Alan Pardew

Dave

The performances under Allardyce man. :lol:

Felt a bit sorry for Roeder as he took the gig as he was cheap in the dying days of the Shepherd era, we were pretty sterile for his full season and a far duller and pedestrian side than we are today.

There's justified criticism and then there's (no doubt drink fuelled) OTT nonsense.

Hate how he's just accepted Colo's ban on TV as well means we have no chance of appealing or trying to reduce it now.

It's sensible, we'd have no chance of appealing. Yes there's little contact but once the foot is that high and studs are showing then you've no chance of an overturn. No point risking an additional ban.

Guest Howaythetoon

Felt a bit sorry for Roeder as he took the gig as he was cheap in the dying days of the Shepherd era, we were pretty sterile for his full season and a far duller and pedestrian side than we are today.

There's justified criticism and then there's (no doubt drink fuelled) OTT nonsense.

We have far better players today than we had back then, yet we are the same TYPE of negative, cautious, percentages type of footballing side we were under Big Sam.

Guest Dontooner

Aye , the frustrated brothers and sisters, lets just accept we are a defensive 1st team, Pardew going to here for a very long time. We are picking up points so no fear of relegation ,we just play a very defensive style that is not pleasing on the eyes.

Just face it, things ain't going to change anytime soon. Our performances are awful in some games and yet we still pick up points so credit to Pardew for making us a team hard to beat.

Only have to change minor details to make the same argument for Sunderland tbf.

The parallels are crazy, the big difference is that we have better players who can change games and they don't.

He trys to pull out if though. Now for the next three PL games we're playing long ball with Cabaye sitting deep doing nothing and four four fucking two. I'm sick of this season so far it's been shit. Awful football, no signings that could improve side and negative tactics that pander to one players needs who's probably going to fuck off in January to a shit club that we couldn't even beat.

We have far better players today than we had back then, yet we are the same TYPE of negative, cautious, percentages type of footballing side we were under Big Sam.

Not going to argue if we play worse or better now than under Allardyce. But tbh. What is the big different?

He trys to pull out if though. Now for the next three PL games we're playing long ball with Cabaye sitting deep doing nothing and four four f***ing two. I'm sick of this season so far it's been s***. Awful football, no signings that could improve side and negative tactics that pander to one players needs who's probably going to f*** off in January to a s*** club that we couldn't even beat.

We are just having an avergae season so far, still plenty to player for.

Only have to change minor details to make the same argument for Sunderland tbf.

The parallels are crazy, the big difference is that we have better players who can change games and they don't.

... we're absolutely fuckloads better than Sunderland, as evidenced by the fact we were better than them on their own turf (again), and are well ahead of them in the league.

:rolleyes: I've rarely been impressed with us this year, but we're fucking miles ahead of the Mackems, man. Their team is full of shite and their manager has lost the plot. Their results and position is a evidence of this.

... we're absolutely fuckloads better than Sunderland, as evidenced by the fact we were better than them on their own turf (again), and are well ahead of them in the league.

:rolleyes: I've rarely been impressed with us this year, but we're f***ing miles ahead of the Mackems, man. Their team is full of s**** and their manager has lost the plot. Their results and position is a evidence of this.

We play the same type of game as them and like them are happy to get a goal and try to defend it.

Haven't read anything that has been stated today but personally I thought we were excellent today. Liverpool were always going to dominate the opening 10 or 15 because of the Stevie G trophy and home advantage etc, but after that I was very impressed with us and it was as good a performance as we've posted this season, certainly away from home and probably overall, with maybe the exception of the Bordeaux game.

Guest neesy111

:rolleyes: I've rarely been impressed with us this year, but we're f***ing miles ahead of the Mackems, man. Their team is full of s**** and their manager has lost the plot. Their results and position is a evidence of this.

We play the same type of game as them and like them are happy to get a goal and try to defend it.

Yeah, I can't believe people haven't spotted how negative we were at the start of the 2nd half was clear to see we were trying to defend the 1-0 lead.

He trys to pull out if though. Now for the next three PL games we're playing long ball with Cabaye sitting deep doing nothing and four four f***ing two. I'm sick of this season so far it's been s***. Awful football, no signings that could improve side and negative tactics that pander to one players needs who's probably going to f*** off in January to a s*** club that we couldn't even beat.

We are just having an avergae season so far, still plenty to player for.

When is it going to change though? when are we going to start playing in a way that gets the best out of our assets? After taking leads before half time when are we going to stop trying to shut up shop? When is Cisse going to stop being played out wide? When is Ben Arfa going to stop receiving the ball in our half and being too knackered to do anything with it once he gets to the opposition box? I'm not saying I want Pardew out as that would be fucking idiotic but a hell of a lot of things need to be addressed before we're even going to start looking like improving.

Whatever, i couldn't give a s*** either way really. I don't care about the Mackems, they're horseshit and we'll finish miles ahead of them again.

We will finish miles ahead of them, because we've got better players, our game plan is the same.

It's a decent result but it has to be said that coming out to defend the lead was as predictable as it was against West Brom last week, and it took about as long for them to score.

It's a tactic that is constantly infuriating.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd wager with the same set of players that MON would have his mackem side level or higher than we are, although no doubt playing just as poor as they are playing now.

In many ways, I can see us looking back on Pardew's time here as similar to how the likes of Brummie look back on MON at Villa, top 6 finishes and European football but dross football in the main. Only we won't be left with an over the hill aging squad having wasted millions etc. Miainly because of all the money we will have made from the sale of all our top players who decided the neck ache just wasn't worth it...

Mind

I'd wager with the same set of players that MON would have his mackem side level or higher than we are, although no doubt playing just as poor as they are playing now.

In many ways, I can see us looking back on Pardew's time here as similar to how the likes of Brummie look back on MON at Villa, top 6 finishes and European football but dross football in the main. Only we won't be left with an over the hill aging squad having wasted millions etc. Miainly because of all the money we will have made from the sale of all our top players who decided the neck ache just wasn't worth it...

Mind

ATB agrees with everything you say, so fair play you must be on to something.