Hartlepool United 1 - 5 Newcastle United - 07/08/12 (FT)

durhamunigeordie

should have said he came on and didn't start.  However he was immediately ripped to shreds.  He did actually have a decent run at Santon at one point.

He was rated higher than Henderson at one stage when he was at the mackems. Just a lazy fuck. He did the skills school thing against him on Soccer Am too.

He's probably still better than the invisible mancunt now.

Guest loven Mag 11

Went last night, was good crack, apart from the pathetic children down the bottom corner near there fans who were more interested in making up shit chants for there fans which included "Theres a pigeon, theres a pigeon, theres a pigeon on your stand"  :idiot2: made worse by the fact it was most clear to see that it was infact a seagull. Clowns  :idiot2:

But ignoring them, Amalfitano is going to be class, he is quite weedy in size and strenght, but his touch, vision, passing style and movement are all cabaye-esque. He can keep the ball in tight situtations, and has an eye for a tricky through ball. He does what only really hatem and cabaye can do, play a pass not even you can see as the spectator, he is going to make it here.

Bigi is basically baby Tiote. He never stops running and moving, he knows where and when to be in certain positions to kill attacks and is quick enough to track back and recover. for 18/19 years of age, i have alot of faith that Chiek can teach him the tricks of being the new midfield destroyer.

I honestly feel Bigi and Amalfitano are our understudies for both Cabaye and Tiote, and tbh, in 3 years time, they could well be replacing them, i have that much confidence in them both.

Marv is just a sexy little genius. I have liked him from when he played Left attacking Mid at Rennes. He showed how he has a keen eye for goal, and has that little bit of something special to pick out a few quality passes. He had a chance to finish his hatrick off beautifully, but when Amalfitano played him in from the centre out to right wing he went for bottom left and was met by a fine save from the pools keeper. I honeslty wish it had gone in as it was great play leading up to it, and would of capped Marvs display last night.

Tav played extremely well at LB, always bombing on, quick, strong and likes to keep it on the deck. Also got high hopes for him too.

All in all, i felt the team played really really well, i know it was only hartlepool, but the way they were passing around, keeping possesion, knocking up to 15 consecutive passes around with a final product at the end of it was great to see. And the fact we are quite clearly trying to play out from the back even more ofter. Harper was always playing it sort, either kicks or throws, and we would build from there, truely good stuff, well done toon  :indi:

Went last night, was good crack, apart from the pathetic children down the bottom corner near there fans who were more interested in making up shit chants for there fans which included "Theres a pigeon, theres a pigeon, theres a pigeon on your stand"  :idiot2: made worse by the fact it was most clear to see that it was infact a seagull. Clowns  :idiot2:

But ignoring them, Amalfitano is going to be class, he is quite weedy in size and strenght, but his touch, vision, passing style and movement are all cabaye-esque. He can keep the ball in tight situtations, and has an eye for a tricky through ball. He does what only really hatem and cabaye can do, play a pass not even you can see as the spectator, he is going to make it here.

Bigi is basically baby Tiote. He never stops running and moving, he knows where and when to be in certain positions to kill attacks and is quick enough to track back and recover. for 18/19 years of age, i have alot of faith that Chiek can teach him the tricks of being the new midfield destroyer.

I honestly feel Bigi and Amalfitano are our understudies for both Cabaye and Tiote, and tbh, in 3 years time, they could well be replacing them, i have that much confidence in them both.

Marv is just a sexy little genius. I have liked him from when he played Left attacking Mid at Rennes. He showed how he has a keen eye for goal, and has that little bit of something special to pick out a few quality passes. He had a chance to finish his hatrick off beautifully, but when Amalfitano played him in from the centre out to right wing he went for bottom left and was met by a fine save from the pools keeper. I honeslty wish it had gone in as it was great play leading up to it, and would of capped Marvs display last night.

Tav played extremely well at LB, always bombing on, quick, strong and likes to keep it on the deck. Also got high hopes for him too.

All in all, i felt the team played really really well, i know it was only hartlepool, but the way they were passing around, keeping possesion, knocking up to 15 consecutive passes around with a final product at the end of it was great to see. And the fact we are quite clearly trying to play out from the back even more ofter. Harper was always playing it sort, either kicks or throws, and we would build from there, truely good stuff, well done toon  :indi:

That's really encouraging.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We've been trying to do so since Chemnitzer, good to see us developing our game. Ball retention is key.

4231, love it.

We are better in this formation, and we should use it more in the PL.

442 against the top sides.

Sounds like a good game, and love to hear how the youngsters are doing.

Marveaux, Bigi, Amafitano & Tav sounds really promising before the season.

should have said he came on and didn't start.  However he was immediately ripped to shreds.  He did actually have a decent run at Santon at one point.

He was rated higher than Henderson at one stage when he was at the mackems. Just a lazy f***. He did the skills school thing against him on Soccer Am too.

He's probably still better than the invisible mancunt now.

My mate's at Hartlepool, says he gets abuse every day from the lads :lol:

I was so impressed by Amalfitano last night. First half him and Marv were swapping wings every 15 mins or so, and both looked comfortable on either side. Second half, Amalfitano looked the fittest out of the lads, didn't stop moving, finding space, winning tackles, putting moves together. Very impressed indeed.

Didn't notice any bother, and definitely didn't hear any anti-Ashley chants. Loads of radgies kicking about though.

Ben Arfa had a couple of class dribbles but overall lost the ball more than anyone on the pitch in the second half. Looked like he was trying too hard to impress.

Bigi, as mentioned previously, looked a class act in the making.

4231, love it.

Thats before you mention Sammy, Vuckic, Abeid, and Ferguson (if he continues like last season). You could also put Santon in that list.

I don't remember the last time we had such promising youngsters.

4231, love it.

Thats before you mention Sammy, Vuckic, Abeid, and Ferguson (if he continues like last season). You could also put Santon in that list.

I don't remember the last time we had such promising youngsters.

Aye. Very exciting times. Must admit that out of those mentioned Vuckic has yet to really impress, though the lad clearly has potential.

Great match last night, thought we were very good, some really good moves and kept the ball well, can't remember one long ball.

Thought the 4 standouts were Bigi, Marv, Tav and Amalfitano. Bigi in particualr looked ready for the first team, played some brilliant passes. All in all really encouraging signs about our younger players, and the way we are trying to keep the ball, and not just hoof it.

Also David Craig tooks some serious abuse from the crowd last night.

Great match last night, thought we were very good, some really good moves and kept the ball well, can't remember one long ball.

Thought the 4 standouts were Bigi, Marv, Tav and Amalfitano. Bigi in particualr looked ready for the first team, played some brilliant passes. All in all really encouraging signs about our younger players, and the way we are trying to keep the ball, and not just hoof it.

David craig took some pounding like, especially from some fat knacker. Took it in his stride tbf

David craig took some pounding like, especially from some fat knacker. Took it in his stride tbf

I was sat a few rows behind the fat guy. Made for a fun night ;D

Aiii it was a laugh like, Looked like a personal vendetta though haha. Positive ryder was up there but he barely raised his head above the wall, good thing too!.

Aiii it was a laugh like, Looked like a personal vendetta though haha. Positive ryder was up there but he barely raised his head above the wall, good thing too!.

Aye im pretty sure i saw Ryder before KO. The best bit was when the fat guy was calling Craig a mackem, Craig politely removed his headphones and said i support Arsenal, at which point the fat guy just stuck his fingers up at him and called him a stupid mackem bast***.