The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Not sure what to make about Moyes' comments on Fellaini.

On one hand I'm delighted we have such a straight-talking manager who'll call it how he sees it. Let's be honest, a whole host of managers would've tried to claim they didn't see it, or that it was a bit of a grey area. Fellaini was a fucking moron and he pointed it out as such.

Yet I can't help wonder if he'd adopted the approach of some managers of the "top" clubs in this league, the ban won't be as harsh (of course time will tell on that). Ferguson, Wenger, Rodgers and more.... would they have said what Moyes said? It shouldn't work like that, no, but we know how the FA works. I expect Fellaini to be made an example of, as opposed to Moyes' comments and Fellaini's swift apology actually doing any good.

Biased view: Wish referees would, conversely, start doing something about opposition players grappling Fellaini for every set piece. Gets fuck all protection from the referee. All you'd ask is for some consistency, not penalise him just because he's big.

Not sure what to make about Moyes' comments on Fellaini.

On one hand I'm delighted we have such a straight-talking manager who'll call it how he sees it. Let's be honest, a whole host of managers would've tried to claim they didn't see it, or that it was a bit of a grey area. Fellaini was a fucking moron and he pointed it out as such.

Yet I can't help wonder if he'd adopted the approach of some managers of the "top" clubs in this league, the ban won't be as harsh (of course time will tell on that). Ferguson, Wenger, Rodgers and more.... would they have said what Moyes said? It shouldn't work like that, no, but we know how the FA works. I expect Fellaini to be made an example of, as opposed to Moyes' comments and Fellaini's swift apology actually doing any good.

Biased view: Wish referees would, conversely, start doing something about opposition players grappling Fellaini for every set piece. Gets fuck all protection from the referee. All you'd ask is for some consistency, not penalise him just because he's big.

:thup:

I felt the same with Pardew on the Tiote (against Sunderland) and Coloccini (against Liverpool) dismissals. Playing the nice guy is admirable but it gets you no where with the FA, which seems pretty backward from an organisation obsessed with respect.

Imo Neil, Moyes didn't have much of a choice because it was so blatant. Still can't believe he got away with it during the match, unbelievable.

Incidents being blatant haven't stopped other managers try to defend their players in such situations and attempt to mitigate the circumstances. I personally think the FA will see this as an opportunity to throw the book at someone - to be seen to be doing their job. Trial by media, as per.

"I haven't seen the incident and I haven't spoken to Joey, but people who saw it were saying he had to go. I haven't seen it, so I shouldn't comment but, like I say, it was a sending-off.”

Mark Hughes on Barton against Man City. He "didn't see" Barton earn 3 red cards :lol: Barton didn't even think it was a sending off.

Imo Neil, Moyes didn't have much of a choice because it was so blatant. Still can't believe he got away with it during the match, unbelievable.

Incidents being blatant haven't stopped other managers try to defend their players in such situations and attempt to mitigate the circumstances. I personally think the FA will see this as an opportunity to throw the book at someone - to be seen to be doing their job. Trial by media, as per.

Aye you are probably right, I'm not sure it has as much of an effect though unless you are one of the rich clubs.

I guess so.

To be clear, I think what Fellaini did was truly moronic regardless of whether he was provoked or not and I'm surprised it's only 3 games. But the key thing I take from this is that nothing seems to be predictable any more. Certain incidents are highlighted more. Equally as violent acts take place without any punishment. The whole thing's a mess.