The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Like Forster was going to stay here to sit on the bench man. It was one or the other and I'm more than happy with what we've ended up with.

Yep. He was never going to just settle with playing in the Europa League and cups.

Seen this argument countless times on here, yet when it came to making the transfer this past summer he sure took his time to make up his mind. Pure speculation as far as I am concerned. If you look at the combined number of games Elliot and Harper have had so far I don't think he wouldn't have got his chance either. Added to constant speculation about bigger clubs eyeing up Krul, I just don't see the sense of letting him go for the sake of 1 or 2 million unless it was 100% his decision, which is not supported by evidence as far as I know. Football is a squad game. Players need competition to keep on their toes, and you need a squad to deal with injuries, suspensions, etc. I don't think having him here in direct competition with Krul for one season to see who's strongest would have done us much harm.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

They were playing none of their best players against killie in fairness. But they just beat Barcelona, enough said.

They were playing none of their best players against killie in fairness. But they just beat Barcelona, enough said.

So Celtic are now the best team in the world then? :cheesy:

(Fair play to them btw).

So Celtic are now the best team in the world then? :cheesy:

(Fair play to them btw).

Nah, but they have a lot better team than people have given them credit for.

Like Forster was going to stay here to sit on the bench man. It was one or the other and I'm more than happy with what we've ended up with.

Yep. He was never going to just settle with playing in the Europa League and cups.

Seen this argument countless times on here, yet when it came to making the transfer this past summer he sure took his time to make up his mind. Pure speculation as far as I am concerned. If you look at the combined number of games Elliot and Harper have had so far I don't think he wouldn't have got his chance either. Added to constant speculation about bigger clubs eyeing up Krul, I just don't see the sense of letting him go for the sake of 1 or 2 million unless it was 100% his decision, which is not supported by evidence as far as I know. Football is a squad game. Players need competition to keep on their toes, and you need a squad to deal with injuries, suspensions, etc. I don't think having him here in direct competition with Krul for one season to see who's strongest would have done us much harm.

I know someone who knows Forster and they told me 3-4 years ago that Forster had said that he wouldn't do what Harper did - he wanted to play every week and if that meant leaving Newcastle he would do so.  There was no chance he would stay as back up to Krul especially after Krul signed his new contract.

Only eight of eleven players that started today.

Did you actually go through the effort of researching that ;D. But you're right, well done ;D I'd call it an off day though.

Did you actually go through the effort of researching that ;D. But you're right, well done ;D I'd call it an off day though.

Aye, it took me about 20 seconds  O0

Aye, it took me about 20 seconds  O0

I still wouldn't haven't of bothered ;D. You'd have to like google it, check the name sheet of that game and all and think who was playing tonight and match em up and all, fuck that shit wayyyy too much effort for me ;D.

Go home Roy the Irish Magpie

You are drunk

Funny enough I actually did have 4 points after uni today LOL. I needed them though, had a fuckin' tough exam :(.

You are drunk

Funny enough I actually did have 4 points after uni today LOL. I needed them though, had a fuckin' tough exam :(.

You'll struggle to qualify from the group as it stands.

You are drunk

Uni? Honestly thought you were about 54 :laugh:

20? :yao:

You are drunk

Uni? Honestly thought you were about 54 :laugh:

20? :yao:

haha, yes as you can see when clicked into my profile. Already in my third year of uni too, life aint easy, specially when you're doing accountancy, stay away from accounting, head wrecker :(

I know someone who knows Forster and they told me 3-4 years ago that Forster had said that he wouldn't do what Harper did - he wanted to play every week and if that meant leaving Newcastle he would do so.  There was no chance he would stay as back up to Krul especially after Krul signed his new contract.

Fair enough if that's the case. :thup:

You are drunk

You'll struggle to qualify from the group as it stands.

Sure Celtic wil beat benfica 0-6, Moscow 17-0 and then go on and win the fuckin thing easy peesy :). Alright, yeah, fair enough,maybe I am just a tad wankerd :)

Like V.I. said, Barca needed to stretch Celtic wide to make spaces to pass through for runners in, but Celtic were happy to give Barca the space out wide and pack the middle, knowing that Barca weren't going to cross from wide where Celtic would've been able to deal with it. Celtic held tight when Barca had the ball in front of them on the edge of their box, the one time Barca were able to get through was the late pressure at the end when Celtic were tiring which resulted in the goal.

Also how many fucking 20-year-olds are called Roy. :lol:

I took a few minutes away there to sober up :D Be staying on sites like this one for a while, at the very least going nowhere near facebook, fuck me are the Celtic band wagoners are out in force there tonight, fuckin hell.