ADO Den Haag 0-0 Newcastle United (FT) 8/4/12

joeyt

Pardew's lack of enthusiam for a 4-3-3 is a bit strange, like.

Back 4

.............Tiote..............

....Jonas...........Vuckic...

Ba.....................Obertan

............Cisse................

Front 3 swapping positions a bit would be a lot more fluid i think going forward. Might actually get Haris into the game too!

We simply dont create enough in a 4-4-2.

And as for Demba, his first touch :(

Indeed. Keeping possession very nicely but it's going nowhere.

Surely a personnel issue though? put Hatem and Cabaye in this system instead of Vuckic and Obertan and i don't see it being a problem.

It would improve the team, but a different formation would improve the team more imo.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, its played out from the back nicely but it just goes like you say nowhere.

My worry is if Pards wants to play this then we take away some of Cabs game, he should be the more advanced of a middle three.......4-4-2 is going to kill that.

Is this 4-4-2 just so Demba doesn't get the hump......its so poor in creativity.

Looks like the Obertan renaissance is happening :frantic:

When? I still find it incredible that he can use his pace to beat a guy, then after he's beaten him suddenly stop to allow the defender to catch back up and dispossess him

Does it every time too. It's because he has absolutely zero football brain. You just can't teach that at all, he can get more confident, improve at certain parts of his game but his head just doesn't move quick enough with what's happening on the pitch. Makes me so angry to see him messing up the simplest of things and not taking advantage of beating a man

Winds me up because he actually has the pace and skills to be a seriously dangerous player imo, but his lack of footballing brain totally negates it all.

Re Mole - I'd take this over commentary almost every time

:thup:

One of the best things about being a season ticket holder. Not having to listen to pundits, 'experts' and commentators.

Listening to most of our fans is much, much worse  :lol:

Agree with this.

Interesting how few pundits/commentators are liked. I think football fans are a very difficult bunch to please en masse. I guess the commentators/pundits have a lot of fans' dream jobs. Even so, you can tell they're not hired on their skills or knowledge.

How, for example, Crooks or Shearer ever got jobs in the media is just staggering and pretty unfair to other people in the industry IMO.

Maybe because they actually played the game.......unlike most journo's

That's only one facet to be taken into consideration when hiring someone for a job as a pundit though. Being voluble, articulate and having presentational flair must come into it at some stage. Don't think you need top-level playing experience either IMO. Matt Smith is alright for example.

Surely a personnel issue though? put Hatem and Cabaye in this system instead of Vuckic and Obertan and i don't see it being a problem.

Was the same story last season even with those 2 in the team.

It's not a flat 4-4-2 though, this is a diamond 4-4-2 ala Milan not quite the same.

Back 4

Front 3 swapping positions a bit would be a lot more fluid i think going forward. Might actually get Haris into the game too!

I agree that Haris needs to get into the game but I think I'd put him behind Cisse. He played brill in that role v West Brom home iirc.

Tiote Jonas

Obertan Vuckic Ba

Cisse

I don't usually slag off our players but I can't believe the praise i'm hearing for Obertan on here from some quarters. They guys got pace and good feet and there it stops. He makes the wrong decision 9 times out of 10.  He just played a short backpass to Raylor cos he'd run out of ideas but the ball put Raylor under immediate pressure and he lost the ball, Obertan just stood and watch as all this happened. Then when he's free of the last defender he fires a ball across the goalmouth without any regard as to wether there was anyone there or not, Cisse was about 10 yars behind the ball. He's never going to make it at this level imo.

As to 4-4-2, it's still not working well. Even with Cabaye and Ben Arfa instead of Vuckic and Obertan I'd have worries about it. And most of all, outside our first choice 13/14 we have little left to offer.

Guest bimpy474

Was the same story last season even with those 2 in the team.

It's not a flat 4-4-2 though, this is a diamond 4-4-2 ala Milan not quite the same.

Diamond my arse, it looks and is being played nothing like that.

It would improve the team, but a different formation would improve the team more imo.

Agreed 4-3-3 is the way to go, but Pardew seems against it for some reason.  :undecided:

Guest andrew

Back 4

I agree that Haris needs to get into the game but I think I'd put him behind Cisse. He played brill in that role v West Brom home iirc.

Tiote Jonas

Obertan Vuckic Ba

Cisse

nah he was next to tiote again against west brom, he wasnt great though. if i remember he had a few good long shots but his all round game was pretty poor and didnt get involved anywhere near enough.

I don't usually slag off our players but I can't believe the praise i'm hearing for Obertan on here from some quarters. They guys got pace and good feet and there it stops. He makes the wrong decision 9 times out of 10.  He just played a short backpass to Raylor cos he'd run out of ideas but the ball put Raylor under immediate pressure and he lost the ball, Obertan just stood and watch as all this happened. Then when he's free of the last defender he fires a ball across the goalmouth without any regard as to wether there was anyone there or not, Cisse was about 10 yars behind the ball. He's never going to make it at this level imo.

As to 4-4-2, it's still not working well. Even with Cabaye and Ben Arfa instead of Vuckic and Obertan I'd have worries about it. And most of all, outside our first choice 13/14 we have little left to offer.

Eh, where was this? :lol:

Guest andrew

meh, this is a decent ball keeping exercise. with ben arfa and/or marveaux who are much more potent we'll be fine :)

Agreed 4-3-3 is the way to go, but Pardew seems against it for some reason.  :undecided:

Pards is trying to play Ba more centrally imo, hence the two up top.

It can't just be because of Ba can it?