Alan Pardew

Dave

I think we will pick up, strangely. I think if M'Biwa comes in, that will give the squad a huge lift and we'll see a bit more fight in the team too, some more leadership. If he keeps that midfield from yesterday, and we sign a wide forward, i think we'll win at Villa and kick on.

5Live and Talksport are on the radio. That disadvantage is remedied by getting people to text, phone in and listen because they will get almost everyone with a brain (that hasn't figured out their tactic yet) to disagree with their almost exclusively ignorant, aggressive opinions.

In short, stop listening and it stops working.

aye both are awful phone-ins.  The only one worth listening to is Total Sport a) because it's only focussed towards ourselves and the mackems and b) their ex-pro/"professional" opinions come from someone that watches us week in, week out.

5Live and Talksport are on the radio. That disadvantage is remedied by getting people to text, phone in and listen because they will get almost everyone with a brain (that hasn't figured out their tactic yet) to disagree with their almost exclusively ignorant, aggressive opinions.

In short, stop listening and it stops working.

Aye. Turned off after that.

Guest bimpy474

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

A lot of people asking me about Alan Pardew's future. From what I've been told #nufc have no intention of changing manager.

Sacked then.

The hope I am desperately clinging to is that we sign Mbiwa who settles quickly, Saylor stays fit and for the rest of the season we have a competent back 4 that allows the confidence manager that Pardew is to be a lot more adventurous. He showed last season he was capable of it but this year he has thoroughly shit his pants and ironically his safety first approach has made us a lot more vulnerable.

Guest bimpy474

The hope I am desperately clinging to is that we sign Mbiwa who settles quickly, Saylor stays fit and for the rest of the season we have a competent back 4 that allows the confidence manager that Pardew is to be a lot more adventurous. He showed last season he was capable of it but this year he has thoroughly shit his pants and ironically his safety first approach has made us a lot more vulnerable.

My worry is rather like the set peices, he doesn't know how to change it. He's simply lost it, soon find out if we sign a couple and carry on being shit.

Radio shows, particularly the national ones, will always always side with the managers when someone criticizes them.

Maybe a consequence of not wanting to be responsible for the manager refusing to give interviews or something? Makes them barely worth listening to although the three Newcastle callers on 606 last night were very good and didn't have bullshit talked back to them.

He succeeded last season with a conservative approach, but unfortunately we're now in a situation where he needs to be bold. A couple of new signings might give him the confidence to try it.

Hopefully. If he isn't relying on Williamson every week then that might give him more confidence. Somehow I doubt it though, he's a conservative manager through and through, and it's costing us every single game.

Radio shows, particularly the national ones, will always always side with the managers when someone criticizes them.

Maybe a consequence of not wanting to be responsible for the manager refusing to give interviews or something? Makes them barely worth listening to although the three Newcastle callers on 606 last night were very good and didn't have bullshit talked back to them.

depends on the manager, few were siding with AVB when he had some pressure on him (daftly) earlier this season

My worry is rather like the set peices, he doesn't know how to change it. He's simply lost it, soon find out if we sign a couple and carry on being shit.

He makes the wrong decisions all the time but tbf to him he really hasn't had many options from the bench. Poor example to choose really as we shouldn't need to change it up against Reading at home but it's been like it for much of the season, a bench like yesterdays;

Taylor, Sa.Ameobi, Ranger, Bigirmana, Perch and Obertan.

Doesn't give you many game changing options.

Depressing really, thinking when Ben Arfa is back that bench will only have someone like Shola or Jonas to change a game :lol: :okay:

Well probably Marv tbf.

depends on the manager, few were siding with AVB when he had some pressure on him (daftly) earlier this season

Few were siding with him before Tottenham had even played a game under him.

He succeeded last season with a conservative approach, but unfortunately we're now in a situation where he needs to be bold. A couple of new signings might give him the confidence to try it.

Hopefully. If he isn't relying on Williamson every week then that might give him more confidence. Somehow I doubt it though, he's a conservative manager through and through, and it's costing us every single game.

To be fair, he wasn't conservative against Man U and Arsenal. We went all out against them. That is what we should be doing against the 'lesser' teams.

To be fair, he wasn't conservative against Man U and Arsenal. We went all out against them. That is what we should do against the 'lesser' teams.

He undid all of that though by introducing Shola and reverting to hoof mode at 3-3 in both games.

Guest bimpy474

He makes the wrong decisions all the time but tbf to him he really hasn't had many options from the bench. Poor example to choose really as we shouldn't need to change it up against Reading at home but it's been like it for much of the season, a bench like yesterdays;

Taylor, Sa.Ameobi, Ranger, Bigirmana, Perch and Obertan.

Doesn't give you many game changing options.

Depressing really, thinking when Ben Arfa is back that bench will only have someone like Shola or Jonas to change a game :lol: :okay:

Well probably Marv tbf.

While i do accept the fact he needed more players and wasn't backed by the board. I can't despite trying hard find any reason for him to look at the squad and go "i know lets play direct football"

I'm just completely baffled, i hate the bloke, he is clueless and want him gone. That said if he's gets given some players and does well, i'll happily apologise.

I can't see that happening as i just think he's a rank bad manager.

I think we will pick up, strangely. I think if M'Biwa comes in, that will give the squad a huge lift and we'll see a bit more fight in the team too, some more leadership. If he keeps that midfield from yesterday, and we sign a wide forward, i think we'll win at Villa and kick on.

I honestly don't think the players are the problem.

How many teams outside the top 8/9 have players as good as Cabaye, HBA, Marveaux, Krul, Cisse, Santon, Anita, Coloccini, Tiote and previously Ba.

These are all good Premiership quality players. Some of them can play for the top 4 comfortably. IMO this is comfortably a mid-table team.

Perhaps people have had some breathing space since last night, but I really don't know how anyone can even remotely justify prolonging his time here. How many chances does he get? How many 'wait and see' opportunities are we going to give him? I think we've passed that time now. 16 games left and no sign of any noticeable improvement in regards to results.

I honestly don't think the players are the problem.

How many teams outside the top 8/9 have players as good as Cabaye, HBA, Marveaux, Krul, Cisse, Santon, Anita, Coloccini, Tiote and previously Ba.

These are all good Premiership quality players. Some of them can play for the top 4 comfortably. IMO this is comfortably a mid-table team.

I completely agree, I just don't think we're going to get the lift we need from management to survive, it's going to have to come from new players instead. We have the quality, but mentally, it's clear we're struggling.