The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Eh, so they show Michu going off injured.

Not watching. Would the blame have fallen on the shoulders of a player of the opposing team, whom they're trying to show in a good light as ever? If not, I think that's the conundrum solved. It was a tough one, like. Cunts.

I love Moyes' humour, it's so dry. His press conferences and interviews are consistently great, but I'm not sure if the humour is intentional. His handling of the press is generally class though.

"Do you think Seamus Coleman has a chance of playing against Chelsea?"

"A chance."

"Is there any idea on a percentage chance?"

"I don't do maths."

--------------------------

"There was a story in the Independent about Leighton Baines, I was...."

"Do you believe that paper?"

"Well, I was just about to ask you whether...."

"I don't read that paper."

:lol:

I think the only way forward to deal with this is to get Paxman to do all questioning.

"Are you selling Baines?"

"I'm not a salesman."

"Answer the question, Moyes."

*more inane waffling*

"No, answer the question."

I love Moyes' humour, it's so dry. His press conferences and interviews are consistently great, but I'm not sure if the humour is intentional. His handling of the press is generally class though.

"Do you think Seamus Coleman has a chance of playing against Chelsea?"

"A chance."

"Is there any idea on a percentage chance?"

"I don't do maths."

--------------------------

"There was a story in the Independent about Leighton Baines, I was...."

"Do you believe that paper?"

"Well, I was just about to ask you whether...."

"I don't read that paper."

:lol:

Loved how he dealt with a transfer rumour a way back. Something along the lines of "The rumours are not correct but they are not wrong either." :lol:

Edit: Found it:

"I went to see Molde. It's a lovely place to go at this time of year. I thought it was very nice and the weather was very pleasant," he joked.

"We went to watch the game and I'd never ever talk about players. It would be wrong to do so but we went to take the game in and I've got to say we quite enjoyed it. We got treated fantastically well by the football club - the hospitality was fabulous.

"I wouldn't comment and it's (the reports) not wrong but in the same breath it's not right either."

I've had a truly excruciating football Christmas.

Still backing Lambert, though. He just needs to get some experience in in January as using kids and blooding academy products is great, but you'll not get through a whole season that way.

Despite being twatted 4-0 after an 8-0 reverse, despite there being some isolated booing, at the end of the game, encouraging to see the support still there for the manager and the team.

As I said after our win at Anfield, it's a long, long season still, and our results are going to be massively volatile.

Still firmly believe Lambert will do a good job with you providing he's given the time and support. These results, although potentially very damaging to morale, are not going to shape the long-term future.

Its about how he motivates them to recover from the last two games, really.

He needs to be backed in the January market. I don't know a single Villa fan who doesn't appreciate what he is trying to do, and how he is going about it, but this season was always going to be about mental, supercharged swings and roundabouts. He's at least trying to get us play the game properly.

I see McLeish's doomish, negative face washing up at Forest, and remember how it is 1000 times worse when your manager has an approach to the game that you find nauseating.

Sunderland: Mignolet, Gardner, Kilgallon, O'Shea ©, Cuellar, Larsson, Colback, Johnson, McClean, Sessegnon, Fletcher.

Tottenham: Lloris; Walker, Dawson ©, Caulker, Naughton; Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Bale; Adebayor, Defoe.