Alan Pardew

Dave

The comment about 40 % fans 60 % customers? Something like that.

Pardew is annoying but with Souness he practically blamed defeats on SJP's atmosphere. He was a total bellend and was bitter towards Newcastle all the time.

No, but he got sacked with time to spare. We got tonked 3-0 off City, who were god awful under Stuart Pierce at the time. We were hurtling towards the bottom 3 and imo he'd have took us down. He'd also spent a fortune on players and results were terrible, albeit he did have injuries.

Not a defence of Pardew by the way, but we were in utter tatters with Souness in charge, worse than now for me.

We are in tatters now, 4 games left and we are floating like a fat lass in a pool.

Souness still some way off for me. All the good players leaving, fighting, underperforming, injuring themselves, spending all that money and erase everything that we learnt to love about that side in just 16 months. Felt like an eternity.

No where near as bad. We had our own players fighting each other under Souness man  :lol:

Aye, they were rucking with each but did souness ever have us this low in the league and fearing for our safety with 4 games left ?

Edit

Sourface also had a UEFA cup QF to deal with and an FA cup Semi final to deal with that season.

His comments, two games close to each other "its what you  play football for"

Two absolutely scandalous 4-1 defeats. The sporting game one of my worst as a supporter.

Pardew probably can't do the amount of damage Souness did due to his limited power. He'll never, ever be blamed with wasting £50 million for example but would be blamed if good players leave due to our underachievement on the pitch.

Pardew probably can't do the amount of damage Souness did due to his limited power. He'll never, ever be blamed with wasting £50 million for example but would be blamed if good players leave due to our underachievement on the pitch.

He probably won't strangle one of our best players and force him out of the club either.

He probably won't strangle one of our best players and force him out of the club either.

He has other methods of achieving this outcome  :whistle:

None of our players have played over 40 games, only 4 have played more than 30, and one of them is a goalkeeper.

Meanwhile most of Chelsea's first team players are on around 45-50 games.

Aye, and Benitez has been complaining about tiredness for months.

January 3rd

January 27th

Mid Feb

March

April

Sorry I thought we were talking about performances and results. They're third and have played in two semi finals with one still to come ffs.

:lol:

And spent half a billion?

Guest TheGreatBeardo

To be fair, the truth of this statement probably depends on whether you are allowing "strangle" to be used metaphorically or not.

i bet he did.

You would be right to do so as you would claim your winnings, he said it to Mick Lowes after the WBA game and they played it on Total Sport tonight.

i meant i bet he did benefit- just nowt to do with football,

None of our players have played over 40 games, only 4 have played more than 30, and one of them is a goalkeeper.

January 3rd

January 27th

Mid Feb

March

April

Sorry I thought we were talking about performances and results. They're third and have played in two semi finals with one still to come ffs.

Sorry, again you're talking about something completely different to me.

I thought we were discussing fatigue. Why are their players able to play fifty games and perform while ours can't manage thirty without apparently being completely knackered? Are you claiming they have more stamina depending on how much they cost?

Look at Rooney's movement from that corner there. A million miles away from anything we practise from corners.

Man United don't dick around with corners either. 75% or more it's whipped in with pace into the 6-12 yard area with loads of players careering towards it.

January 3rd

January 27th

Mid Feb

March

April

Sorry, again you're talking about something completely different to me.

I thought we were discussing fatigue. Why are their players able to play fifty games and perform while ours can't manage thirty without apparently being completely knackered? Are you claiming they have more stamina depending on how much they cost?

No, as I said Benitez was complaining about tiredness 3 months ago when there players hadn't even played 30 games.

Their players are able to challenge in 4 competitions and be 3rd because they're better players.  We have players that could challenge mid-table with the fatigue that comes from this many games.

A broken back, dislocated shoulder or anterior cruciate and the like that have seen us without players long term aren't really brought on by tiredness though.