Hartlepool United 1 - 5 Newcastle United - 07/08/12 (FT)

durhamunigeordie

got back about half an hour ago.  Canny little evening out that.  Amalfitano, Tav & Bigi were impressive.  Gosling was a bit frustrating, holds on to the ball too much.

Shola's injury is a bit of a kick in the knackers.  He was in the centre circle holding on to it, almost waiting to draw the foul, which he did, then got injured.  Had he not fannyed on and just knocked it wide I doubt it would have happened.

Didn't see any bother, was in good spirits.  Didn't realise there were two separate entrances for the terraced bit down the front and the seated area.  Ended up in the seats but had to move to the back of the stand 'cos loads of people decided to sit and I wanted to stand.

People who watch Hartlepool canny often - who is the oldish looking fat bloke?  Plays on the right?  He got some stick from our fans like.

We were unstoppable until Shola went off. Lost our direction a bit after that and the game fizzled out a bit.

The new french lad was my MOTM and Shola was as good as I've ever seen him I think.

Good? Ben Arfa?

Good didn't have much to do and Ben Arfa looked massively off the pace. Bigi tried hard. Santon got skinned by Matty Pattison.

Amilfitano was really impressive, looks massively confident on the ball, always wants it. Bigi was good as well, decent passer of the ball.

I didn't see too much trouble, some toilet roll was thrown onto the pitch 2nd half, stayed there for the rest of the match. There were a load of kids infront of me, who I can only presume were part the "The New Batch", giving it the big licks about "gan on the pitch" and trying to goad their fans. I did see some of our fans fighting amongst themselves outside of their minibus.

Guest bimpy474

Only just seen this. Canny :thup:

Anyone go down for the game? If so, any knackers about?

My misses did, and yes she had two big ones brushing her chin

Yours ? :D

Guest bimpy474

Noooooo! I've got a minge

Wooo i like you :D

Amilfitano was really impressive, looks massively confident on the ball, always wants it. Bigi was good as well, decent passer of the ball.

I didn't see too much trouble, some toilet roll was thrown onto the pitch 2nd half, stayed there for the rest of the match. There were a load of kids infront of me, who I can only presume were part the "The New Batch", giving it the big licks about "gan on the pitch" and trying to goad their fans. I did see some of our fans fighting amongst themselves outside of their minibus.

aye, there were definitely potential knackers there, but they just about behaved themselves.

Some f***ing tramps anarl.  Had two blokes stood in front of us, about 50-odd, sweaty looking hair, fat as f***, jogging bottoms on.  They f***ing stank.  Luckily they moved.

Oh, and for whoever it is on here that constantly asks what numbers each new player wears, Good wore 33.

Noooooo! I've got a minge

Wooo i like you :D

Well if I tuck it right it looks like one  :tobey:

I watched Obertan destroy our reserves when he was at Man U once. Absolutely meaningless. I won't believe Obertan can be a player until he performs consistently for over 20 games in a season and actually does the simple things right for once. He will also need to prove he can actually deliver on a creative/technical level instead of wasting opportunities all the time.

He has the most work to do to convince Newcastle fans he has anything to offer

It's on youtube that reserves match where he absolutely pisses all over us. It's quite funny to see him looking like the best player on the pitch, albeit at reserve level. :lol:

The reason he looks so good is there's so much space and he can just use his exceptional pace.

Put him in the PL or a competitive/physical league and he just falters. I was wrong about Guthrie and Perch but I think it would take a monumental improvement for Obertan to come through. Saying that, Perch's problem when he first came into the team was his decision making and he never showed any sign of good technique. Both those things have changed markedly, so it is possible

The reason he looks so good is there's so much space and he can just use his exceptional pace.

Put him in the PL or a competitive/physical league and he just falters. I was wrong about Guthrie and Perch but I think it would take a monumental improvement for Obertan to come through. Saying that, Perch's problem when he first came into the team was his decision making and he never showed any sign of good technique. Both those things have changed markedly, so it is possible

Perch was definitely a second or two the wrong side of good challenge/shocking challenge  but really does look to have made that up now (fingers crossed).

Obertan is very frustrating because he could be very good. He is the new Bramble for me :D

we should sign bigrimani, awesome that kid, ripped us a new one about 10 times.

The game was exactly what you'd expect, top class premier team, fast, great passing, good movement, against a league one side, tried there best but fell short, howard looked canny n james tried a bit.

Any one of them fringe players from Newcastle would do, some of their passing and movement was class.

I must admit to enjoying the game.

I can handle watching pools get stuffed when a side plays football of that standard against us. I thought Newcastle were superb. For all people like to slag off the premier league, the gulf in quality was huge.

Seeing the amount of 60 yard passes straight to feet was brilliant. Ive never been to a premier league match so it was a bit of an eye-opener. West Ham and West Brom from a couple of seasons ago were nothing like that.

Ten pound well spent imo.

The ball looked glued to Ben arfas foot at times, amazing trickery.

The 2 wingers were a class above, if they can't even get in the Newcastle side, then it just shows how good first team players like jonas, collicini, cabaye etc really are

we should sign bigrimani, awesome that kid, ripped us a new one about 10 times.

The game was exactly what you'd expect, top class premier team, fast, great passing, good movement, against a league one side, tried there best but fell short, howard looked canny n james tried a bit.

Any one of them fringe players from Newcastle would do, some of their passing and movement was class.

I must admit to enjoying the game.

I can handle watching pools get stuffed when a side plays football of that standard against us. I thought Newcastle were superb. For all people like to slag off the premier league, the gulf in quality was huge.

Seeing the amount of 60 yard passes straight to feet was brilliant. Ive never been to a premier league match so it was a bit of an eye-opener. West Ham and West Brom from a couple of seasons ago were nothing like that.

Ten pound well spent imo.

The ball looked glued to Ben arfas foot at times, amazing trickery.

The 2 wingers were a class above, if they can't even get in the Newcastle side, then it just shows how good first team players like jonas, collicini, cabaye etc really are

:smugdog:

Guest salmon

Are goals being shown on SSN?

They were shown about an hour ago, haven't seen them since like.

Goals are on YouTube, if you search for TaylorPayne's channel.

This