Alan Pardew

Dave

Four points up on last season over the last two games.

Pards starting to show his "Manager of the Year" class again.

:jesuswept:

Hard facts AND a hint of sarcasm.

OK, hard facts.  We've got 14 points and are sitting in 10th place after 10 games, last season after 10 games we had 22 points and were 3rd in the league.

We hadn't played the best 2 teams in the league at that point, either.

We haven't over the last 2 games either.

And we've got 4 points where last season we had 0. You can't have it both ways.

The criticisms being levelled at Pardew on here regarding moments of magic from quality players getting them by, could equally apply to Di Matteo, Mancini, Wenger & Villas Boas this season from the likes of Hazard, Cazorla & Defoe (goalscoring anyway).

:thup: None of them have been very impressive it's what this stage of the season is all about staying with the pack and put a run together in the new year.

Fergie has won countless trophies doing exactly that.

Guest Howaythetoon

No matter how you look at today: we played the 4-3-3 we've all been craving and got our first points at Anfield in f***ing ages. It went well, all the negative posters can suck my dick.

Too simplistic a view and very small minded.

We said the same s*** about Souness when we were beating Southampton away FFS.

Credit to Pardew for playing 4-3-3 and picking arguably the right players but all that good work was undone by his negative tactics and  game plan. Instead of celebrating a point (big f***ing deal), we could have been celebrating a win, a good win, a win that could have done wonders for our season. Instead the players will continue to feel frustrated and hamstring by the tactics and gameplan and no doubt the formation net time which will probably go back to 4-4-2.

:lol: what a load of s***, at least you didn't write ten pages of it as usual though.

You might well have said that about a win away at Southampton, but I'm talking about us playing away at Liverpool; a fixture where we've routinely capitulated and played like a bunch of wankers. Today we performed excellently, particularly in defence, and came away with a very well earned point. Winning the game would have been fantastic but I personally have no issue with Pardew's selections or subs today whatsoever.

I'm proud of the lads and I'm pleased Pardew chose the team that he did, particularly selecting Anita at RB and dropping Simpson. If you're going to be negative about what happened today then f*** me, you might as well get yourself a length of rope now and end it all, you utter bore.

We didn't 'perform' excellently. We defended excellently but then when that is your sole task its a lot easier. You are obviously happy and good on you and while I'm happy with a point I'm not happy with our performance, tactics, gameplan etc.

No matter how you look at today: we played the 4-3-3 we've all been craving and got our first points at Anfield in f***ing ages. It went well, all the negative posters can suck my dick.

We said the same shit about Souness when we were beating Southampton away FFS.

Credit to Pardew for playing 4-3-3 and picking arguably the right players but all that good work was undone by his negative tactics and  game plan. Instead of celebrating a point (big fucking deal), we could have been celebrating a win, a good win, a win that could have done wonders for our season. Instead the players will continue to feel frustrated and hamstring by the tactics and gameplan and no doubt the formation net time which will probably go back to 4-4-2.

:lol: what a load of shit, at least you didn't write ten pages of it as usual though.

You might well have said that about a win away at Southampton, but I'm talking about us playing away at Liverpool; a fixture where we've routinely capitulated and played like a bunch of wankers. Today we performed excellently, particularly in defence, and came away with a very well earned point. Winning the game would have been fantastic but I personally have no issue with Pardew's selections or subs today whatsoever.

I'm proud of the lads and I'm pleased Pardew chose the team that he did, particularly selecting Anita at RB and dropping Simpson. If you're going to be negative about what happened today then fuck me, you might as well get yourself a length of rope now and end it all, you utter bore.

We were much better after Simpson came on tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

The criticisms being levelled at Pardew on here regarding moments of magic from quality players getting them by, could equally apply to Di Matteo, Mancini, Wenger & Villas Boas this season from the likes of Hazard, Cazorla & Defoe (goalscoring anyway). Two of those are clubs I think we'll be close to come May again. Only really Moyes and Everton from the teams around us are performing as they should be.

You are joking right? :lol:

Those sides can at least string a few passes together. We will finish nowhere near those sides, mid-table is where we will finish playing the turgid shit we do.

Today reminded me a bit of the game at Man Utd last season. We had only a handful of chances, took one and defended well enough to earn a point despite a red card.

Both were good points at grounds we typically get nothing at.

The chronic OTT criticism on here tonight is exactly the sort of stick that other fans beat us with.

Credit to Pardew for playing 4-3-3 and picking arguably the right players but all that good work was undone by his negative tactics and  game plan. Instead of celebrating a point (big fucking deal), we could have been celebrating a win, a good win, a win that could have done wonders for our season. Instead the players will continue to feel frustrated and hamstring by the tactics and gameplan and no doubt the formation net time which will probably go back to 4-4-2.

:lol: what a load of shit, at least you didn't write ten pages of it as usual though.

I'm proud of the lads and I'm pleased Pardew chose the team that he did, particularly selecting Anita at RB and dropping Simpson. If you're going to be negative about what happened today then fuck me, you might as well get yourself a length of rope now and end it all, you utter bore.

Whilst I thought Simpson did alright today, I think that was more to do with us weathering the initial storm from Liverpool who had their tails up during the opening exchanges. I will admit Anita did well in midfield, but I thought he was doing fine at RB apart from that initial free-kick he gave away early doors. :thup:

Whilst I thought Simpson did alright today, I think that was more to do with us weathering the initial storm from Liverpool who had their tails up during the opening exchanges. I will admit Anita did well in midfield, but I thought he was doing fine at RB apart from that initial free-kick he gave away early doors. :thup:

I don't really understand his tendency to play Simpson against poor sides and drop him against teams with decent wide players. It should be the other way on because he's a poor footballer but a good defender.

Today reminded me a bit of the game at Man Utd last season. We had only a handful of chances, took one and defended well enough to earn a point despite a red card.

Both were good points at grounds we typically get nothing at.

The chronic OTT criticism on here tonight is exactly the sort of stick that other fans beat us with.

The current Liverpool are light years behind Man United to be fair. We got a legitimate lead in this match and gave it up after coming out very negatively, a common theme this season. I think nearly everyone would have taken a point before the game because of our record there, but they're really not that good at all and showed it. After getting our noses in front we passed them the initiative which is worthy of criticism/discussion IMO.

And we've got 4 points where last season we had 0. You can't have it both ways.

I'm not having it both ways, we can't look at two games and think our season has turned.  We've got a point today against Liverpool and I'm OK with that.  Getting away from our historic record, we've probably played against the worst Liverpool team that I've seen for close to two decades.

I don't think our negativity was as clear-cut as it was against West Brom. They came out all guns blazing and we had to defend, it was as simple as that. We were getting a hold of it when we shot ourselves in the foot and allowed them to equalise.

You've got a cheek. :laugh:

I've made a rule that I don't come on here pissed anymore after a game. :lol: Others could do well to act likewise.

No matter how you look at today: we played the 4-3-3 we've all been craving and got our first points at Anfield in fucking ages. It went well, all the negative posters can suck my dick.

General irritating things aside (red card/bullshit officials, maybe could've pushed for the win, Cisse was shit) - i tend to agree. It's a decent point and we played well.

Just like the macums game if we'd managed to keep the starting XI on and been able to make substitutions by choice, we'd have won today.

There are  a few on here who have made up their minds that Pardew is to blame for everything (including such failures as away draws against Liverpool) but more even minded supporters, though not enjoying performances, realise there is nothing he can do when fate deals him such a rough hand.

I don't think our negativity was as clear-cut as it was against West Brom. They came out all guns blazing and we had to defend, it was as simple as that. We were getting a hold of it when we shot ourselves in the foot and allowed them to equalise.

It's the intent which pisses me off. They were vulnerable and when the half time whistle went we were on the up. But when they scored, not one person was surprised. That's a very worrying trend, no matter the opposition.

They're fucking shite like, we didn't need to attack them in the second half, just keep the ball and take the sting out of the game. Our ball retention is abysmal.

For the whole of the second half we were clearing it long and the deepest Liverpool player was winning it under no challenge on halfway. They didn't pin us back, we did it for them.

It's the intent which pisses me off. They were vulnerable and when the half time whistle went we were on the up. But when they scored, not one person was surprised. That's a very worrying trend, no matter the opposition.

That's a fair point. At HT the game was just as likely to finish 0-2 as it was 1-1. There's been a problem with the underlying mentality within the squad, since the season began. I have, and will continue, to chastise Pardew for that. Ever since we narrowly missed out on the Champions League (City 0-2 game), there appears to be a lack of belief that we're actually good enough, starting with the half-arsed performance at Goodison Park. We need to eradicate that, because we do have a First XI that's good enough to fight for the CL spots.

Just like the macums game if we'd managed to keep the starting XI on and been able to make substitutions by choice, we'd have won today.

There are  a few on here who have made up their minds that Pardew is to blame for everything (including such failures as away draws against Liverpool) but more even minded supporters, though not enjoying performances, realise there is nothing he can do when fate deals him such a rough hand.

:lol:  When fate deals him such a rough hand.  Fate had nothing to do with anything today, everything happened for a reason and it was all within our control.

Great goal took the 3 pounts from us. I honestly didn't think they looked like scoring unless Suarez pulled something out of the hat...which he did!

Thought Anita played well, cabaye was a monster as per usual and Saylor put in a great shift. Still not convinced by both Ba and cisse playing together...

That's a fair point. At HT the game was just as likely to finish 0-2 as it was 1-1. There's been a problem with the underlying mentality within the squad, since the season began. I have, and will continue, to chastise Pardew for that. Ever since we narrowly missed out on the Champions League (City 0-2 game), there appears to be a lack of belief that we're actually good enough, starting with the half-arsed performance at Goodison Park. We need to eradicate that, because we do have a First XI that's good enough to fight for the CL spots.

I'd probably knock that down to European spots generally (think the squad is too lacking in depth compared to our rivals), but otherwise totally agree. :thup:

I'd not label Pardew a "coward" at all. He's certainly afraid of something at the moment. Perhaps he sees in training that our top players aren't in top form, and has prioritized defence. This strategy is what set the ground work for the 5th place finish last season. Having said that, without having the balls to unleash the 433 in the 2nd half of last season, we would have finished nowhere near 5th. Maybe he's trying to replicate last season by getting us to a safe distance from the bottom by the end of the Jan transfer window, then giving it a go?

Sometimes it's difficult to remember that managers do actually have to manage the entire season and not just game by game, especially with a squad as thin as ours.