The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Watching Barca tonight and it seems in last few weeks Cesc has come into his own.

His role seems to have changed and playing a lot more like he did at Arsenal instead of backing up the play and being behind the ball all the time ( ala Xavi) he seems to be playing beyond the ball and playing the final pass rather than actual playmaking.

I would still have great concerns when Xavi eventually goes because neither Cesc or Iniesta can actually playmake and both are better higher up the pitch be it the final pass AM style of Cesc or the dribbling brilliance of Iniesta to create spaces for others.

Unless the team is altered completely and Busquets becomes the playmaker from his deep position ala Guardiola.

Be interesting to see how they evolve as it's clear they will have to change in some way to make up for the loss of Xavi as no one can actually do what he does as good as they are.

Well, Iniesta didn't start tonight. It's a squad game, plus he can go to the wing in some games. His linking up with Alba there is great.

Cesc has certainly found his place in the team, and has been ridiculously effective as of late. One of the reasons we bought him was to get more goals/directness from midfield and he seems to be taking on that role. Thiago, right now, is the closest player we have to Xavi in style. He is still young and has a lot of rawness to him, but he's progressed a lot since he was promoted to the first team.

Well, Iniesta didn't start tonight. It's a squad game, plus he can go to the wing in some games. His linking up with Alba there is great.

Cesc has certainly found his place in the team, and has been ridiculously effective as of late. One of the reasons we bought him was to get more goals/directness from midfield and he seems to be taking on that role. Thiago, right now, is the closest player we have to Xavi in style. He is still young and has a lot of rawness to him, but he's progressed a lot since he was promoted to the first team.

Agree with that, on Alba he's like a left sided Alves  :laugh:

To be frank, so far Alba's productivity in the opposition's half is far better than Alves'. But he doesn't give a f*** about defending :lol:

I suspect Alves will be sold and we'll go with Alba/Montoya as a more balanced (and younger) fb pair.

Yeah that's true although tbf you have normally always had one attacking fullback and solid fullback at least in recent years.

Today's red card victim:

QPR defender Stephane Mbia claims manager Mark Hughes did not even know ­whether he was worth signing.

Mbia, sold by ­Marseille for £5million in August, told French newspaper L’Equipe: “The manager knew my name and had seen me in the Champions League, but did not really know whether I was good or not.”

Mbia – sent off yesterday for kicking out against Arsenal’s Thomas ­Vermaelen – admitted QPR were just as big a mystery for him: “I thought they were a Scottish club. Marseille needed the money. So I thought why not if it is for their good and mine, but I would never have thought of coming here.”

On QPR’s tactics, Mbia said: “There is only ­playing and very little tactics. We don’t ­really train in the week, we have rest days, but we haven’t the right to mess up on match days.”

And Mbia has had problems on the pitch before his sending off at the ­Emirates. He said: “Against West Ham, I went to see the referee to tell him Andy Carroll kept elbowing me. The ref ­replied: ‘Welcome to England’.”

:lol:

To be frank, so far Alba's productivity in the opposition's half is far better than Alves'. But he doesn't give a f*** about defending :lol:

I suspect Alves will be sold and we'll go with Alba/Montoya as a more balanced (and younger) fb pair.

Yeah that's true although tbf you have normally always had one attacking fullback and solid fullback at least in recent years.

Yeah, that's why I think we'll sell Alves. Alba/Alves is just suicide as a regular pair. Daniel will be 30 this season and he's a player that has always based his success around his amazing athleticism, so it makes sense to move him on at this point and cash on him while still keeping this kind of threat in our arsenal.

A disgruntled player? Little tactics involved? Yep, QPR are going down.

Mark Hughes teams tactics are always kick the opposition as much as possible and then pass to the two or three non-shit players on the team.

A disgruntled player? Little tactics involved? Yep, QPR are going down.

Mark Hughes teams tactics are always kick the opposition as much as possible and then pass to the two or three non-shit players on the team.

Yep, and yet the pundits still act all disgusted that somehow his players "keep letting him down". It's not a coincidence.

Today's red card victim:

QPR defender Stephane Mbia claims manager Mark Hughes did not even know ­whether he was worth signing.

Mbia, sold by ­Marseille for £5million in August, told French newspaper L’Equipe: “The manager knew my name and had seen me in the Champions League, but did not really know whether I was good or not.”

Mbia – sent off yesterday for kicking out against Arsenal’s Thomas ­Vermaelen – admitted QPR were just as big a mystery for him: “I thought they were a Scottish club. Marseille needed the money. So I thought why not if it is for their good and mine, but I would never have thought of coming here.”

On QPR’s tactics, Mbia said: “There is only ­playing and very little tactics. We don’t ­really train in the week, we have rest days, but we haven’t the right to mess up on match days.”

And Mbia has had problems on the pitch before his sending off at the ­Emirates. He said: “Against West Ham, I went to see the referee to tell him Andy Carroll kept elbowing me. The ref ­replied: ‘Welcome to England’.”

Great. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today's red card victim:

This is one of the most bizzare interviews i've read in a long time.

Today's red card victim:

And Mbia has had problems on the pitch before his sending off at the ­Emirates. He said: “Against West Ham, I went to see the referee to tell him Andy Carroll kept elbowing me. The ref ­replied: ‘Welcome to England’.

wtf :lol:

Well, he wasn't a million miles off TBH, given that both Queen's Park and Rangers are Scottish clubs :)

I know, just still thought it was funny how he was about to join a team but he didnt know which country they played in :lol:

Well, he wasn't a million miles off TBH, given that both Queen's Park and Rangers are Scottish clubs :)

I know, just still thought it was funny how he was about to join a team but he didnt know which country they played in :lol:

I still think Robinho thought he'd sign for Man Utd untill he first played in the then City of Manchester stadium.

Today's red card victim:

Great. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amazing interview. :lol: