother could be a lovely lad and nothing like his cunt of a brother.

So i went off this theory and gave the Portugal youngsters a chance and they turned out to be cunts...just like the seniors.

:lol: Nice analogy.

William Hill ‏@sharpeangle 17m

A William Hill punter from Germany staked 100,000 euros on Federer at 1/100 to beat Stakhovsky today.

David?

So they'd have got 101,000 back, is that right?  What an absolute muppet.