Hartlepool United 1 - 5 Newcastle United - 07/08/12 (FT)

durhamunigeordie

we should sign bigrimani, awesome that kid, ripped us a new one about 10 times.

The game was exactly what you'd expect, top class premier team, fast, great passing, good movement, against a league one side, tried there best but fell short, howard looked canny n james tried a bit.

Any one of them fringe players from Newcastle would do, some of their passing and movement was class.

I must admit to enjoying the game.

I can handle watching pools get stuffed when a side plays football of that standard against us. I thought Newcastle were superb. For all people like to slag off the premier league, the gulf in quality was huge.

Seeing the amount of 60 yard passes straight to feet was brilliant. Ive never been to a premier league match so it was a bit of an eye-opener. West Ham and West Brom from a couple of seasons ago were nothing like that.

Ten pound well spent imo.

The ball looked glued to Ben arfas foot at times, amazing trickery.

The 2 wingers were a class above, if they can't even get in the Newcastle side, then it just shows how good first team players like jonas, collicini, cabaye etc really are

Wonder what the comments were after Sunderland?  :lol:

Really don't like appealing for a penalty in a friendly  :undecided:

Maybe bitter memories of some cunt throwing himself to the floor to win a penalty in a Sunday league friendly years back (made Suarez look a likeable chap) but it doesn't seem right to me.

we should sign bigrimani, awesome that kid, ripped us a new one about 10 times.

The game was exactly what you'd expect, top class premier team, fast, great passing, good movement, against a league one side, tried there best but fell short, howard looked canny n james tried a bit.

Any one of them fringe players from Newcastle would do, some of their passing and movement was class.

I can handle watching pools get stuffed when a side plays football of that standard against us. I thought Newcastle were superb. For all people like to slag off the premier league, the gulf in quality was huge.

Seeing the amount of 60 yard passes straight to feet was brilliant. Ive never been to a premier league match so it was a bit of an eye-opener. West Ham and West Brom from a couple of seasons ago were nothing like that.

The ball looked glued to Ben arfas foot at times, amazing trickery.

The 2 wingers were a class above, if they can't even get in the Newcastle side, then it just shows how good first team players like jonas, collicini, cabaye etc really are

"can you smell that aswell ? it'll take more than fabreeze to get rid of that."

So who was actually on the wings and who was in the middle? Was it the 4-2-3-1 that was mentioned by the official feed?

lined up

Harper

Simpson  Williamson      Taylor        Tav

Bigi        Perch

Marveaux            Gosling          Amalfitano

Shola

Guest salmon

we should sign walton, awesome that kid, ripped us a new one about 10 times.

The game was exactly what you'd expect, top class league one team, fast, great passing, good movement, against a prem side looking to survive , tried there best but fell short, catts looked canny n bramble tried a bit.

Any one of them fringe players from Hartleppol would do, some of their passing and movement was class.

I can handle watching sunderland get stuffed when a side plays football of that standard against us. I thought Hartlepool were superb. For all people like to slag off  league one, the gulf in quality was huge.

Seeing the amount of 60 yard passes straight to feet was brilliant. Ive never been to a league one match so it was a bit of an eye-opener. West Ham and West Brom from a couple of seasons ago were nothing like that.

The ball looked glued to howards foot at times, amazing trickery.

The 2 wingers were a class above, if they can't even get in the hartlepool side, then it just shows how good first team players like poole, nish, austin etc really are

Tav done well at left back then?

aye, got forward loads.  Encouraged to shoot quite a bit too but seemed reluctant.  Had one pulled back to him by Obertan second half which probably would have went in but was blocked.

:thup:

Year of the Tav.

forgot to add that the PA bloke thanked Alan Pardew for sending a strong team out and wished us luck for the forthcoming season at the full-time whistle.  Seemed rather pally and in good spirits.  Would seem theres a link between the two clubs.

If we've got anyone we're prepared to send out on loan it would be worth letting them have first dibs.

forgot to add that the PA bloke thanked Alan Pardew for sending a strong team out and wished us luck for the forthcoming season at the full-time whistle.  Seemed rather pally and in good spirits.  Would seem theres a link between the two clubs.

If we've got anyone we're prepared to send out on loan it would be worth letting them have first dibs.

The way it should be anyway, support our local teams when we can.

both us and the mackems have sent kids there and darlo (as was) and many players from both clubs have drifted down that way as they've drifted down the leagues. at various times the monkey hangers have supposed to have sided with us and darlo with the mackems, at other times it's switched.

as for letting kids go there, fair enough if they are in need of experience (olly bernard) but what if they need schooling in a certain style ? can they do it ?