Alan Pardew

Dave

Philippe Montanier, French, good football and would be cheap.

Extending their foreign love-in to managers as well as players would be awesome. Purely so I can follow in blind hope as I wouldn't know just how well/shit he's done in the past.

Okay the 'can't do worse' crew ;)

Ask QPR fans what they think of Hughes and the football that was played under him. This being a QPR side that probably spent more this summer (fees and stupid wages) than we have for a long time.

Would anyone honestly take Mark Hughes?

Reckon we'd be any different under Carver?

If we told Pardew to fuck off and gave Carver/Stone the Villa game I'm wondering if we'd do much differently.  Part of me thinks Carver wouldn't have us defending a lead or pissing about throwing on defensive players for attacking players.

This is based on very little other than he probably learned the majority of his ideas under SBR.

I think we'd be just as bad. Carver is part of the coaching setup that has us playing so negatively.

But was part of the set up that played so well under Sir Bobby. Might be the manager has the last say ?

He and the rest of this coaching setup honestly seem like yes men to me.

I see Carver as a Terry Mac type of figure. His main job is keeping morale up. His record doesn't suggest he's be a great manager.

I see the entire senior coaching staff as banter lads there for morale.

Said this myself before but there's many on here who refuse to believe the "jobs for the boys" idea.

The trouble with that is, and I'm not disagreeing, is that it's impossible to know one way or the other. We all used to say the same about Lee Clark, who subsequently has gone on to manage competently, if not fantastically, at League One/Championship level when a lot of posters on here thought that he was only fit for putting the cones out.

Most clubs do source their coaches from either ex-players or local links, be it Mike Phelan, Steffen Freund, Steve Bould or Bolo Zenden.

:thup:

it's more that the ones we have don't seem to be addressing the areas they've been assigned.  Krul's kicking and distribution is still awful, suggesting Woodman isn't doing his job.  Tiote still charges around like a nutcase creating the impression Stone isn't working enough with him.  As you say, it's impossible to know but the shifts put in by some individuals in games this season can't all be AP's fault alone.

Guest bimpy474

Philippe Montanier, French, good football and would be cheap.

Extending their foreign love-in to managers as well as players would be awesome. Purely so I can follow in blind hope as I wouldn't know just how well/shit he's done in the past.

He's managing in Spain now, managed in france. Just picked him out as Real Sociedad play decent football and he's French.

If Pardew does go, my hope would be for someone like Di Matteo. Realistically though we could be staring down the barrel of another Kinnear like appointment.

:scared:

Why not? A young and hungry manager is exactly what we need, preferably someone with a point to prove.

Hardly set the world alight at WBA.  Fan favourite at Chelsea.  Comes across as rather arrogant without any sustained period of successful management to back it up.

Think we have to understand that we don't need a long term solution here , a new manager will give a the team a lift and that should be enough to secure our place status, after that we can think of the future.

it sounds utterly mental but it wouldn't surprise me if Carr is involved in finding a replacement too.  He appears to be trusted by those at the top.  We're obviously looking at the continent, France in particular, for recruitment and therefore to sustain that position and to keep doing so then it would be in our interest to appoint a French/French-speaking manager providing he also speaks sufficient English to communicate with MA/DL and other players.

Guest bimpy474

Some of my wife's family are West Brom fans and they were all disappointed when he was let go. They said that the quality of football was good even though the results didn't always match. Think we could do a lot worse. Was impressed with his teams every time I've seen them to be honest.

Adkins is also a possibility but I get the feeling some of our bigger players would respond better to a "bigger" name.

I don't know, the debate is futile anyway at the minute.

Pardew is exactly a big name either is he. See your point though.

I wouldn't say I've no faith they can find a decent manager. They seem to be good at finding a good players, suggests we've people with good football knowledge that could find a good manager too.

You'd think so, but unfortunately the manager will be much more an Ashley/Llambias decision in as far as who they deem they can work with amicably, at least you'd assume so. I think the biggest thing to think of is how bad a reputation do they have in football compared to the Keegan debacle? Everything that came out from that pretty much scared any self-respecting manager off. They've had a relatively low profile to the neutral in recent times, other than the 'financial restraint' line I have to talk to death about with any neutral that talks football with me.

Guest malandro

If Pardew does go, my hope would be for someone like Di Matteo. Realistically though we could be staring down the barrel of another Kinnear like appointment.

:scared:

Why not? A young and hungry manager is exactly what we need, preferably someone with a point to prove.

Hardly set the world alight at WBA.  Fan favourite at Chelsea.  Comes across as rather arrogant without any sustained period of successful management to back it up.

Think we have to understand that we don't need a long term solution here , a new manager will give a the team a lift and that should be enough to secure our place status, after that we can think of the future.

Could just as easily end up thinking wtf

I do think he's on an abnormally bad run mind.

I think where we were pre-West Ham was his true level. Stuttering to mid-table mediocrity, winning a few, scraping a few draws, etc. Unacceptable still. From pretty much Stoke to today there's been performances and games where we could have got a few results and hadn't. But even if he had got those results, 12th or wherever we might have been is still p*ss poor for the players he's got to work with.

Aye, I don't rate Pardew very highly but i'm shocked by some of these results. Wham & Readingnin particular. Fully thought we'd stutter all season and finish lower midtable.

If you want to know what an easy ride this twat gets from the media, tune into 5live now. Ian Dennis spouting absolute shit - reckons Th substitutions were justified and that Cabaye went straight down the tunnel after he went off for treatment.

Absolutely no reference to the piss poor record we've had this season - kept bleating about finishing 5th last year, etc. Probably made worse that the caller wasn't arguing,like. Just accepted what he was being told.

Guest firetotheworks

5Live and Talksport are on the radio. That disadvantage is remedied by getting people to text, phone in and listen because they will get almost everyone with a brain (that hasn't figured out their tactic yet) to disagree with their almost exclusively ignorant, aggressive opinions.

In short, stop listening and it stops working.