Fenerbahce 1 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 21/07/2012

Fenham Mag

Guest VaVaVoom

Sammy looks like left of a front three would be his best spot.

The post was intensely stupid all the same.

He does. He looks exactly the type of player who would do well in that roll in that system. That system that seen us play some of the best football last year but without Ba scoring and other than a little work rate, offered little in attack since January. He clearly is a bit of a sulk.

Why not go for a new look squad next year, reiterating our policy of scouting well and bringing in talented youth.

Put a little more faith in the youngsters.

With the addition of Debuchy as our main arrival, a centreback as competition and a young striker.

---Krul---

Debuchy---S.Taylor---Coloccini---Santon

Cabaye---Tiote---Jonas

Ben Arfa--------------Sameobi

---Cisse---

SUBS: Harper, R.Taylor, Williamson/NEW, Gosling, Marveaux, NEW and Shola.

Tavernier, Perch, Williamson/NEW, Ferguson, Obertan, Amalfitano, Vuckic, Bigirimana and Abeid challenging the senior squad.

Thats a fairly balanced starting 11, options on the bench and a raft of talent to blood or give chances to as and when we need them.

Fwiw if Ba could adapt and start enjoying playing in that kind of position id be more than happy for his to stay and start.

I just dont see why we should change our system for one player who has only shown up for half a premiership season, even if he did score us 16 goals. Cisse looks far more dangerous. I expect a few more from Ben Arfa and Cabaye too with all the others chipping in. We never really missed his goals since January, we wouldnt miss them greatly if he went. Which would open more options within the squad.

Guest Phil K

Tiote even looks as though he's going full throttle in the warm up ffs. :lol:

THE man doesn't let up......

I'd like to see us give Vava's front three a try at least. At the moment, they might be a bit too lightweight for the level we're aiming for, but there's only one way to find out.

Too many people are not acknowledging that there's an issue with Ba. The game is getting quicker all the time, and the higher the level we aim for, the more difficult it is to play with a striker whose movement isn't too great, no matter how strong his game may be in other aspects. Ba hasn't become a worse player. We're becoming a better side, and the danger is he's going to hold us back.

Hogwash!            (been waiting to use that :))

I refuse to accept that Ba is "holding us back" the guy was god in the first half of last season. Was far from useless in the 2nd half of the season but just got into a rut and it started to get to him but he still contributed greatly to the team most of the time.

Hogwash!            (been waiting to use that :))

I refuse to accept that Ba is "holding us back" the guy was god in the first half of last season. Was far from useless in the 2nd half of the season but just got into a rut and it started to get to him but he still contributed greatly to the team most of the time.

The early warning signs are there. He needs to up his game.

He's still a good player for the role in which we used him in the first half of the season. But given where we are now, the new options that we've got, and where we're trying to get to, he's no longer indispensible.

What I like about Sammy is, he does the unexpected. He's definitely got a lot of creativity up his sleeve and if he can get confidence, a lot of run outs and get a few performances in, I really think this could be a big breakthrough season for him.

Good post VaVaVoom.

Regarding Ba. Since Cissé came his performance has gone to worse. He and pardew talks about him being happy. That he wants to be here. But at the same time, by the sound of pardew, he almost demands to be playing at a central forward.

BUT

After every game since February Cissé has shown how much better he is than Ba. While Ba just seems heavy, selfish and just uninspired. I don´t want to sell him. But at the minute I don´t want him to be a starter. He must understand that we are playing better with a system with one center forward. and that center forward should always be Cissé.

This year Ba must fight for his place. I´m still waiting for him to show that this pre season. and when he still demands to be staring (sound like it from pardew), then of course I and manny others some what go nuts.

Was really encouraged by the performance today, quite a high tempo today and the players got a good workout. Colo, Cisse and particularly Tiote were awesome and some of the fringe players did a great job.  Really like the look of Bigi and Tavernier and think they definitely have the potential to step up this season.  Gosling had a good game also which was nice to see as the lad takes quite a lot of stick but he's still young and could come good.  Sammy looked good also and Mehdi Abeid took his goal really well with a bit of strength then a composed finish - looked good in a more advanced position but early days obviously.

Everyone did alright apart from Shola (as much as I love him I'm never surprised if he has a poor game) and Vuckic who took a right old ribbing from the commentators.  Bad day for him but he still has a lot of potential, would love to see him carry it through.

EDIT: Oh yeah I missed Obermong, he was turd too.

yes but for differing reasons, colo just read everything and played well within himself, tiote played like he plays every game......cisse, bloody hell. i was wondering if we'd caught a player in form but no. for a player with little or no close season training he was straight for goal, dangerous without effort. unless we get into the champs league this season he's off because we'll have offers to good to turn down.

Sadly thinks so too.

Regarding Sammy. I´m happy to said that this was the best performance I have seen Sammy done for us. I think he really is suited for a offensive midfield roll. I don´t think he is suited as either a forward or a wing player.

Sammy coming back from that injury and looking like he does is something else too. You get the idea that the younger fringe players have gained a year of maturity and look like they could really develop into some good squad players.

Good post VaVaVoom.

Regarding Ba. Since Cissé came his performance has gone to worse. He and pardew talks about him being happy. That he wants to be here. But at the same time, by the sound of pardew, he almost demands to be playing at a central forward.

BUT

After every game since February Cissé has shown how much better he is than Ba. While Ba just seems heavy, selfish and just uninspired. I don´t want to sell him. But at the minute I don´t want him to be a starter. He must understand that we are playing better with a system with one center forward. and that center forward should always be Cissé.

This year Ba must fight for his place. I´m still waiting for him to show that this pre season. and when he still demands to be staring (sound like it from pardew), then of course I and manny others some what go nuts.

:kinnear:

I never said we should sell him or that he is a bad player. Just that he in my books isn´t a starter right now and that he should have to wait for he his chances and take them when he gets them, something he hasn´t really done since Cissé came.

The posts about Ba  :lol:

Slap yourselves man. Your ability to lose faith in a player is appauling & you dont help our club.

Jesus just seen that as well. Literally would play anyone but Ba. It really is just, well, I don't know :lol:

I never said we should sell him or that he is a bad player. Just that he in my books isn´t a starter right now and that he should have to wait for he his chances and take them when he gets them, something he hasn´t really done since Cissé came.

He was the main man before Cisse came, scoring for fun, playing a massive part in where we were at the time and where we were when we finished an amazing season but now he should wait for his chance and isn't a starter because we have moved him into a position that doesn't get him on the score sheet as much? ???

Fickle? Short memories? Not sure but it's quite embarrassing.

He was the main man before Cisse came, scoring for fun, playing a massive part in where we were at the time and where we were when we finished an amazing season but now he should wait for his chance and isn't a starter because we have moved him into a position that doesn't get him on the score sheet as much? ???

Fickle? Short memories? Not sure but it's quite embarrassing.

Yes he was. But why always bring that up as an argument till why he should play. The fact is that he hasn´t scored since february against Villa and that we are playing the best football with Cissé at the top alone.

But. The only reason that I wouldn´t sell him is exactly the reason you are giving. That he already has shown how good he is. That he has done that. For example Man Utd at home.

But he is a long way to be performing like that. That´s why I wan´t him to prove himself before he should play. That and that I would like us to play a system with one center forward.