Alan Pardew

Dave

If Colo wanted to move because of Pardew there would be a line of clubs looking to take him, he wouldnt be going back to a skint club in Argentina.

If were getting results anything like last season I think players would be less likely to be homesick. It might not be the main reason, but it has to be a factor.

But then that's putting the results all down to Pardew which they aren't. Colo as club captain should be looking at the players around him who haven't been performing and trying to get the best out of them.

But then that's putting the results all down to Pardew which they aren't. Colo as club captain should be looking at the players around him who haven't been performing and trying to get the best out of them.

Well I do put the results down to Pardew. Players can only play according to their ability. You could stick Yohane Cabaye up front and ask him to try 100% to win aerial battles with Hangelaand, he's not going to be able to do it. Pardew has us playing wrong football. It's just WRONG.

I'm happy to keep this Colo business separate from my criticism of Pardew as a manager for now like.

I'm not. While I think Colo is bang out of order in asking for a move after penning a new deal, it's hardly a surprise players are getting disillusioned with our haphazard playing style and results. Ben Arfa will be next unless things change sooner rather than later.

All we 'know' is that Colo wants to leave for personal reasons. There are plenty enough things to criticise Pardew for without automatically assuming this has something to do with him as well.

Yeah and some of the players have clearly not been playing to their ability. We've had to play a kid who was a bit part player in a relegated Championship team last season, 4 or 5 of our 'better' players have all been out at the same time for a large number of games. We have a small squad and massively out performed where we should have been last season, we shouldn't be in the bottom 5 this season either but neither should we be in the top 5.

If Colo wanted to move because of Pardew there would be a line of clubs looking to take him, he wouldnt be going back to a skint club in Argentina.

If were getting results anything like last season I think players would be less likely to be homesick. It might not be the main reason, but it has to be a factor.

Nothing like getting a move from a struggling PL team to a skint struggling Argentine team. Makes perfect sense. Lets sharpen the pitchforks!

Its raining today, I bet its Pardew's fault. The weather isn't happy with the way we're playing so its pissing in protest over Pardew.

:thup:

Haven't read any of the last few pages but it must boil down to personal issues at home for Colo. Homesick, issues with the wife, whatever. The quotes from Pardew after the QPR game seemed to indicate that he was having a hard time focusing. Don't think Pardew is to blame for this one.

So he's leaving as he does not fancy a relegation scrap and hates the manager, whilst on the biggest contract at the club?

Absolute nonsense.

Guest icemanblue

There you go again. You're a naughty little bugger, like.

Nothing like getting a move from a struggling PL team to a skint struggling Argentine team. Makes perfect sense. Lets sharpen the pitchforks!

Its raining today, I bet its Pardew's fault. The weather isn't happy with the way we're playing so its pissing in protest over Pardew.

I knew it!

Guest neesy111

Shouldn't have to deal with the Colo stuff considering the crisis we were already in.

The board really have to back him now in the transfer market or there's a very serious risk we will go down.

:thup:

Haven't read any of the last few pages but it must boil down to personal issues at home for Colo. Homesick, issues with the wife, whatever. The quotes from Pardew after the QPR game seemed to indicate that he was having a hard time focusing. Don't think Pardew is to blame for this one.

Bang on. Looks like he's got some serious issues with his personal life, looking at how quickly he wants to leave England (almost as if he's had a run in with a mafia or a fling with a local waitress), and his representatives said he's leaving due to "personal matters." That's the only explanation for the swiftness of this decision to leave, the timing, and more importantly, to his old club where he can be close to his father.

I think Pardew is a fairly good manager. The look on face during the matches reminds me of Fernando Torres or even Cisse at times this season. What he did to bring himself to the position of a Premiership manager and what he did successfully last season isn't working anymore. Frankly, he looks lost like a man who is bereft of confidence. With players, you persist with them, but when managers have unacceptable results that are replaced. I like Pardew, but I believe the time has come for us to move on unfortunately.

This Colo news is going to make Pards job even more difficult. In times like, where the team lacks confidence, these the manager needs its best players and Captain to lead by example and show authority. I bet the players feel as gutted as we do, and i don't know if Pards is up to the job of motivating the team, tbh i don't think any manager would find it easy. This season man  :anguish: