Alan Pardew

Dave

He needs to look at him self long and hard in the mirror. His tactics isn´t working and hasn´t for the whole season. That includes formation an style of play.

The whole season that 3 games old.

Its an average start, i remember last season when we went through a rough patch, peope started taking about maybe sacking him and looking at a new manager.  We then went on a massive unbeaten run.

Its early days yet.

I hope the few who are slagging him off aren't the ones who get pissed off when Newcastle fans get called deluded. We are 3 games and 4 points into a season where some have had little pre-season, we have played a team who finished 4th and a team who finished 6th then spent £100m whilst also playing games a few days apart.

Obviously there are some aspects where we could have done a lot better and people are perfectly right to point this out but to call the bloke who got us our best points total in how many years last season a twat or whatever really makes you look like an ungrateful, kneejerking tit.

I hope the few who are slagging him off aren't the ones who get pissed off when Newcastle fans get called deluded. We are 3 games and 4 points into a season where some have had little pre-season, we have played a team who finished 4th and a team who finished 6th then spent £100m whilst also playing games a few days apart.

Obviously there are some aspects where we could have done a lot better and people are perfectly right to point this out but to call the bloke who got us our best points total in how many years last season a twat or whatever really makes you look like an ungrateful, kneejerking tit.

Pathetic if people are doing that like.

I think he'll make the needed changes now, losing to chelsea away can be put down to them being a better team, and Spurs poor performance very early doors. He should be watching the performances again during international break and working out how to fix it.

Guest palnese

i'm very grateful of the job he's done, but you'd expect more against a mediocre villa side.

i've literally no idea what he was doing or trying to do today.

i just hope the tactics are not based on keeping ba happy.

The fact the board didn't back Pards when he needed to squad strengthen will ultimately dictate as and where we finish this season.

Pity really because looking at the usual top 4 suspects , with a bit of depth and quality we could have really got amongst that top 4. The fact we didn't invest, has left our squad thin and dare I say it, a bit flat also. No competition for places breeds complacency.

Pardew has a far tougher job this season, imo.

I hope the few who are slagging him off aren't the ones who get pissed off when Newcastle fans get called deluded. We are 3 games and 4 points into a season where some have had little pre-season and we have played a team who finished 4th and a team who finished 6th then spent £100m whilst also playing games a few days apart.

Obviously there are some aspects where we could have done a lot better and people are perfectly happy to point this out but to call the bloke who got us our best points total in how many years last season a twat or whatever really makes you look like an ungrateful, kneejerking tit.

No, it's just that I don't rate (or in your case, love) the board/manager THAT much after just one good season. There's still important question marks hanging over their abilities imo, whether that's tactically, strategically (transfer wise) or whatever else.

Stop getting all girl and defensive at slightest hint of criticism. Last season was great, but if you think all of the sudden Pardew and the board has been become unquestionable, then your need head tested.

I hope the few who are slagging him off aren't the ones who get p*ssed off when Newcastle fans get called deluded. We are 3 games and 4 points into a season where some have had little pre-season and we have played a team who finished 4th and a team who finished 6th then spent £100m whilst also playing games a few days apart.

Obviously there are some aspects where we could have done a lot better and people are perfectly happy to point this out but to call the bloke who got us our best points total in how many years last season a t*** or whatever really makes you look like an ungrateful, kneejerking tit.

No, it's just that I don't rate (or in your case, love) the board/manager THAT much after just one good season. There's still important question marks hanging over their abilities imo, whether that's tactically, strategically (transfer wise) or whatever else.

Stop getting all girl and defensive at slightest hint of criticism. Last season was great, but if you think all of the sudden Pardew and the board has been become unquestionable, then your need head tested.

I dont think Cajun is saying they are unquestionable, just we are only three games into a season.

Yeah, we've got problems by the looks of it but lets see how it spans out with more time.

I hope the few who are slagging him off aren't the ones who get p*ssed off when Newcastle fans get called deluded. We are 3 games and 4 points into a season where some have had little pre-season and we have played a team who finished 4th and a team who finished 6th then spent £100m whilst also playing games a few days apart.

Obviously there are some aspects where we could have done a lot better and people are perfectly happy to point this out but to call the bloke who got us our best points total in how many years last season a t*** or whatever really makes you look like an ungrateful, kneejerking tit.

I dont think Cajun is saying they are unquestionable, just we are only three games into a season.

Yeah, we've got problems by the looks of it but lets see how it spans out with more time.

Five games. Two unconvincing games against a shit side as well.

Just not been happy with Pardew's negativity recently. The needlessly constant "warnings" that he's giving out to fans about having to sell, saying Ba's and Cisse's form hasn't been great (perhaps the later), player's heads been turned, we should be happy with 8th, etc.

Our first halves in the 3 PL games have all been wasted by over cautiousness and crap play. Complete waste. (And no, I don't want a gung-ho approach, just a bit more balance.) 

I agree and appreciate your point though. It is still early days, but it's still frustrating to watch nonetheless.

We don't have the delivery to play 4-4-2.

Absolutely correct, our play in 4-4-2 is based on getting it wide and getting a cross in but we don't have a consistent crosser of the ball in the team. Add to that the fact that we've got two right footers on the left and only HBA on the right and it just isn't working.

I'm really worried that Pardew isn't addressing any of the issues that we had last season, it was glaringly obvious that we needed more attacking cohesion and to stop relying on wonder goals or strikers feeding off scraps. We were uninspiring going forward today at the least.

The result isn't the end of the world but the performance needs to be much, much better.

If Ben Arfa wasn't stuck out on the wing in a rigid 4-3-3 he would have scored that :imacunt:

Dooooooon't worry, dooooooooon't worry, players will be coming soon. No problem........  nooooooooooooo problem.

http://toryardvaark.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/comical_ali.jpg%3Fw%3D604

:lol:

What did you think about our formation and tactics today?

I hope the few who are slagging him off aren't the ones who get p*ssed off when Newcastle fans get called deluded. We are 3 games and 4 points into a season where some have had little pre-season, we have played a team who finished 4th and a team who finished 6th then spent £100m whilst also playing games a few days apart.

Obviously there are some aspects where we could have done a lot better and people are perfectly right to point this out but to call the bloke who got us our best points total in how many years last season a t*** or whatever really makes you look like an ungrateful, kneejerking tit.

totally agree, idiots slagging pardew need to take their head for a check

We only played 442 for the first 20 mins to be honest. The rest was a mixture of 433 and 4312.

Didn't see too much hoofing as well. A lot of the time we actually seemed to over play it.

we played mostly 4312 which is not a million miles away from a 442, thus keeping the same front 2 upfront which most of us know it isnt really working, it doesnt work for senegal it doesnt work for us.

Five games. Two unconvincing games against a s*** side as well.

Just not been happy with Pardew's negativity recently. The needlessly constant "warnings" that he's giving out to fans about having to sell, saying Ba's and Cisse's form hasn't been great (perhaps the later), player's heads been turned, we should be happy with 8th, etc.

Our first halves in the 3 PL games have all been wasted by over cautiousness and crap play. Complete waste. (And no, I don't want a gung-ho approach, just a bit more balance.) 

I agree and appreciate your point though. It is still early days, but it's still frustrating to watch nonetheless.

Im just as frustrated like everyone else, and was nearl nutting the tv during the game.

442 for 20 mins, and fairly minimal hoofing (apart from a desperate last 10 mins).

Overalls I dont actually think it was the system or the style of play that last us the game, it was 5 of our 11 players having very poor days.

It started off as 4-4-2 then we lost all of our shape and it looked like like a case of every man for himself, the formation will not work with the players we've got and sticking to it is costing us.  We didn't make a tactical change after 20 minutes, we went to pieces.

No offence, but your wrong :lol:

We 100% moved to 433 after they scored, and then moved to 4312 before half time. You could see Pardew shouting the instructions out when Simpson went down injured.

I'm not wrong, in more ways than you meant.