Alan Pardew

Dave

Out of interest, why would anyone mention what month it is or how long's left in the transfer window when discussing nufc managerial appointments/sackings?

The nufc manager doesn't choose who we sell or sign, and hasn't for some time.

It would probably help to convince someone to come though.

discussing this with ThreatLevel on twitter at the minute.  The way I see it:

Apparent recruitment drive in France with Carr ---> Manager has little say in incomings ---> pretty much a head coach/DoF setup ---> Find French/French-speaking manager who is available (one that's taken relegation fodder to a respectable mid-table position probably) ---> Inform him that this is the way things work.  He will have a little say but is primarily a head coach to work with what he's given.  We will also be likely to sell and replace when high-end bids come in ---> New tactical imputes for the team while also being able to engage/man-manage the majority of the squad.

Essentially a French Steve Clarke.  Only way I could see us getting "better" would be to sack off Graham Carr and give the manager full control, which I can't see us doing at all.

Out of interest, why would anyone mention what month it is or how long's left in the transfer window when discussing nufc managerial appointments/sackings?

The nufc manager doesn't choose who we sell or sign, and hasn't for some time.

It would probably help to convince someone to come though.

I'm not sure why, they wouldn't get any signings if they asked, they'd get what they were given and be told that in advance.

Apparent recruitment drive in France with Carr ---> Manager has little say in incomings ---> pretty much a head coach/DoF setup ---> Find French/French-speaking manager who is available (one that's taken relegation fodder to a respectable mid-table position probably) ---> Inform him that this is the way things work.  He will have a little say but is primarily a head coach to work with what he's given.  We will also be likely to sell and replace when high-end bids come in ---> New tactical imputes for the team while also being able to engage/man-manage the majority of the squad.

Essentially a French Steve Clarke.  Only way I could see us getting "better" would be to sack off Graham Carr and give the manager full control, which I can't see us doing at all.

Would be ideal scenario although is it paramount that the manager is French? especially with the troubles players like Ben Arfa have had in the past.

What i'm getting at is french people don't seem to like french people :lol:

terry mccrady ‏@trymcc

@lee_ryder Why change? On satday Cab was injured, Marv was looking lost (2nd half). Board did not sign defenders and midfield in summer.

:anguish:

Of course he was lost.. He was looking for shola but couldn't find him because pardew had put the fucker on the right wing.

Would be ideal scenario although is it paramount that the manager is French? especially with the troubles players like Ben Arfa have had in the past.

What i'm getting at is french people don't seem to like french people :lol:

aye but I'm factoring in what seems to be happening at the minute.  If there's another talented manager out there, who at least speaks some French we could appoint him.  Couldn't see any English manager accepting such a role though, especially clowns like Mark Hughes.  Keegan and Curbishley have also walked in similar circumstances.

Ben Arfa could have walked in any circumstance in all honesty.  We've been lucky in a sense that he's not kicked off at Pardew.

If our form and results are purely down to signings and luck, why would binning Pardew be a problem?

The investment since we finished 5th has been abysmal to date, but it's far from the only issue. Our slimy manager was saying it wasn't a problem at all at one point. :lol:

I've said it so many times, what is Alan Pardew's obsession with putting a striker out on the wings when he plays 4-5-1/4-2-3-1?

Is because of the advantage of launching it long on the counter so the striker on the wing has aerial advantage over the oppositions fullback?

Or is it to save up on having to make subs so he can easily revert to 4-4-2 with two strikers back up top when he shits himself soon after we go one up and he insist on defending a one goal lead?

Can anyone please shed any light on what else he might see as an advantage of having the likes of Ba, Cisse, Best, Shola on the wings?