Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

I was massively surprised by Birmingham tbh. Expected a shit hole based on reputation, got modern day canals and loads of lush outdoor art exhibitions.

Birmingham is absolutely fine as a city, he'd probably fit in there a lot more than he would here if we're honest. The lure of this club has always been we are a big club in a football mad city. That went out of the window a decade ago.

Doubt he’s going to move there. It’s a couple of hours from Anfield to the Hawthorns. If since he initially went there, he’s moved out of the city centre to leafy Cheshire, like most of them seem to, it’s probably half of that. No point picking over the finer points of Brummie waterways and architecture!

Can’t blame Sturridge really.  He can pop to his mam’s for tea every day as soon as he gets injured again.

I’m not bitter at all, honest!

For straw clutching, he didn't look very happy in the press photo. Not that he's a smiley type to begin with.

It's also inconceivable that Pardew and Carver will get the best out of him and his teammates. If Pards successfully sells Evans, they could still be in trouble. Shit defending is the easiest way to be relegated.

Guest firetotheworks

I was massively surprised by Birmingham tbh. Expected a shit hole based on reputation, got modern day canals and loads of lush outdoor art exhibitions.

Whats a modern day canal?

A canal that's modern. It looks modern anyway, the whole area I was in looked restored.

Whats a modern day canal?

A canal that's modern. It looks modern anyway, the whole area I was in looked restored.

Gas Street Basin has been significantly redeveloped. Symphony hall opera house, Hyena comedy club, nightclubs, bars and restaurants heading towards the library and the Gas St. museum and gallery. Birmingham is full of shit places - particularly near the football grounds (particularly Aston) but like any place big enough the contrasts are worse. People seem to be like that about a lot of towns in the midlands, mainly dismissive - probably because you don't hear about it much.

Leicester, Leamington Spa, Stratford Upon Avon and places like Warwick are nice enough places. Coventry will change massively next year with the culture bid and it needs it with Warwick nearby there are nice enough areas. Northampton, Derby and Nottingham are a bit ropey imo but I can see why someone from the Birmingham area would go there over smaller a place like Newcastle, no matter how much as a fan I think how fantastic it is. I've grown to think this goldfish bowl idea is probably true.

Still waiting on the pull of a top manager like Benitez to work in our favour.

Maybe if we showed a top club's ambition to match the top manager then we'd be able to attract top players as well?

Guest firetotheworks

Didn’t think he was a good fit for us personally would have rather made do with what we had up front then strengthen elsewhere if it came down to Sturridge or Ings or no striker

[emoji38]

Personally I feel he's a bottler who can't take the pressure, so family was a good excuse. Well documented that he was paranoid of getting injured all the time.

The amount of pressure and focus on our non scoring strikers at the moment may have been too much for him, hence taking the easy option at West Brom. Even if he fails there, he won't be blamed that much. Here he'd be slaughtered by press, fans etc because he's Daniel Sturridge and we're a magnet for bad press.

Didn’t think he was a good fit for us personally would have rather made do with what we had up front then strengthen elsewhere if it came down to Sturridge or Ings or no striker

[emoji38]

Each to their own but that's ridiculous. :lol: I'd sooner take the gamble on someone capable of hitting 7-8 goals between now and the end of the season than persist with two who have just about cobbled together to get that combined.

It sounds like Sturridge wasn't keen on a move to Inter either, so it seems obvious he's prioritising comfort and convenience at this point in his career. It's not necessarily about right or wrong, but an ambitious player still wanting to compete at a high level would have gone there.

It sounds like Sturridge wasn't keen on a move to Inter either, so it seems obvious he's prioritising comfort and convenience at this point in his career. It's not necessarily about right or wrong, but an ambitious player still wanting to compete at a high level would have gone there.

Wouldn't start for Inter though which is important with the World Cup coming up