Alan Pardew

Dave

I think villa in the second half played some very good football, were first into the tackle and went sink or swim... We just weren't able to counter that, we should have kept calm and passed the ball around to take the sting out of them but we panicked and got brittle again.

Don't actually think it was so much to do with his substitutions, although I was asking for jonas to be subbed, more that our confidence is so brittle.

Really?  :lol:  His substitutions were mind boggling.

So Agbonlahor was giving Debuchy a hard time at the start of the first half - how was taking Perch off and bringing Shola on going to address that problem?

Who said it was going to address the problem?

He will probably come out now and say that the second half performance was down to nerves brought about by our position in the league and the long away game winless streak. And give credit to Villa who were fighting for their lives and putting us under pressure.

The subs were borderline comical and a continuation of what has occured all season. The players look fucking clueless after every sub and the shape goes to pieces. Surely he must notice this??

He will probably come out now and say that the second half performance was down to nerves brought about by our position in the league and the long away game winless streak. And give credit to Villa who were fighting for their lives and putting us under pressure.

The subs were borderline comical and a continuation of what has occured all season. The players look fucking clueless after every sub and the shape goes to pieces. Surely he must notice this??

He would partly be right, although obviously he has to share the blame.

Are people nuts?

Shola cannot and has never held up the ball at all this season when he's been brought on. He's worse then Heskey in that aspect. Seriously a Shola sub is a bad idea everytime against everyone except Sunderland.

Shola was supposed to be an outlet for us to hold the ball up... just didn't work cos' he's shint!

So why bring him on?  We were absolutely brilliant in the first half and Pardew must be given credit for that.  Second half, he's had another nightmare and we're lucky that Villa are so poor in front of goal.

I think villa in the second half played some very good football, were first into the tackle and went sink or swim... We just weren't able to counter that, we should have kept calm and passed the ball around to take the sting out of them but we panicked and got brittle again.

Don't actually think it was so much to do with his substitutions, although I was asking for jonas to be subbed, more that our confidence is so brittle.

Not at all, there was genuine reason behind them, just not his fault that we are so brittle we treat the ball like a hot potato when under a little bit of pressure.

Shola Turned out to be completely useless at the only thing he normally does well...

I wouldn't have taken gouffran off, jonas would have gone if I were the manager, but well...

Guest hobshobs

Bringing on Shola to hold up the ball says it all really, we should be looking to get a hold of the midfield again not have some f***ing League 1 battering ram chest balls back to the opposition. Especially when it means our actual number 9 moving to the wing.

100% correct. Spot on.

So Agbonlahor was giving Debuchy a hard time at the start of the first half - how was taking Perch off and bringing Shola on going to address that problem?

It wasn't. But if there's a problem then it's probably a good idea to address it :lol:

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "There has been a lot of work and effort to get that win. From the players to the chairman to get the new players in. First half we were magnificent, second half the French lads ran out of legs but we hung on.

"We know what we have been missing. Moussa Sissoko was magnificent and he will be a powerful player in the Premier League. The new guys were great but the established players here have played their part and helped them settle in.

"Villa have no problem. They will be safe, they have quality."

Not at all, there was genuine reason behind them, just not his fault that we are so brittle we treat the ball like a hot potato when under a little bit of pressure.

Shola Turned out to be completely useless at the only thing he normally does well...

I wouldn't have taken gouffran off, jonas would have gone if I were the manager, but well...

Shola literally had to hold off the entire Aston Villa defence on his own, what was he supposed to do? There's absolutely no point in playing a (lone) target man when you're trying to counter.

Credit to Lambert. He really fired his team up, made astute changes, got them believing they could get something from the game and they nearly did. Considering the age of their team too.

If they do go down but keep the core of the players, i think they'll bounce back up and much better side. Can see why he's highly rated.

Read my previous posts. Shola has never been good at anything so not sure what you're talking about. It was his fault.

This is a man who could turn a 3-3 draw with Arsenal into a 7-3 thrashing with his subs alone. You are delusional if you don't think our 2nd half performance was done to him

It wasn't. But if there's a problem then it's probably a good idea to address it :lol:

Aye... suppose so  :lol:

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "There has been a lot of work and effort to get that win. From the players to the chairman to get the new players in. First half we were magnificent, second half the French lads ran out of legs but we hung on.

"We know what we have been missing. Moussa Sissoko was magnificent and he will be a powerful player in the Premier League. The new guys were great but the established players here have played their part and helped them settle in.

Our established players did what? :lol:

He's talented I'll give him that :lol:

The utter mess he had us in for the end of that match was quite something :lol:

Cisse and Jonas wingers and a bunch of headless chicken in midfield with no plan what-so-ever besides the utter failures of hoofs :lol:

this fucking guy.

And genuinely though it really pains me to see Anita, after all those years of careful nourishment at the Ajax academy and first team, come on (not start :lol: ) with the sole purpose to run around like fuck, literally.  :anguish:

Evidence (if ever it were needed and frankly, if you think it was, you need to give your head a shake) that our disgusting performances this season are nothing to do with lack of investment and everything to do with the coward in the dugout.

Guest palnese

Astonishing.