The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Were Scotland fans really booing at the final whistle there?

I thought so.

There were boos for sure. Was a bad performance from us, Levein is a shite manager. Serbia are gash man, we shoulda had them.

Scotland are gasherer though

Disagree, best squad we have had in quite some time. Some really good players not being used correctly.

Really? Line-up yesterday was; McGregor, Hutton, Webster, Berra, Dixon, Caldwell, Naismith, Snodgrass, Adam, Morrison, Miller.

I'm struggling to see many really good players in that line-up or in the rest of the squad. That's a side of lower Prem and Championship quality players; pretty much a similar story as it has been for Scotland for most of the last 10-15 years. There isn't one Champions League level player to call on (which your other group rivals all have).

Not to say that it isn't possible for them to be moulded into a competitive outfit if they are well drilled and organised considering the sides that have done that in the past, but I'd say that for Scotland to sneak 2nd place from their current group should be seen as a commendable achievement (and the optimum target) for a group of players that are lacking hugely in natural physicality and technical ability almost across the board.

McGregor is a quality keeper and if we had Forrest and Rhodes in from the start like we should have then that is a very good frontline, it's a team that should be beating Serbia at home imo. International football these days tends to be more about the team than the individual stars so I'd say a team made up mostly of premiership players should be a good team and I can't agree that these players lack hugely in physicality and technical ability.

Levein was too negative, was obvious and if we had started Rhodes and wee Forrest we would have most likely won.

McGregor is a quality keeper and if we had Forrest and Rhodes in from the start like we should have then that is a very good frontline, it's a team that should be beating Serbia at home imo. International football these days tends to be more about the team than the individual stars so I'd say a team made up mostly of premiership players should be a good team and I can't agree that these players lack hugely in physicality and technical ability.

Levein was too negative, was obvious and if we had started Rhodes and wee Forrest we would have most likely won.

You are very biased towards Scottish players though, to be fair. To me that looks on paper a very average side at international level with little talent (particularly in the backline) and a lack of natural athleticism throughout.

I've no clue about Levein but I certainly wouldn't be going into games looking to play expansive football if I had that crop.