Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was shit from everyone, not just the manager.

I'm not having it. I can understand people don't want upheaval, but this head in the sand mentality is going to see us drifting next season as well. I've said enough times why I think he's not up to the job so I'm not going to repeat myself but two words will say more about his short-comings than anything else:

Set pieces.

What 'head in the sand mentality' is that, man? What, from what I've said there, gives that indication?

People keep banging on about it's the player's fault, when it's clear as day that the team has no direction. That to me is head in the sand mentality.

No, people don't 'keep banging on about it's the players fault', at all. People are, rightly, saying that the players deserve some of the blame for yesterday, as well as the manager. If anything, that's the opposite of burying their heads in the sand.

Correct.

People's expectations of what the squad is capable of is way too high imo.

You keep saying this but you never back it up, how high are our expectations?

Some people say top 7-8 which is laughable as the team has 1 goalscorer in double figures.

I honestly believe it's between 10th-12th.

Points wise we should be far higher than what we are now.

Do you think top 8 is laughable on any other basis other than how many goals we score? If not, can I ask you a question?

Aside from the ability to finish, what does a player need to score a goal?

Obviously players need service for goals.

I honestly don't think there's enough goals in the team and I think the squad is overrated.  I personally don't think Cabaye is all their , Tiote I've said for months is a joke, Santon isn't a full back.

Yes the service is crap but the amount of times there isn't anyone else in the box apart from Cisse is a joke, players need to take initiative when on the field.

Service implies strikers, you're complaining about the fact that the only person who scores is a striker.

We need to be creating chances, as a team, for anyone.

The midfield has to contribute far more than what it is and has to when we play 1 upfront.

Contribute what?

Goals.

Think he's an absolute snake tbh. :lol:

Don't actually care like, it's the fact that he's wank at his job that's the problem.

Me dad says he's a stand-up guy :undecided:

Your dad's probably on the wind-up, being your dad as he is and all.

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was shit from everyone, not just the manager.

I'm not having it. I can understand people don't want upheaval, but this head in the sand mentality is going to see us drifting next season as well. I've said enough times why I think he's not up to the job so I'm not going to repeat myself but two words will say more about his short-comings than anything else:

Set pieces.

What 'head in the sand mentality' is that, man? What, from what I've said there, gives that indication?

People keep banging on about it's the player's fault, when it's clear as day that the team has no direction. That to me is head in the sand mentality.

No, people don't 'keep banging on about it's the players fault', at all. People are, rightly, saying that the players deserve some of the blame for yesterday, as well as the manager. If anything, that's the opposite of burying their heads in the sand.

Correct.

Some people say top 7-8 which is laughable as the team has 1 goalscorer in double figures.

Do you think top 8 is laughable on any other basis other than how many goals we score? If not, can I ask you a question?

I honestly don't think there's enough goals in the team and I think the squad is overrated.  I personally don't think Cabaye is all their , Tiote I've said for months is a joke, Santon isn't a full back.

Yes the service is crap but the amount of times there isn't anyone else in the box apart from Cisse is a joke, players need to take initiative when on the field.

Service implies strikers, you're complaining about the fact that the only person who scores is a striker.

The midfield has to contribute far more than what it is and has to when we play 1 upfront.

Contribute what?

Goals.

Ok we're back where we started. What do we need to do to as a team that's going to make the midfielders contribute more goals?

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

Contribute what?

see the bit in bold is an argument that my mate makes here at work but this in itself is a tacit acceptance that pardew is at fault because you're essentially saying they should ignore that they're being instructed to do 4 days of a 5 day training week :lol:

you may be right, maybe they should ignore the manager and do what they want, i wish they fucking would tbh

Think he's an absolute snake tbh. :lol:

Don't actually care like, it's the fact that he's wank at his job that's the problem.

Me dad says he's a stand-up guy :undecided:

Your dad's probably on the wind-up, being your dad as he is and all.

:D

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

Contribute what?

see the bit in bold is an argument that my mate makes here at work but this in itself is a tacit acceptance that pardew is at fault because you're essentially saying they should ignore that they're being instructed to do 4 days of a 5 day training week :lol:

you may be right, maybe they should ignore the manager and do what they want, i wish they fucking would tbh

no idea what happened there, i was trying to bold the bit where neesy is saying the players need to take the initiative

I was hugely impressed with Di Canio's interview after the game, he was talking about how he told his team to press high and get bodies in our half whenever possible and basically just telling them to go all out for the win. Even urging them forward for a fourth when they went 3-0 up.

That honestly sickened me tbh. He obviously watched our game against Benfica and thought, that's how to get at them. It took balls though, considering they were at our place and they had more to lose than us, so fair play to him, but ti should never have been allowed to happen.

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

Contribute what?

Goals.

Ok we're back where we started. What do we need to do to as a team that's going to make the midfielders contribute more goals?

Goals.

Also this goals argument is stupid..... of course we have very few goalscorers when we sit so deep not to mention when we do actually attack there is hardly anyone in the box.

It was the same earlier in the season when Ba was here.... why do you think he was the only one scoring? he was the only in and around the box consistently.

There is nothing wrong with the quality of player we have and we without a doubt would challenge for the top 6 with a good manager the problem is Pardew.

I mean have you seen how little we create and how many numbers spring forward when we attack? Teams like Swansea would be in the relegation zone under Pardew.

Reason our midfielders dont score is not only because they are utter s****,

It's because they are not allowed to cross the halfway line until we get awarded a freekick.  Then we push everyone up after ref has blown the whistle for the freekick, push the centre backs up as well because that seem to work every f***ing time doesn't it?  On the heads son all that business , hoof the f***ing freekick into the box.

I don't dislike the bloke and I know a lot do.

He's just out of his depth.

I think this is general consensus here. He's a likeable guy, he's just not a good enough manager for us if we want to challenge for Europe every season for at least top half.

Don't agree at all. He's a smug, arrogant turbocunt. He's full of himself and clearly loves his own voice. I hate everything about him - the manager and the person.

100% Slimy cunt he is.

He has lied, patronised, condescended and played the support of the club at every step of his tenure, I expect no different from the thoroughly unlikable PR man

Will shoulder no responsibility as usual.

Also this goals argument is stupid..... of course we have very few goalscorers when we sit so deep not to mention when we do actually attack there is hardly anyone in the box.

You need to type that more slowly, neesy can't read very fast.

Guest neesy111

It was the same earlier in the season when Ba was here.... why do you think he was the only one scoring? he was the only in and around the box consistently.

There is nothing wrong with the quality of player we have and we without a doubt would challenge for the top 6 with a good manager the problem is Pardew.

I mean have you seen how little we create and how many numbers spring forward when we attack? Teams like Swansea would be in the relegation zone under Pardew.

That to me is the players fault, none of them ever remotely look like breaking sweat to get into the box.

Guest neesy111

You need to type that more slowly, neesy can't read very fast.

You calling me spastic?

Guest neesy111

The fact is too many just want to blame Pardew for everything.  I don't like the bloke and want him out but the players have to take a huge chunk of responsibility for the shambles that happened yesterday and the season.

The fact is too many just want to blame Pardew for everything.  I don't like the bloke and want him out but the players have to take a huge chunk of responsibility for the shambles that happened yesterday and the season.

they're following the instructions of their manager, that's what they're fucking taught to do from the moment they start playing man :lol:

you can't have 11 players doing what they want, in a game you might get one person who decides to abandon his shackles and make a run but i generally doesn't matter 'cause the other 8-9 outfield players are all stood still watching it happen

I really, really hope you get to see these players playing under a capable manager.

Guest neesy111

I really, really hope you get to see these players playing under a capable manager.

I do need to see it, to see whether it is the manager or the players or both.