Alan Pardew

Dave

Have to say watching Southampton transform so effortlessly with a new manager is very galling :lol:

Dunno about transform like, they weren't in the bottom three when they binned Adkins and gave us a real footballing lesson in November (after which we should have made the big decision). They had the most ridiculous opening run of fixtures but since then they've been pretty consistently good. Their defence is shit and has been all season but they've worked themselves up to a point where they keep the ball so well that they have less pressure on it. We consistently invite pressure instead.

'Attack is the best form of defence' is a cliche but that doesn't make it wrong.

Lovejoy :thup:

It´s weird. I was passionate about getting Souness, Roeder, Allardyce and Kinnear out of this club long before their last match in charge. Although Pardew has had a pretty poor season, and I have been frustrated with him on a lot of issues, I am still willing to let him have a go next season as well.

Can´t explain why, it´s just my feel, which obviously isn´t many others feel. You know that feel?

Have to say watching Southampton transform so effortlessly with a new manager is very galling :lol:

More galling is that he doesn't speak any english and has no clue about the PL. :lol: What he does seem to have is tactical understanding of the game of football.

How good are the players then Disco? Worse than Southampton? Villa? Norwich? Stoke?

Presumably you think we need to jettison Graham Carr too as he's the one primarily responsible for bringing them in?

And there we go again.

Forget it then. You've become worse than Stu for not offering an opinion but being happy to pour scorn on that of others.

:lol: Absolute drivel. My opinons are absolutely all over the shop as you well know. Where did I mention we should get rid of Carr again...remind me please.

You said that the players aren't as good as everyone thinks (I.e. good enough not to be battling relegation). If that was my opinion I'd definitely want shot of the bloke who has chosen them after we've spent a decent amount of money.

Playing at full pelt they are no-one is this season, more or less everyone bar Krul is playing beneath themselves and people are forgetting that Debuchy, Sissoko, MYM et al aren't going to be pulling up trees straight away as foreign players that aren't world class generally don't and even some of the those world class ones struggle at first (Bergkamp & Henry for e.g.)

Everyone goes on about us having the best squad in years, they're basing that on players playing at their peak every game rather than their average which is generally a truer indicator of how they're liable to perform week in, week out.

Tiote has been appalling for the most part this season, Santon has cost us goal after goal after goal, Coloccini has been a shell of the player we saw last year, Cisse has been poor in large spells (yet he can't be dropped because there is no-one else), we've got no creative players aside from two injury prone Frenchman, our squad depth is horrible etc. etc.

Its a top 7 first team easily

This is what I mean, it isn't at all IMO.

FWIW I had us down for 8th start of the season.

I honestly think that if the majority of players are playing beneath themselves then the coaching team are to blame.

More galling is that he doesn't speak any english and has no clue about the PL. :lol: What he does seem to have is tactical understanding of the game of football.

Spot on.

Dunno about transform like, they weren't in the bottom three when they binned Adkins and gave us a real footballing lesson in November (after which we should have made the big decision). They had the most ridiculous opening run of fixtures but since then they've been pretty consistently good.

Completely agree, Southampton have played great stuff all season the key differences i have noticed are as follows.

1. Press much better as a team

2. More organised defensively

3. Don't choke away loads of chances every game :lol:

Seriously i have seen Southampton a lot this season and the amount of chances they were creating under Atkins and throwing away followed by stupid defending led to poor results by comparison.

Obviously results have improved but i don't believe performances have been totally transformed.

The justification for keeping him next season appears to have shifted from a genuine belief he could make a decent fist of it and take us forward to comments such as we might as well / he's not going anywhere so there's no point in talking about it / we couldn't or wouldn't get anyone better than him / we owe him something because we finished 5th last year, etc.  You waste enough of your fucking time supporting this club - watching teams without a clue playing shite football and getting awful results - and I'd rather not waste any more time next season for the wooly reasoning above when the opportunity to push on is so clearly there.

:clap:

Dunno about transform like, they weren't in the bottom three when they binned Adkins and gave us a real footballing lesson in November (after which we should have made the big decision). They had the most ridiculous opening run of fixtures but since then they've been pretty consistently good.

Completely agree, Southampton have played great stuff all season the key differences i have noticed are as follows.

Seriously i have seen Southampton a lot this season and the amount of chances they were creating under Atkins and throwing away followed by stupid defending led to poor results by comparison.

Obviously results have improved but i don't believe performances have been totally transformed.

Have to disagree, the way they break NOW is scary. Teams shit it when 5-6 shift up the park as soon as they get posession. Also today Lambert played like a Michu clone. Early signs are that Pochettino is pretty slick.

I wouldn't say its a top 7 team easily but its definitely capable of challenging to be in and around Everton and Liverpool.

Especially now with all these signings in January, at the end of the day though we should be nowhere near 15th so its really irrelevant.

Pretty much this. I said top 4 and I would at least expect us to put up a decent fight every year but ultimately it's a battle of the teams just outside of that bracket. If we're amongst that I'm happy, if we can do one better and break into the top 4 (which is entirely possible) I'd be f***ing delighted, obviously.

Yep quite frankly the difference between 4th and 7th is very small, as long as you have challenged for those spots you have done your job.

Obviously 7th being the minimum and 4th being the Maximum in that bracket.

Disco brings up a good point about creativity though, i know everyone talks about strikers and centre backs and rightly so but i think we are really lacking a proper attacking midfielder with creativity and guile.

You honestly don't think Cabaye can do that? I think he could, if Pardew wasn't so committed to having his best players stood on the edge of their own box all the time. I'd argue even Anita (whilst admittedly looking lightweight) can do it, he's certainly got an eye for a forward pass. He's another one thats sat on the bench while Pardew's sending on Tiote telling him to stop dropping the ball off to other players and run at teams like Essien :lol:

Not to mention that fact the Marveaux's been overlooked all season as Interpolic's been saying.

Is there a 'who would you replace Pardew with type thread btw? I'd love to read peoples suggestions.

anyone?

I'd have bitten your hand off for Adkins; as he looked like a young developing manager with the right ideals but that train sailed.

Have to disagree, the way they break NOW is scary. Teams s*** it when 5-6 shift up the park as soon as they get posession. Also today Lambert played like a Michu clone. Early signs are that Pochettino is pretty slick.

Believe me i know how good Pochettino is as a coach i saw him a lot at Espanyol, but i don't believe in the main he has changed massive amounts.

The high pressing being one of the few, as for Lambert he's played like that all season. ( i think there was a stat going around that only Suarez had created more chances for team mates)

I think there is more to come from Pochettino in regard to what he wants because as of right now i don't believe he has changed too much.

The players we have we basically need a Dutch or French coach who is relatively young and won't make big transfer demands. Europe is full of these types who have grown up learing and studying the game the right way...Right through from interesting training regimes, cogent pass and move playing styles and cutting edge player pscychology.

Would like him here  :anguish:

There are a lot of coaches i'd like here tbh :lol:

Me too :lol: We have to go for a tactically astute manager next, I think French would be ideal but some may disagree.

Its so fucking typical of this club, we have a great team and a poor manager. Ashley finally calmed down, we are facing relegation. Why did I have to be born into this shit. We're cursed I tell you, cursed

I sometimes think that we were the Huns or something in a previous life and are repeatedly paying for prior sins.

I forgot to add, I also think this is all by the by, he isn't fucking going anywhere.

I disagree, I think he might be off in the summer.

if we dont get relegated, he will be here.

I forgot to add, I also think this is all by the by, he isn't f***ing going anywhere.

I disagree, I think he might be off in the summer.

I'd love you to be right, just can't see it. Think he'll get next season (or part at least) to try and put it right.