26 GK Brian Murphy

32 MF Shaun Wright-Phillips

35 DF Anton Ferdinand

42 DF Nedum Onuoha

52 FW Bobby Zamora

— FW Jay Bothroyd

— DF Matthew Connolly

— MF Kieron Dyer

— DF Fábio (on loan from Manchester United)

— GK Robert Green

— FW Andrew Johnson

— DF Ryan Nelsen

I think their current goal has been to fill their squad out with as much dross as possible. That squad is shocking

Graveyard of the dead careers..

If this is anything like Hoiletts decisions (or lack there of|) on the international front I could see any interest in him waning from our side almost immediately. I could certainly see Q.P.R. being beneath him though as Canada seems to be, he likes to keep his options open. It doesn't surprise me to see us wanting an answer "immediately". Can see him trying to play the field and ending up at Q.P.R. tbh. 

My opinion is similar to most people, i'd like to see him as another option and develop. But he isn't worth 50k and the club are right to walk away from any deal on those wages.

Also getting a RB, CB and a striker all more important than Hoilett and that would be the case even if we signed him.

iandovaston ‏@skydovaston

My source tells me Blackburn's Junior Hoilett will now fly out to Germany over the weekend to speak with Borussia Moenchengladbach.

Blatantly just following us around and going for any player we're linked with.  Let's start putting some stories out that we're trying to sign Emile Heskey and Carlton Cole to screw with them.

He will entertain every offer! As he should tbh. Moving to Germany would be a dent to his international ambitions though, which is good news for Canada or Jamaica. Cant see him waiting another 5 years to get a German passport.

Guest Geordiedog

Don't we already have enough Hoilett type players? Marveaux, Obertan Ben Arfa Sammy Am plus a rake of 'kids' are all in that pacer wide attacker mold. Can't see us being bothered unless it's just to make money on. Not that I have a problem with that whole making money thing. I reckon it could be a smoke screen.

Don't we already have enough Hoilett type players? Marveaux, Obertan Ben Arfa Sammy Am plus a rake of 'kids' are all in that pacer wide attacker mold. Can't see us being bothered unless it's just to make money on. Not that I have a problem with that whole making money thing. I reckon it could be a smoke screen.

3/4 you mentioned are left footed, the other was Obertan :iamatwat:

Guest Geordiedog

3/4 you mentioned are left footed, the other was Obertan :iamatwat:

Fair point. We're light on right-sided attacking players, then? In a winger stylee, that is.

He will entertain every offer! As he should tbh. Moving to Germany would be a dent to his international ambitions though, which is good news for Canada or Jamaica. Cant see him waiting another 5 years to get a German passport.

This... I've allways found it rather rediculous how players can even imagine themself playing for any other country then their origin.

Guest Geordiedog

This... I've allways found it rather rediculous how players can even imagine themself playing for any other country then their origin.

Yeah. I've always been baffled by that. But then again I get radgy when people don't support the team from where they're from so to try and swop countires beggars belief.

Honestly, the way that federation is run it's possible he just doesn't play international football.

Ha, too true. Like a lot of things here Canada seemed to have a good thing going previous to the states and then pulled funding. If they had even kept the funding the same in the 60's/70's then the national team and probably the MLS would be a completely different proposition. Can't understand why they wouldn't structure a league system like the UK. Right now it is the number one inner city sport but kids have nowhere to go after highschool if they any good, other than abroad, most kids wouldn't take the gamble. At least Toronto and Vancouver are setting up a good youth program now. 40 years too late.

As for Hoillet and Canada he is more concerned with playing for the best national side he can rather than sticking with the country that raised him. I can understand that, its just annoying because having someone like him and De Guzman committing to Canada and not pulling a Hargreaves would encourage the younger players to commit and drastically improve the team.

Anyway rant over.

Think we need a pacey striker that can cover that LF/RF slot that Demba was playing in. Not sure that Sammy is the answer, not yet at least.

Guest Geordiedog

"playing for the best national side he can rather than sticking with the country that raised him. I can understand that, "

I'm not jingoistic but I can't understand players wanting to pick and choose their country. I know it happens but it's beyond my understanding. If it becomes common place then the whole concept of internationals will be bent out of shape.

I think......

Guest Geordiedog

Think we need a pacey striker that can cover that LF/RF slot that Demba was playing in. Not sure that Sammy is the answer, not yet at least.

JH is very much a 4-3-3 player in just the positions you describe. What's his work rate like? We talking Scott Parker or Laurent Robert?

We are obviously bothered as we were willing to spend heavily on the Dutchman. Hopefully, Samuel can go on loan to a Championship side for at least half the season as well. There is no point in him stagnating and only having the odd substitute/cup appearance.

"playing for the best national side he can rather than sticking with the country that raised him. I can understand that, "

I'm not jingoistic but I can't understand players wanting to pick and choose their country. I know it happens but it's beyond my understanding. If it becomes common place then the whole concept of internationals will be bent out of shape.

I think......

You are correct the whole concept is somewhat disgusting to me. It is difficult to enforce, but if you have moved to a nation with sole purpose of furthering your football career, you should not be allowed to play for that nation.