Alan Pardew

Dave

It really is a joke. We've got one goalscorer in the entire squad, man.

Yet people think we can finish top 7 with it.  It's pathetic.

Gouffran

He's scored 1 deflected goal.  Comeback when you have some better evidence.

http://i.imgur.com/4OXxDmy.gif

Guest neesy111

Yet people think we can finish top 7 with it.  It's pathetic.

Gouffran

He's scored 1 deflected goal.  Comeback when you have some better evidence.

His career in Ligue 1 is entirely invalidated? Scored plenty of goals, while playing as both a striker and winger, for Bordeaux and Caen before that.

I rest my case.

You said we have many Internationals Mick.  Or is this people in glass houses now....

I did say we have many Internationals, how does that tie in with what you're getting at and glass houses, are you on the right forum?

Is he on the right fucking planet?

Can't be arsed with WUMs at the moment.

Guest neesy111

You said we have many Internationals Mick.  Or is this people in glass houses now....

I did say we have many Internationals, how does that tie in with what you're getting at and glass houses, are you on the right forum?

Is he on the right fucking planet?

Jog on.

He's been shown up this season as a defensive minded manager uncapable of implementing an effective gameplan, but let's not pretend he's not been let down by some of his supposed better players, most of whom have not played anywhere near the standard they should be capable of. Ultimately though, the buck stops with him of course.

:thup: Agreed here. Players need to take some blame too.

Cabaye is nowhere near as good as what some people make him to be.

Except he is. Cabaye is very good.

Even the best central midfielders in the world would look dejected playing for this team at the moment.

This team isn't as good as many say.

True but its nowhere near as bad as the shower of s**** that many believe it is now.

It's comfortably better than most outside the top 6. Easily. I think is a shame people are thinking this way, symptomatic of a negative malaise and general engendered small time mentality from Pards

Before the season kicked off I'd be over the moon with a top 8 finish because I know that last seasons 5th place finish was the biggest bullshit of a season if I ever saw one.

But I'm telling you now and I know this much that this team is not a fucking 36 pointer languishing down there in mid fucking April.

Spurs have Bale only really scoring since Defoe got inj...Liv - Saurez only for ages, Villa - Benteke, S'hampton - Lambert, Wba - Lukaku, Sunlun - Fletcher (for ages the only one scoring), Felliani is the top scorer for Everton ffs!! :lol:

The key thing is creating chances and setting up a side that knows what should happen when in posession and to see patterns that are repeated (coach has explained how to attack a particular side etc)...

Sit too deep and att responsability is mostly with 2/3 players -  not going to happen.

Of course Gouffran only has one goal man have you seen how many chances we create? our forwards live on tiny scraps.

Due to how bloody negative and poorly coached we are players like Michu wouldn't even score 10 goals a season in this team.

Liverpool for example had more shots on goal against Reading than we did in our last 4 games combined.

We have good players who top 6 teams want unfortunately we are managed by an idiot.

Nowhere near the top 6? jog on.

Is he on the right f***ing planet?

Jog on.

:lol:

Remind me, how many goalscorers have Everton in their squad?

At least two, plus 3 or 4 more that can cross a ball, a few more who can a) find a team mate with a pass, b) attack a set piece and c) keep possession from a throw in. Oh aye, and to a man they have a much clearer idea of their role in the team and the overall tactical plan. We could have a shedload of natural strikers and we'd waste them until we got a manager that can implement the above.

We literally don't have any wingers yet we cross the ball alot...Why? Cisse is crap in the air yet most balls he deals with are lobbed or floated at him...Why? When on the few ocassions the mf come up who goes into the box (apart from Cisse) and who comes short to split the defence? (Nobody)...:lol: It's like 80's school football.

That's hardly surprising considering how negative we are.

Agreed, but none of them have track records of doing it, either. It's inexcusable that Shola fucking Ameobi comes on when we need a goal.

At least two, plus 3 or 4 more that can cross a ball, a few more who can a) find a team mate with a pass, b) attack a set piece and c) keep possession from a throw in. Oh aye, and to a man they have a much clearer idea of their role in the team and the overall tactical plan. We could have a shedload of natural strikers and we'd waste them until we got a manager that can implement the above.

Oh i wonder why that is....

At least two

Who?

Felliani is top scorer. They don't have anybody else in the top 20.

They have 5 players on 5 goals or more in the league including Jelavic and Felliani who have 18 between them. We've got two - Cisse and Cabaye.

At least two

Who?

Aye and here is Fellianis premier league goal scoring record : 8,2,1,3,11. A truly great goal scorer.

Cant quite believe I've ventured into this collection of opinions that could only described as an abomination but what I will say is that regardless of how you rate this group of players, Alan Pardew is getting the absolute least out of them and has done all season. Not been calling for his head since the first slip up like some of the clowns in this thread but I really cannot see any progress from here. Needs to go in the summer for me.

Guest neesy111

At least two

Who?

They have 5 players on 5 goals or more in the league including Jelavic and Felliani who have 18 between them. We've got two - Cisse and Cabaye.

:sadnod:

At least two

Who?

We did have Ba for half a season though- he had 13. But you might remember now that Cisse is our only goalscorer that when we had Ba and Cisse only 1 was a 'goalscorer'.

Cant quite believe I've ventured into this collection of opinions that could only described as an abomination but what I will say is that regardless of how you rate this group of players, Alan Pardew is getting the absolute least out of them and has done all season. Not been calling for his head since the first slip up like some of the clowns in this thread but I really cannot see any progress from here. Needs to go in the summer for me.

Aye, we're the clowns for not backing this dickhead.

Jesus wept.

We played direct under Hughton, but we used Carroll to our advantage via a potent passer/set piece taker of the ball in Barton and an excellent poacher in Nolan. That was OK, I didn't mind that simply because it was effective and was on a different planet to what we put up with now.

Spurs have Bale only really scoring since Defoe got inj...Liv - Saurez only for ages, Villa - Benteke, S'hampton - Lambert, Wba - Lukaku, Sunlun - Fletcher (for ages the only one scoring), Felliani is the top scorer for Everton ffs!! :lol:

The key thing is creating chances and setting up a side that knows what should happen when in posession and to see patterns that are repeated (coach has explained how to attack a particular side etc)...

Sit too deep and att responsability is mostly with 2/3 players -  not going to happen.

I actually don't think the lack of attacking pattern is really this team's biggest problem. Managers like Redknapp prefer to leave the offensive stuff up to players as much as possible, he mainly finds the right type of player, but most importantly, actually plays them in a position (and formation) that complements their natural abilities.

Right now we've got a defensive midfielder that can't play football that well, playing as some all-action centre mid. An attack-minded central midfielder with limited physical capabilities, also playing as some all-action mid. The only true box-to-box player we have is playing as a striker who's not helping out the aforementioned 2 enough, and we have an AM and a striker on the wings. The midfield '3' in particular, is a mess, no wonder they don't look at all cohesive.

Agreed, but none of them have track records of doing it, either. It's inexcusable that Shola f***ing Ameobi comes on when we need a goal.

Cabaye has got goals in him as we've seen when he gets forward, we need to change a game and I can see a few getting goals.  Cisse, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Cabaye, Sissoko and Gouffran have goals in them if used properly.