Alan Pardew

Dave

This marks the point that I've done a complete 180 on him, I used to say he'd be more viciously hated than Souness and now if he asked me for a rollie I'd give him all of my baccy, skins and filters and tell him to knock himself out.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Pardew knows what's up, as nice as it would be to get CL football a top eight finish with the schedule and resources we have would be a lovely season.

"I think we are realistic about where we think we are," Pardew said. "I think we are in that group with Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool. But whether we can reach the dizzy heights of Man City, Man United, Chelsea … where they are now … it's going to be tough. But you've got to believe you can.

"The only time I hear the word 'expectations' from Newcastle fans is from journalists from the Midlands and London. But up north, they know. We will continue hopefully to excel this year and get a top- eight finish. Top five would be a great achievement."

Class, Pards. :smitten:

This marks the point that I've done a complete 180 on him, I used to say he'd be more viciously hated than Souness and now if he asked me for a rollie I'd give him all of my baccy, skins and filters and tell him to knock himself out.

:thup:

I'm pretty satisfied with the transfer window but I have to say I find the Champions League talk baffling given the lack of investment. Is he trying to set himself to make the point at the end of the season?

Desperately trying to make the point now IMO.

That's cool. Now kindly SHUT THE FUCK UP about it, cos everyone's still here. :thup:  Honestly, at times you'd have thought he was giving off little soundbites to actually encourage bids. That's obviously not his intention, but he makes it look like it at times - by the sheer amount he goes on about players leaving.

He needs to learn when to just shut the fuck up. Got no problem with him thinking it or dealing with it in-house but to come out with quotes like that just stoke the fires.

Just play it with a flat bat ffs.