Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

It's for like 14 games. So much shit being talked about over this, like. He chose to go home, whether you would do the same is up to you, but this whole 'picking Pardew over Rafa's idea is just something people are making up to direct the blame where it doesn't belong.

As I’ve said before - he could buy his own helicopter, live in Birmingham and fly to Newcastle every day in less than an hour. He had no trouble living in London, Manchester, Bolton or Liverpool.

It’s a load of shit. As I posted on the previous page, it’s more likely that we were unwilling to pay his wages.

Yes, because buying a helicopter a flying from Newcastle, all for a 14 game spell would be the reasonable thing to do as opposed to just moving home. [emoji38]

Absolute crazy talk.

I’d happily buy a pet elephant and ride it to Newcastle if it meant I didn’t have to play for such a minging club like West Brom.

Commuting to Newcastle is ‘crazy talk’ but you ignore the fact he’s spent his entire career away from Birmingham but suddenly needs to spend 4 months there.

Must be a real tough life for young Daniel being seperated so far away from his family in a world where transport just doesn’t exist.

I’d happily buy a pet elephant and ride it to Newcastle if it meant I didn’t have to play for such a minging club like West Brom.

That's because you're a fan, not a footballer. They don't care at all about the same things we do which is why it's refreshing when they actually seem to.

ie: That's one of the main reasons we all have a boner over Rafa, because he seems to give a fuck about the same things we do.

That's because you're a fan, not a footballer. They don't care at all about the same things we do which is why it's refreshing when they actually seem to.

ie: That's one of the main reasons we all have a boner over Rafa, because he seems to give a fuck about the same things we do.

Replace Newcastle with any other half decent team and the point still stands like.

West Brom are just a total nothing club. At least we have reasonable support and a decent stadium.

Replace Newcastle with any other half decent team and the point still stands like.

West Brom are just a total nothing club. At least we have reasonable support and a decent stadium.

Again, you missed the point. Footballers literally could give a fuck about those things you just mentioned.

As long as their bank account stays fat and they stay employed in the top flight they're generally going to be just fine with wherever they play. There are very small margins of things beyond that actually mattering.

Again, you missed the point. Footballers literally could give a fuck about those things you just mentioned.

As long as their bank account stays fat and they stay employed in the top flight they're generally going to be just fine with wherever they play. There are very small margins of things beyond that actually mattering.

So he’s rather play under Pardew and not guarantee a starting spot as opposed to play under a world class manager with a guaranteed starting spot? See Townsend, Andros.

Obviously doesn’t fancy going to the World Cup then.

Granted some players think how you do, but there are a lot of footballing reasons for Sturridge to have joined us. Financially there are none as he would have been paid the same at either club as it’s a loan.

Guest firetotheworks

It's for like 14 games. So much shit being talked about over this, like. He chose to go home, whether you would do the same is up to you, but this whole 'picking Pardew over Rafa's idea is just something people are making up to direct the blame where it doesn't belong.

As I’ve said before - he could buy his own helicopter, live in Birmingham and fly to Newcastle every day in less than an hour. He had no trouble living in London, Manchester, Bolton or Liverpool.

It’s a load of shit. As I posted on the previous page, it’s more likely that we were unwilling to pay his wages.

Yes, because buying a helicopter a flying from Newcastle, all for a 14 game spell would be the reasonable thing to do as opposed to just moving home. [emoji38]

Absolute crazy talk.

Commuting to Newcastle is ‘crazy talk’ but you ignore the fact he’s spent his entire career away from Birmingham but suddenly needs to spend 4 months there.

Must be a real tough life for young Daniel being seperated so far away from his family in a world where transport just doesn’t exist.

He doesn't NEED to, he has that choice.

And I'm sorry to break it to you, but we're a minging club too.

I totally buy the family thing fwiw. Commuting to the edge of brum can be home every night, pain in the arse but he won't even need to move.

With us he'd be in a hotel at least half the time. If he's got kids that's the decision made.

Sorry, was that too reasonable?

I totally buy the family thing fwiw. Commuting to the edge of brum can be home every night, pain in the arse but he won't even need to move.

With us he'd be in a hotel at least half the time. If he's got kids that's the decision made.

Sorry, was that too reasonable?

But he could just buy a helicopter and take that home every night, dude.

I have the feeling most players would pick WBA over us right now, regardless of who our manager is.

Maybe so, but they'd be complete morons as well. All they'd have to do is look at Townsend to see how his form has gone after jumping from Rafa to Pardew.

People really need to stop fooling themselves that Rafa alone will sway players. Every single other aspect of this club screams steer clear. That's going to trump it more often than not for most players.

I'd imagine any professional with any ambition or common sense would, even for a loan period, want to play under a good manager. He literally said that Pardew spoke well [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

As opposed to what? Coming out in the media and saying ANYONE was talking s****? Because that happens?

[emoji38] Obviously no, but he's clearly another Townsend. Either way we'll see what good playing under Pardew does for him.

Fail to see how choosing one premier league club over another because he can live at home makes him a Townsend, like.

Because he's choosing to play for the same incompetent moron who the fans will have hounded out before the end of this year.

Newcastle United and WBA are both relegation candidates.  The job is to score goals, go the World Cup and keep the team up.

He probably views both clubs as beneath him Long-term. The least he should want to do is to perform well and get a move to a club that regularly finishes in the top 8/10 at the worst. 

Difference is - WBA is close to home. 

It’s a short term move for specific purposes.  It’s a fair choice imo. 

We SHOULD blow WBA out the water.  But is not 2004 anymore.

Sturridge didn't fail to sign for us. We failed to sign Sturridge. It's all on this s***-house of a club.

Exactly. Regardless of where we are in the table, if we were more ambitious in general he'd have came here in a heartbeat.

Gone back to play in front of his own people in Birmingham.

I understand that so unless we seriously undercut WBA that’s life. Which we probably did of course.

Yeah but it's a shit hole. /Trump

Only place someone tried to rob me and I've been to Morocco.  :razz:

Guest firetotheworks

I have the feeling most players would pick WBA over us right now, regardless of who our manager is.

Maybe so, but they'd be complete morons as well. All they'd have to do is look at Townsend to see how his form has gone after jumping from Rafa to Pardew.

People really need to stop fooling themselves that Rafa alone will sway players. Every single other aspect of this club screams steer clear. That's going to trump it more often than not for most players.

I'd imagine any professional with any ambition or common sense would, even for a loan period, want to play under a good manager. He literally said that Pardew spoke well [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

As opposed to what? Coming out in the media and saying ANYONE was talking s****? Because that happens?

[emoji38] Obviously no, but he's clearly another Townsend. Either way we'll see what good playing under Pardew does for him.

Fail to see how choosing one premier league club over another because he can live at home makes him a Townsend, like.

Because he's choosing to play for the same incompetent moron who the fans will have hounded out before the end of this year.

...for a handful of games.

Surely you see how they're different situations.

Guest firetotheworks

I was massively surprised by Birmingham tbh. Expected a shit hole based on reputation, got modern day canals and loads of lush outdoor art exhibitions.

It’s perfectly fine to be angry about this. It’s the state of this club and the fact that an Alan Pardew sales pitch to come home means more to Daniel Sturridge than playing for Rafa Benitez at a massive stadium for our club, which today, once again, has shown itself to be an ounce of what it used to be. It’s stings and it’s a sickening feeling. Reactions as wild as there are all justified. Dude can have any and every reason to play for whatever club he wants. It’s just today out in public eye we lost to WBA. This is bloody pitiful.

It’s perfectly fine to be angry about this. It’s the state of this club and the fact that an Alan Pardew sales pitch to come home means more to Daniel Sturridge than playing for Rafa Benitez at a massive stadium for our club, which today, once again, has shown itself to be an ounce of what it used to be. It’s stings and it’s a sickening feeling. Reactions as wild as there are all justified. Dude can have any and every reason to play for whatever club he wants. It’s just today out in public eye we lost to WBA. This is bloody pitiful.

:thup: feels like a new low, though it probably isn't. Daniel 'mad as a box of frogs' Sturridge chooses WBA over NUFC. Maybe so he can continue to live at home. Though who really knows. What stings is, on hearing the link we were astounded and (some) let ourselves believe this is a huge step towards safety (and all that means re the future). Then this bellend holds up a mirror and gives us a cold light of day reflection of how attractive we look, from the outside. All that 'crawl over broken glass...'/people should want to come here... 'we would idolise them' (particularly, effective, strikers), just evaporates. Emperor's new clothes. We need him and he doesn't want us. Tough to take, but mainly because we're desperate/have limited choices. Well f*** him, however reasonable or frankly deluded the basis of his choice was. He is on my personal blacklist now. Next disappointment step on up.

Guest neesy111

I was massively surprised by Birmingham tbh. Expected a shit hole based on reputation, got modern day canals and loads of lush outdoor art exhibitions.

Whats a modern day canal?