The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Guest neesy111

Atlético friend fan of me terrified because Abramovich is in attendance and there's still 3 hours left in the window :lol:

:lol: he'll be in a good mood today as well

Do Atletico have mega rich owners?

They are very skint and on the verge of bankruptcy, not a good example. I'd say they are a slightly more successful version of you under Shepherd.

And yet they managed to keep hold of this amazing striker. How brilliant, everyone knows that you've got no choice but to sell your best players. Nearly as impressive as us.

He was bought for nearly 50 million euro, will be on massive wages, and is his prime. It would be almost impossible for a club to buy him, unless Atletico were genuinely in poverty.

Sorry, common sense isn't allowed on days like today.

No where near. :lol:

They are rich, but also massive crooks.

If you own a club you have to be well off at least nowadays.

Has anyone tried to buy barca off the members at all?

No, but there aren't any shares to buy. I don't know how that would work out.

So who actually owns the club then?  I'm just going off stuff I've read about Perez wanting to buy Real and how'd that would work.

Members do. But we don't own "shares", so we can't sell them.

That thing about Pérez buying out Real Madrid was an urban legend. The only way Madrid/Barça/Athletic/Osasuna could be sold is if their finances were so much in the shit that they were forced to turn into a PLC and issue shares to cover the debt.

Guest neesy111

So who actually owns the club then?  I'm just going off stuff I've read about Perez wanting to buy Real and how'd that would work.

That thing about Pérez buying out Real Madrid was an urban legend. The only way Madrid/Barça/Athletic/Osasuna could be sold is if their finances were so much in the shit that they were forced to turn into a PLC and issue shares to cover the debt.

Fair enough, has that ever happened in Spain?

That thing about Pérez buying out Real Madrid was an urban legend. The only way Madrid/Barça/Athletic/Osasuna could be sold is if their finances were so much in the s*** that they were forced to turn into a PLC and issue shares to cover the debt.

Fair enough, has that ever happened in Spain?

Yes, in the 90s most clubs were forced to turn into PLCs unless they could cover their own capital. Actually all clubs were meant to do that but Real Madrid/FCB got a pass because of who they were, and Athletic and Osasuna managed to meet the same conditions that were made for them.

Before that, pretty much all Spanish clubs were fan owned. The change was done so the clubs were managed responsibly like a private company supposedly should, and 20 years late it has utterly failed but the fans have lost their clubs.