The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Spurs will definitely regroup.

I actually think they are a sure thing for 4th spot. Lloris/Friedel are two very very good goalkeepers. Walker and BAE are two good fullbacks. Vertonghen - Kaboul will become a very good centreback pairing. Sandro, Parker, Dembele and Sigurdsson will be excellent in midfield. Dempsey, Lennon and Bale are three very good wingers. Then Adebayor or Defoe up top. They have so much depth its a joke really.

I actually think they are a sure thing for 4th spot. Lloris/Friedel are two very very good goalkeepers. Walker and BAE are two good fullbacks. Vertonghen - Kaboul will become a very good centreback pairing. Sandro, Parker, Dembele and Sigurdsson will be excellent in midfield. Dempsey, Lennon and Bale are three very good wingers. Then Adebayor or Defoe up top. They have so much depth its a joke really.

They have AVB, though.

Man, the hate for AVB on here is big. He is very inexperienced but has proved he can win stuff as he did with Porto in a year. He has managed for many years and will only learn more. I do expect him to become a very very good manager, and I actually think it will be with Spurs. I can see them destined for top 4 for a long long time.

He got shit at Chelsea, but they were poor under Di Matteo too and won the CL through fucking flukes man. No way they deserved to win it. Chelsea this season has improved loads, with the money they have splashed. Lukaku will one day replace Torres, Mata has been great, Romeu looks like a player who could develop into something very decent tbh and Meireles (has been disappointing so you cant really blame AVB as I though he would be the signing of the season last year).

I mean he invested nicely in the squad bringing in youth. One who is one of their best players, two which look great for the future and then Meireles who has been decent. He gets more stick than deserved and media has built up an image of him trying to be like Mourinho. His Spurs team dont look without ideas, they just look like a team having to adapt a bit to new players, like Sigurdsson and also having to play Livermore/Huddlestone in the midfield really doesnt help.

Dempsey, Dembele, Vertonghen and Sigurdsson will prove to be great signings.

Fourth? Above Arsenal I suppose? I don't think that will happen. People harp a lot about losing RvP and Song, but when you look at Arsenal's squad it's still pretty ridiculous. They will regroup too.

Fourth? Above Arsenal I suppose? I don't think that will happen. People harp a lot about losing RvP and Song, but when you look at Arsenal's squad it's still pretty ridiculous. They will regroup too.

My problem with Arsenal is that I dont rate Podolski, Gervinho or Walcott highly enough to think that Cazorla and Giroud wont have to carry them offensively in a new league and trying to adapt at the same time.

I love Cazorla and Giroud, but will they be able to carry Arsenal like van Persie did? Is their midfield stronger than last season? Wil Wilshere come as good as before? Will Ramsey develop and start playing to his expectation? Oh and their defense fullbacks arent great since Sagna is always broken and Vermaelen dislikes the fullback spot.

They have AVB, though.

This. I watched there game yesterday, Norwich looked well drilled, knew what they had to do and executed that very well. Spurs on the other hand were the complete opposite. Looked very poor, disjointed, didn't look like a team just individuals. Just because the side looks good with a host of top names doesn't always mean to say they will click if it's not managed correctly. They now have a lot of questions to answer for imo?

Man, the hate for AVB on here is big. He is very inexperienced but has proved he can win stuff as he did with Porto in a year. He has managed for many years and will only learn more. I do expect him to become a very very good manager, and I actually think it will be with Spurs. I can see them destined for top 4 for a long long time.

He got shit at Chelsea, but they were poor under Di Matteo too and won the CL through fucking flukes man. No way they deserved to win it. Chelsea this season has improved loads, with the money they have splashed. Lukaku will one day replace Torres, Mata has been great, Romeu looks like a player who could develop into something very decent tbh and Meireles (has been disappointing so you cant really blame AVB as I though he would be the signing of the season last year).

I mean he invested nicely in the squad bringing in youth. One who is one of their best players, two which look great for the future and then Meireles who has been decent. He gets more stick than deserved and media has built up an image of him trying to be like Mourinho. His Spurs team dont look without ideas, they just look like a team having to adapt a bit to new players, like Sigurdsson and also having to play Livermore/Huddlestone in the midfield really doesnt help.

:thup: I wouldn't say that they're nailed on for fourth this season, having Kaboul out for a few months will definitely be a blow to them but they'll be there or there abouts. I agree with the rest of what you've said though.

and VI, how does Sevilla look this year? Will they win today against Vallecano? Thinking of putting a bet there. Odds are good. But Vallecano seems to have started the season very well.

Míchel gets a lot of ridicule over here, but I have him for a good manager that gets his teams to play good football. He started putting the house in order when he took over last year and I expect them to progress this year and be there for the EL places. They do lack a reliable goalscorer to replace what Fabiano or Kanouté were for them in years past, though, Negredo just isn't that man; he's much better as a second striker.

Rayo are fun to watch, they play very open football pressing up pitch that's probably too attacking for their own good, I'd expect Sevilla to win this since they have great players for countering. I expect Rayo to struggle this season as Michu was so important for them last year and still they avoided relegation just by a hair.

Incidentally, Rayo's Adrián is Míchel's son. Wonder if there'll be harsh words if a Sevilla player gets in a two-footed tackle :lol:

I definitely dont think they are nailed for fourth THIS season, but I do have them as the favourites to do so. This Spurs team, as much as it hurts to say so, has a lot of balance in terms of youth and experience.  All they need is a young striker to learn and then take over from Defoe and Adebayor. Might be why they have been after Leandro Damiao for a while, who I think, would absolutely fucking thrive in that Spurs team. I just hope they dont get him in like 2 years time and expect him to come into the team straight awy and then give up on him after a season. Getting him in next summer (if they go to the CL) and letting him rotate and gel into a new league will only develop him as well as have someone to take over from Adebayor and Defoe soon.

and VI, how does Sevilla look this year? Will they win today against Vallecano? Thinking of putting a bet there. Odds are good. But Vallecano seems to have started the season very well.

Míchel gets a lot of ridicule over here, but I have him for a good manager that gets his teams to play good football. He started putting the house in order when he took over last year and I expect them to progress this year and be there for the EL places. They do lack a reliable goalscorer to replace what Fabiano or Kanouté were for them in years past, though, Negredo just isn't that man; he's much better as a second striker.

Rayo are fun to watch, they play very open football pressing up pitch that's probably too attacking for their own good, I'd expect Sevilla to win this since they have great players for countering. I expect Rayo to struggle this season as Michu was so important for them last year and still they avoided relegation just by a hair.

Incidentally, Rayo's Adrián is Míchel's son. Wonder if there'll be harsh words if a Sevilla player gets in a two-footed tackle :lol:

:thup: Always enjoyed Sevilla couple years back, unfortunately every since moving from Mexico I havent been able to watch much of Spanish La Liga except the big games. Hope to get back into it a bit.

Great post.