The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Without Cronaldo, Real Madrid only managed a single shot on goal yesterday :lol:

One man team.

They are. But take Messi out of Barca and they'd struggle, too.

That's the Spanish NT and we've done allright :p

But I think they rely on him more. Take Cronaldo, Falcao and Messi out of their teams and Barça would still be La Liga's top goalscoring side.

It's also a leadership thing; Cronaldo is the only one to give a damn nowadays, as witnessed yesterday. That was the most apathetic Real Madrid game I have seen since Mou's been managing them.

Without Cronaldo, Real Madrid only managed a single shot on goal yesterday :lol:

One man team.

But I think they rely on him more. Take Cronaldo, Falcao and Messi out of their teams and Barça would still be La Liga's top goalscoring side.

It's also a leadership thing; Cronaldo is the only one to give a damn nowadays, as witnessed yesterday. That was the most apathetic Real Madrid game I have seen since Mou's been managing them.

I don't think it can be measured over one odd game here and there. AM would struggle, yes. But for Barca and Real, I don't think they would struggle over the long term if CR and Messi got long term injuries let's say. Barca would still be superior, but Real wouldn't be that far behind.

One man team.

Yeah, because Casillas did well in goal, Sergio Ramos and Arbeloa were in defence, Xabi Alsonso the never-tired-man and becuase Torres and Silva scored the goals.  :D

One man team.

I don't think it can be measured over one odd game here and there. AM would struggle, yes. But for Barca and Real, I don't think they would struggle over the long term if CR and Messi got long term injuries let's say. Barca would still be superior, but Real wouldn't be that far behind.

One of the things that I like about Vilanova if how's been working out other goalscoring "paths" (to call them in a way) should Messi have a bad game. Watch the Catalan derby, Messi had a poor game yet we won 4-0 thanks to people like Fàbregas or Pedro; and we had a boatload more chances.

I agree you can't measure this from the odd game, mind. But somehow I feel more confident this season about us as a team.

MUFC: De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra; Carrick, Cleverley, Young, Kagawa; Welbeck, Van Persie; Webb.

LFC: Reina; Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel; Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Downing, Sterling; Suarez.

MUFC: De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra; Carrick, Cleverley, Young, Kagawa; Welbeck, Van Persie; Webb.

LFC: Reina; Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel; Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Downing, Sterling; Suarez.

Looking at some of shite in the Liverpool side, fair play to Rodgers for getting them playing decent stuff. Shame the same can't be said of our lot.