The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Wow ... think I actually agree with Waddle on something.

Just make Johnson a winger either side. The guy is so good going forward, and really can't defend.

It's been tried, doesn't really work. One of those players that needs to run from deep as he really can't take players on from a static position.

Given enough of a run there, and the chance to work exclusively in that position in training I think he'd succesfully achieve it.

Who played him there out of interest? Can't recall it myself.

Pompey quite regularly, Liverpool on occasion.

For me his best for Liverpool was when paired with Kuyt before Dalglish came. I'd go and say he was excellent under Benítez, despite the rest of the team falling apart.

Everytime Liverpool's centre backs have the ball, just look at the difference between Gerrerd and Joe Allen in movement and the desire to be available for the ball.

Gerrard is awful at it. Just plods around, usually walking away from them, even when it is clear the centre backs are struggling for passing options.

Wow ... think I actually agree with Waddle on something.

Just make Johnson a winger either side. The guy is so good going forward, and really can't defend.

It's been tried, doesn't really work. One of those players that needs to run from deep as he really can't take players on from a static position.

Given enough of a run there, and the chance to work exclusively in that position in training I think he'd succesfully achieve it.

Who played him there out of interest? Can't recall it myself.

Pompey quite regularly, Liverpool on occasion.

For me his best for Liverpool was when paired with Kuyt before Dalglish came. Complemented each other well.

Ah, okay. I do agree regarding his partnership with Kuyt down the right. That was really good.