Alan Pardew

Dave

did the mood turn in the stadium at all yesterday?  imo it'll be the only way to breach the thick skins of ashley and mike, if it's clear the tide has turned against him

Nah, not that I could hear anyway. Plenty of disgruntled voices, few directed at the manager, more at the players.

as suspected, staggering to me the way people are currently viewing our predicament this season...sure blame can be apportioned to the players but this is the end product of 2 years of bullshit, prehistoric tactics

one 5th place has blinded a city, imagine if he'd won something :lol:  we'd have the cunt for life

Perhaps the distance gives you enhanced perception and foresight? Whatever it is, you're so much better than us.

nah mate, plenty of people have been seeing it along with me the whole time and fuck it it's not about who was right or wrong nor am i trying to say anything about that

i'm genuinely surprised at the leeway he's afforded by the fans watching the match, everytime i've seen us this season (and large chunks of last season) i've wanted to claw my eyes out

Guest Roger Kint

I'm not sure he would get the sack even if we went down. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we are stuck with the incompetent twat.

Of course we are. 7 more years?

I'm not sure he would get the sack even if we went down. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we are stuck with the incompetent twat.

All we need to do is to find out who broke the mirror.

Guest Roger Kint

All we need to do is to find out who broke the mirror.

:lol: Just the one?

I was pro Pardew (if you like), up until Swansea at home this year. I think he took Marveaux off in that game?

Yesterday, will be considered the start of the end for Pardew IMO.

European standard players, championship manager.

The problem is that he has the players, staff, board and half the fans still on his side. 

Hopefully and probably.

If Pardew is retained after the summer, NUFC will continue to decline and fail - a club the size and potential of NUFC is failing when fighting relegation and that is what will happen. What will NOT happen is a steady improvement in the club's fortunes and that is what the club should be aiming at.

If they keep Pardew, they might as well do what an old friend of mine said they should do after he became disillusioned at the lack of success following the 50s when he used to follow them. He said ;

'They haven't a clue how to run or build a successful club ; they should knock the place down and build flats on it'........

I can see exactly how he felt.......

Out, but at the end of the season.  He was embarrassed by a managerial novice yesterday and we've been outplayed by teams with worse players and less resources than us the whole time he's been here. 

He's wasting a talented squad and yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.  It was nearly as bad as the relegation IMO and I can't remember feeling so low after a game?  At least with the relegation, you could see it coming as we had a team full of shit, mixed with mercs and we were so poorly run, it was almost laughable.  But this?  I didn't see this result in a million years, I actually felt quietly confident for a change.

I saw some managerial comparison stats on twitter and it doesn't look good for him.  Only skimmed it, but seems his win% is farily low and the stats back up how useless we are at set pieces, how negative we are (not much possession in opposition's half, plenty in our own) and also how many long balls we play per game.  I've not got up for many games this season, despite the 5th place finish last season and constantly going to a lot of matches during the shit years.  I've not been overly bothered, as it just doesn't seem like he's learnt from his mistakes, or that he plans on changing his horrendous style of play.  The clueless attacking displays and woeful set plays being my main gripes.

As others have said, he's here until we get relegated.  :(

As much as I want Pardew to go, as he play horrible, awful football I just can't see it happening. If we stay up, Pardew will stay as he the cheap option, and Ashley will not want to change manager, as not many managers will work under him. If we get relegated he will stay, as there will probably be no other decent managers out there, who will want to manage us. Btw if we go down with the squad we have, Pardew should retire and should never manage in any division again, either that or be shot.

Guest icemanblue

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was shit from everyone, not just the manager.

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was shit from everyone, not just the manager.

:thup: the only person who I thought did OK yesterday was Marveaux and he was no more than a 6/7 out 10.

Pardew before the match was moaning about how the team would be tired and unprepared for this match and that's exactly what happened on the pitch. The players didn't perform but it's not a surprise in my mind after Pardews pre-game comments.

Guest icemanblue

Absolutely.

:thup: the only person who I thought did OK yesterday was Marveaux and he was no more than a 6/7 out 10.

Aye, disappeared for large parts of the game, unfortunately. At 2-0, I know it was likely game over, we gave up. Pardew stood motionless and each and every players' head dropped. Shocking in any game, but so much worse in this one.

Tiote also felt that everybody at United had to take responsibility for the mess the club finds itself in after the defeat.

He said: “Everybody does. Not only the players, the manager as well, everyone.

Absolutely.

I thought his switching formations at half time was ridiculous, I know Gouffran was on a yellow but still, bringing on Ameobi is a joke, he is total garbage.

Similar playing Jonas at left back when a left back was available was ridiculous, Jonas is not a left back and is a shocking footballer who puts some effort in

Tiote also felt that everybody at United had to take responsibility for the mess the club finds itself in after the defeat.

He said: “Everybody does. Not only the players, the manager as well, everyone.

I like that ...

Absolutely.

I thought Debuchy was the only other one that looked interested.

Guest icemanblue

Absolutely.

I thought Debuchy was the only other one that looked interested.

Aye, fair point. He did look up for it. Unfortunately, we was well shackled by Rose.