Alan Pardew

Dave

Newcastle United will not make any knee-jerk reactions to their derby day defeat against Sunderland.

And while there was fan fury in the aftermath of the 3-0 home defeat against Sunderland, Alan Pardew will remain in charge for the final five games of the Premier League campaign.

Of course, Pardew only signed an eight-year contract this season and Newcastle are planning for the long term.

However, the Chronicle understands that a full review will take place at the end of the season as the board and Pardew discuss the expectations.

The issue of the derby defeat will also be discussed with fan confidence taking a hit after United’s worst loss in the fixture since 1979 causing fury amongst fans.

Probably the right thing to do.

:thup:

Well right thing would've been to fire him last summer, but yes it's the option left now at least. No point in sacking him now.

The right thing to do is start earmarking a bright and aggressive coach. One who knows how the modern game is played and not a drinking pal like Pardew or Dennis Wise.

Guest icemanblue

Newcastle United will not make any knee-jerk reactions to their derby day defeat against Sunderland.

And while there was fan fury in the aftermath of the 3-0 home defeat against Sunderland, Alan Pardew will remain in charge for the final five games of the Premier League campaign.

Of course, Pardew only signed an eight-year contract this season and Newcastle are planning for the long term.

However, the Chronicle understands that a full review will take place at the end of the season as the board and Pardew discuss the expectations.

The issue of the derby defeat will also be discussed with fan confidence taking a hit after United’s worst loss in the fixture since 1979 causing fury amongst fans.

Probably the right thing to do.

It is. If we can replace him with someone significantly better in the summer, I'd be more than happy to see it happen. Unfortunately, as I've said before, I just don't trust them to make the right appointment. Their key criteria will be:

1. Is he cheap?

2. Is he desperate for work?

Remember when he said that to turn the corner we had to run faster and win more headers? :lol:

Not really. I may have struck it from my memory for my own sanity.

Not as bad as Steve "we kicked the ball longer than them" Stone :anguish:

Full review:

'So things didn't go as well as expected'

'Nope'

'...Well see you next season'

Yup. On paper those quotes are the right thing to do. Just fear it's all empty words.

Guest Dontooner

The fact that Barcelona has played with teams that run just as much as them or are just as intense as them and still leave teams chasing shadows....

Just Show Attacking intent which they execute at the highest level with efficiency with nearly every ball.

This is our exact opposite game plan , run faster!! Get more headers In!! show spirit !! We just have no attacking intent...

You must kinda suck at chess if you never played it. You must kinda suck at math if you didnt practice it . I doubt we do much passing drills or routines , always look so disjointed when we play.

Guest icemanblue

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was shit from everyone, not just the manager.

I'm not having it. I can understand people don't want upheaval, but this head in the sand mentality is going to see us drifting next season as well. I've said enough times why I think he's not up to the job so I'm not going to repeat myself but two words will say more about his short-comings than anything else:

Set pieces.

What 'head in the sand mentality' is that, man? What, from what I've said there, gives that indication?

Probably ben asked, but would people rather we finished 17 and survive by the skin of our teeth if it meant Pardew got sacked, or would you rather we have a decent end to the season? I think I would rather Pardew got sacked tbh.

Probably ben asked, but would people rather we finished 17 and survive by the skin of our teeth if it meant Pardew got sacked, or would you rather we have a decent end to the season? I think I would rather Pardew got sacked tbh.

17th no doubt.

A no-brainer really.

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was shit from everyone, not just the manager.

I'm not having it. I can understand people don't want upheaval, but this head in the sand mentality is going to see us drifting next season as well. I've said enough times why I think he's not up to the job so I'm not going to repeat myself but two words will say more about his short-comings than anything else:

Set pieces.

Some people are just looking for a bit of balance, it's fair enough as the players were awful.

However, we all know that when a player has a bad game it's not necessarily the manager's fault, but when a team is out of form collectively and individually, it's the manager.

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

What 'head in the sand mentality' is that, man? What, from what I've said there, gives that indication?

People keep banging on about it's the player's fault, when it's clear as day that the team has no direction. That to me is head in the sand mentality.

I wanted him to go in December.

Now we could be in the s*** again and it's too late to sack him.

If we sack him we'd be taking a massive gamble, if we don't sack him then we're also taking a massive gamble.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he's still next season.

Guest neesy111

For me the contrast between the 2 managers was staggering yesterday.  Pardew looked absolutely lost out there 2nd half.

I posted this months ago but my absolute worst nightmare is us getting relegated, because then we'd have Pardew as our manager in the Championship. Think about how bad that would be.

:yao:

:scared:

Guest icemanblue

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

People keep banging on about it's the player's fault, when it's clear as day that the team has no direction. That to me is head in the sand mentality.

No, people don't 'keep banging on about it's the players fault', at all. People are, rightly, saying that the players deserve some of the blame for yesterday, as well as the manager. If anything, that's the opposite of burying their heads in the sand.

Pardew admitted that Krul’s absence was a significant factor during the defeat.

He told the Chronicle: “Maybe if Tim hadn’t got injured at that crucial point, it could have been 1-1, and we could have had an extra sub with extra energy.

“We could have brought on an extra offensive or defensive player, or whatever we needed.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-could-face-keeper-2596558

:anguish:

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

No, people don't 'keep banging on about it's the players fault', at all. People are, rightly, saying that the players deserve some of the blame for yesterday, as well as the manager. If anything, that's the opposite of burying their heads in the sand.

Is it the player's fault that we don't score from corners as well? They should jump higher, what do you reckon?

Guest neesy111

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

People's expectations of what the squad is capable of is way too high imo.

Guest Dontooner

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was s*** from everyone, not just the manager.

Set pieces.

The players had a s*** full season so has the Manager. However having a s*** Manager just amplifies how the players perform. Just admit it

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

People's expectations of what the squad is capable of is way too high imo.

You keep saying this but you never back it up, how high are our expectations?