The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Incredibly harsh, he's probably been there best player this season. Adebayor has been a complete waste of space.

Even harsher :lol: Adebayor's hardly played, after (a) not being our player anyway, then (b) being injured. Every time he's been on the pitch we've looked better. It's the age-old question with Defoe - do you play him for the goals and sacrifice the all-round play? Away against City, I agree with AVB. Actually, I'd have been tempted to play Ade and Defoe and drop Dempsey, but there you go.

Can you see them both playing together successfully? On paper there's potential for a quality 4-4-2 with your lot, what with Bale and Lennon on the wings. But then again 4-4-2 is frowned upon nowadays. :lol:

Well we presumed that Dempsey's position was as a sort of very attacking midfielder who can score and dovetail with Bale and Lennon. The problem is that he's been a bit rubbish, and Sigurdsson has flattered to deceive. Ade has been dropping deeper to great effect, and so there is an argument for putting him there. I just don't fully know what AVB expects of someone in that position. Like you say, it looks more like a 442, but that really is't such a bad idea.

Hart :lol:

City look so average this year.

What's with the defences of the so-called top teams this year? Both Manchester clubs have produced some comical defending this year. Man Utd though look much more incisive going forward and are clear favourites for the title.

What's with the defences of the so-called top teams this year? Both Manchester clubs have produced some comical defending this year. Man Utd though look much more incisive going forward and are clear favourites for the title.

I'd say Chelsea are favourites. Sure, they will be prone to comical defending as well, especially from Shit Coloccini, but with Oscar, Mata and Hazard they have the best attacking options IMO.

I'd say Chelsea are favourites. Sure, they will be prone to comical defending as well, especially from Shit Coloccini, but with Oscar, Mata and Hazard they have the best attacking options IMO.

It's a frighteningly talented trio of attackers to have but I dunno, just can't see past Man Utd for me. They have the best striker in the league and are stronger mentally IMO. Chelsea will be close but Man Utd will be more consistent and will simply win more matches I reckon.