La Liga 14/15

Disco

Bielsa looks like he has left as a result of the statement put out by Athletic RE: that training ground fracas.

Marca: Bielsa "has decided to leave after the club statement" that addressed unfinished works at training facility'

Guest neesy111

It'll be the club defending the local Basque workers to the hilt with its it staunch policy of only using basque players most likely.

Real will win La Liga and the CL next season.

Thought this last year. See no reason to say different. Can't even see their being the Levante factor early doors.

Alba for Barca is a massive signing because they have looked like they have needed a top LB for a while. Can't see Barca spending much more money though until they sell some players. I still think Barcelona are the team to beat in the Champions League and fancy them to regain the Cup however think Madrid will once again edge the League because of the superiority in their squad. They will more than likely signing another 2/3 top players to include and this will be the big difference once again.

Heard couple of rumours Barca interested in Van Persie and although I think that would be a top draw signing, think that would mean Villa would be shown the door which is disappointing as I think he deserves another season.

RVP would be a poor signing for Barca imo, he cant play wide in Barca's system and he would just get in Messi's way as they both take up similar positions it would be Ibra all over again.

Villa is much better for Barca as like Sanchez, Pedro etc etc he stretches the play and makes runs in behind.

The biggest difference between Barca and Madrid last season was Pep experimenting with different systems which effected the defensive and attacking balance of the team and poor form and injuries to key players.

The mere fact Sanchez was Barca's 2nd best goalscorer with 15 and Madrid had Higuian and Benzema both getting 30 each says a lot IMO.

Alba is a good signing and will make it difficult for teams to "park the bus" against Barca with Alves and Alba going forward, although it gives them a weakness on set plays because of his height.

If i was buying at Barca i would be focusing everything to get a top class CB in and a aerially dominant one at that, they dont need forwards IMO they have enough they just need to stick to the 4-3-3 and hope form and injuries does'nt turn for the worst again.

RVP would be a poor signing for Barca imo, he cant play wide in Barca's system and he would just get in Messi's way as they both take up similar positions it would be Ibra all over again.

Villa is much better for Barca as like Sanchez, Pedro etc etc he stretches the play and makes runs in behind.

The biggest difference between Barca and Madrid last season was Pep experimenting with different systems which effected the defensive and attacking balance of the team and poor form and injuries to key players.

The mere fact Sanchez was Barca's 2nd best goalscorer with 15 and Madrid had Higuian and Benzema both getting 30 each says a lot IMO.

Alba is a good signing and will make it difficult for teams to "park the bus" against Barca with Alves and Alba going forward, although it gives them a weakness on set plays because of his height.

If i was buying at Barca i would be focusing everything to get a top class CB in and a aerially dominant one at that, they dont need forwards IMO they have enough they just need to stick to the 4-3-3 and hope form and injuries does'nt turn for the worst again.

Van Persie is a similar type to Zlatan and see where your coming from with the whole stretching the defense thing. However i think too much pressure has been placed on Messi to get the goals, they need someone like RVP to take the pressure off him. Zlatan never got 30 plus but he had a lot of injuries and when he did play, the team was very effective and have a very succesful era when he was there. Obviously falling out with Pep led to him heading back off to Barca not because he was a failure. RVP's movement can stretch defences, he comes out wide, can play in the hole, he also works a lot more than what Zlatan did.

Guest neesy111

The difference between barca and real last 2 seasons has purely been on injuries.  Real had some crucial 1's 2010/11 and barca last season.

I'd still bet on barca winning more than real when both teams at full strength, people really under-estimated the impact of David Villa's injury last season IMO.

Guest neesy111

It'd be nice if Valencia solved their financial woes as they could mix it up with the big 2 if they played their cards right in transfer market.

The sooner the collective tv agreement is in place the better for la liga.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Haven't followed LaLiga in a while, but what ever happened to Valencia?

Awful management behind the scenes and a huge debt due to paying high transfer fees, high wages and attempting to build a new stadium without actually having the financial backing to finish it. Think it was supposed to be open for 2009-10 season, but building of it stopped in 2009 and they've not long renegotiated a deal with the bank that allows them to start building again soon. No idea if they still have the go ahead though, with the way Spain are financially in the shit right now.

Haven't followed LaLiga in a while, but what ever happened to Valencia?

Awful management behind the scenes and a huge debt due to paying high transfer fees, high wages and attempting to build a new stadium without actually having the financial backing to finish it. Think it was supposed to be open for 2009-10 season, but building of it stopped in 2009 and they've not long renegotiated a deal with the bank that allows them to start building again soon. No idea if they still have the go ahead though, with the way Spain are financially in the s*** right now.

The bank they had the deal with is in the gutter and is actually the one that prompted the bailout currently being discussed with the UE.

So no luck for Valencia.