Alan Pardew

Dave

“There has been this talk because, in my view, the fans have had some time on their hands."

This was the best bit.

"You fans are fucking stupid when you've had time to think and reflect on things" :lol:

To be fair to him, I think he means the international break. But still..... :lol:

:lol:

He was talking all summer about getting 2 or 3 first team players in, we got 1.  Of course people are annoyed.  We also lost some useful players.

Exactly. Does he genuinely expect us to roll over and be "thankful"?

Bit tired of this "I'm not going to slate my boss in the media" attitude from Pardew. 

He can say what he likes about Ashley tbh. Bum him to the moon and back for all I care.

It's when he starts telling us what we should think about Ashley that pisses me off :lol:

You do realise that you're basically proving his point?

Nothing is being said that hasn't been said when we were playing, we didn't do enough in the window and we don't need an international break to see that.

Fair enough, we didn't bring many in during the summer, but it is a bit of a freak bout of injuries at the same time, in the same area of the pitch, we're having to contend with here. There's not many proven defenders would come here to sit on the bench, as they may have been expected to do had everyone remained fit.

You do realise that you're basically proving his point?

Nothing is being said that hasn't been said when we were playing, we didn't do enough in the window and we don't need an international break to see that.

No, we don't.  But with (relatively speaking) nothing else to do in such a break it does provide time for the negative vibes associated with it to fester and grow.  Don't see how that's a contentious statement, or even a charitable interpretation of his statement. 

Of course he won't slag him off to the media. Remember the Keegan fiasco when he said we couldn't compete with Chelsea and that we needed to realise that? He got summoned to London

No, we don't.  But with (relatively speaking) nothing else to do in such a break it does provide time for the negative vibes associated with it to fester and grow.  Don't see how that's a contentious statement, or even a charitable interpretation of his statement. 

I haven't seen an increase in the debate about our transfer window over the last couple of weeks and if it has increased it will be down to the injuries picked up in that time rather than people having more time to dwell.

Since our last game we've lost Coloccini and Krul.

Of course he won't slag him off to the media. Remember the Keegan fiasco when he said we couldn't compete with Chelsea and that we needed to realise that? He got summoned to London

Funny really, because all Pardew does is tells us how we can't compete. :lol:

He was talking all summer about getting 2 or 3 first team players in, we got 1.  Of course people are annoyed.  We also lost some useful players.

Seeing as our recent long term improvement completely outweighs that of not signing a few backup players, id imagine he does expect people to be thankful for that yeah. I am. I really enjoyed last season myself, dunno about you. Its almost as if hes actually suggesting people stay positive? Weird.

"“I do think they tend to lean on the negative rather than the positive.

And if it were leaning on the positive? Oh yes, of course, we then we'd be told to watch our expectations.

It seems Pardew has been reading N-O for the last month or so :cheesy:

All teams have injuries, and our squad is still a lot better than it's been in a long time. Krul and Colo are obviously a big miss, but we have enough good players to be playing a lot better than we have so far this season. That's my concern. Hopefully we'll see a bit more cohesion tomorrow night. Playing away from home might actually suit us better with the way we have set up so far in prem games this season.

Seeing as our recent long term improvement completely outweighs that of not signing a few backup players, id imagine he does expect people to be thankful for that yeah. I am. I really enjoyed last season myself, dunno about you. Its almost as if hes actually suggesting people stay positive? Weird.

We're more positive than they are. Most of us were hoping that a few good signings would push us into 4th. They're clearly hoping for a top 6/8 finish.

Guest neesy111

In that interview, Pardew doesn't really say we should be grateful to Ashley, he says we should be thankful for what we've got.

How the fuck should we be grateful for what we have, we are still in profit over transfers in the last 3 years.  For a club that is getting close to 50k a game, then we should be expecting money the club generates in transfers every season tbh.

It's completely unsatisfactory to gauge a transfer window successful on the basis that we didn't sell anyone major. It just doesn't wash. I understand Pardew's delicate position but that interview is prize guff. The window was pretty much a wash out and I'd like to hear his thoughts at the end if the season which will very likely see us regress rather than push on.

Guest neesy111

It's completely unsatisfactory to gauge a transfer window successful on the basis that we didn't sell anyone major. It just doesn't wash. I understand Pardew's delicate position but that interview is prize guff. The window was pretty much a wash out and I'd like to hear his thoughts at the end if the season which will very likely see us regress rather than push on.

:thup:

Good job he said that then. I was literally about to go and chuck myself off the Tyne Bridge. Phew.