Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Dontooner

Yes , i remember every single post that i was shot down for questioning his tactics and lack of routine drills and style. The cowardice of not using Ben Arfa. Its all in the thread you wanna do some digging?

The only difference was we were winning marginally and everybody was happy. You were one in particular that loved it. 

I don't want to waste any more time on that. My point is simple: our squad is f***ing s***. Compare the squad with Spurs, including the bench, and see where they finished last season. You are suggesting a "appropriate manager in your mind" can immediately turn us into Man Utd and winning most of the match "more than a margin".  I don't know who that one is, and how realistic it is, I'm afraid you can't suggest anyone that would really come and work under Ashley. To me, I totally understand the limitation, and a "appropriate manager in my mind" is the one who can win most of the match marginally and consistently, GIVEN THIS SQUAD.

Bassong even couldnt get a game in Spurs and was sold.  I f***ing miss him, you know?

Our squad is s***? What utter, depressing bollocks.

You should read the Board, i rate our players especially the attacking ones.

I think you are the minority that think the players are shit and Pardew is never at fault. BTW i freaking hate the owners as well but that doesnt mean a fifth finish that we had last season would blind sight the fact i had watch football for 34 years and know what is a good team or manager.

Yes , i remember every single post that i was shot down for questioning his tactics and lack of routine drills and style. The cowardice of not using Ben Arfa. Its all in the thread you wanna do some digging?

The only difference was we were winning marginally and everybody was happy. You were one in particular that loved it. 

I don't want to waste any more time on that. My point is simple: our squad is f***ing s***. Compare the squad with Spurs, including the bench, and see where they finished last season. You are suggesting a "appropriate manager in your mind" can immediately turn us into Man Utd and winning most of the match "more than a margin".  I don't know who that one is, and how realistic it is, I'm afraid you can't suggest anyone that would really come and work under Ashley. To me, I totally understand the limitation, and a "appropriate manager in my mind" is the one who can win most of the match marginally and consistently, GIVEN THIS SQUAD.

Bassong even couldnt get a game in Spurs and was sold.  I f***ing miss him, you know?

Our squad is s***. Evaluate the bench and other squad rotation players yourself. Don't be cheated by the starting eleven.

Really mate I can't be bothered. It's because of fans like you that we will end up losing our quality players while defending a manager who's ideas about football expired in 1980.

exactly,  look at swansea's bench.  no excuse for pardew there.

He really is a coward.

Absolutely.

Think he's just out of his depth tbh.

Agreed. I think Pards is a very good and capable PL manager. But he just doesn't have the chops to make a mid-table team a Champions League team. Which *should* be our goal as a club.

easy now. 

:lol: Which part of that statement do you object to?

the transformation of a midtable team into a champions league team, jesus its like it just rolls off your lip,. 

that is a tougher task than you may think, managers that are capable of doing that dont usually join clubs like nufc. 

This team did finish 5th last season, which I don't attribute purely to Pardew's wizardry or pure dumb luck.

Should not the goal of this club be to challenge for a Champions League spot?

Finishing 5 with or without Europe competition makes a huge difference.

To the owner, definitely a no, because it means he has to spend money.  Pretty obvious, no?

In fact there isn't a team that can transform into a champions league team without spending huge money. Probably Sir Bobby has already spent the least.

Qualifying would undoubtedly line Ashley's pockets. Even after spending to upgrade a CL squad he'd come out with a profit.

I just don't understand the mentality in English football that sees fans content with mid-table finishes. Perhaps staying afloat is good enough for teams like Wigan. But the goal for this club, as far its fans are concerned, should be to win hardware and/or qualify for Europe every single year.

Thinking back to the Summer when all Pardew seemed to discuss was how he wanted Carroll back. That's a massive clue to me that's all he wants. To get a big lumbering striker in to build all our attacks from. Why else would we use Shola so fucking often in 2012.

Thinking back to the Summer when all Pardew seemed to discuss was how he wanted Carroll back. That's a massive clue to me that's all he wants. To get a big lumbering striker in to build all our attacks from. Why else would we use Shola so f***ing often in 2012.

I still think we focused our efforts in the summer to get him on, when we could've made progress elsewhere. (Read: Right back and center back)

Guest Howaythetoon

This is looking all too familiar. We could be watching a Souness, Roeder, Big Sam or a Kinnear side here. I've pushed for 4-3-3 and a change in tactics but I'm now starting to believe that it doesn't matter who he picks, in what system, shape or how we play, he simply cannot find a cohesive pattern of play that suits the players he has at his disposal. Certainly not in a fassion that we can kick on from. Last season is clearly a fluke and even that 7 game stretch is now looking like a side simply going through a good spell, a purple patch, a bit like Cisse in front of goal at that time if you like.

You can set your side up to keep its shape, work hard, show great spirit etc. but what generally beats teams is quality attacking play and we lack that all over the park to such an extent its actually embarrassing given the 'riches' if you like that we can call upon.

To be fair to Pardew he hasn't exactly been helped. We struggle to field a regular consistent side if you like due to Euro fixtures, injuries, suspensions and poor squad depth etc., that and the lack of investment which put a downer on everything in my opinion from the very off, for fans, management and most of all most certainly the players themselves. In that regard its no wonder we are not firing on all cylinders or like last season, aren't up there.

None of those issues excuses our piss poor football and the fact we cannot beat sides like Villa, West Ham and now Swansea at home. We were also very fortunate to beat West Brom and Spurs too while we were very poor against Norwich and Man Utd.

This is the pattern and its a pattern we've seen before with other managers in the past.

I personally think he has reached his zenith and its all down hill for us and him from that point as we are seeing now and that's because in reality he is a poor to average manager.

I'm dreading January, if I were Ben Arfa et all, I'd be looking at things and thinking do you know what, I can do better than this!

And so can we. Not under Pardew though.

Pardew wouldn't be sacked unless we were in serious danger of being relegated. We've probably already got enough of a points base to ensure that wouldn't happen even if we don't improve in the slightest for the rest of the season so I don't know why people even mention the possibility.

Finishing in the top half is the ambition of the club, they've said that.

Thinking back to the Summer when all Pardew seemed to discuss was how he wanted Carroll back. That's a massive clue to me that's all he wants. To get a big lumbering striker in to build all our attacks from. Why else would we use Shola so f***ing often in 2012.

you needed that to give you a clue?

thats what we did all last season.

just because we finish 5th people seem to have develop this new romantic experience of us playing great football last season.

we didnt! it was the same, play safe play deep and launch it long.  only difference is it worked last season, this season it hasnt.

The squad thing is a massive excuse and a poor one at that we have a better squad than anyone outside the top 6 and should be winning games like this.

The issue is Pardew does not have a clue tactically at the moment or to get us to defend and attack as a unit effectively atm.

He nailed it for 7 games but since then we have been awful.

Guest firetotheworks

I can see him now at the side of the pitch at WBA away last season, watching us knock it about, peel off each other, play one-twos, play on the break, take people on, force defenders to think about us, have chance after chance and never really come under threat from the opposition and then thinking to himself, "No, this is not for me."

So f***ing frustrating.

Our squad is s***. Evaluate the bench and other squad rotation players yourself. Don't be cheated by the starting eleven.

What do you attribute the starting XI being s*** to?

Equally, do you feel the likes of WBA have a great squad?

When did we play our starting eleven this season? I can even trim the argument down further.  Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, Krul, our most important players, how many games they have been playing together this season? Last season?

We have a much better starting eleven than WBA. Then if we take away Colo for Willo, Perch for Cabaye, plues one to two suspension / injuries, would you say it is still a much better squad than WBA, who is now playing Long as a substitute? What about us? Obertan? FFS. And the keeper as well. Harper is a certainty to concede goal now. We cannot live without Krul.  What kind of squad depth is this?

If you are fuming about the performance and results, put more blame on Ashley not spending his own money please.  Pardew has his bad but has been far exaggerated here.  The squad is fucking shit.  Fully exposed this season given more matches and injuries.

I think to start clawing our way back we really need a Kevin Keegan figure who can coach good football habits on the training pitch. Otherwise we are heading for football oblivion.

ffs do not bring up KK, have you a short memory.

I said a Kevin Keegan figure, not the man himself. Basically someone who understands and appreciates the value of passing football.

What do you attribute the starting XI being s*** to?

Equally, do you feel the likes of WBA have a great squad?

When did we play our starting eleven this season? I can even trim the argument down further.  Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, Krul, our most important players, how many games they have been playing together this season? Last season?

We have a much better starting eleven than WBA. Then if we take away Colo for Willo, Perch for Cabaye, plues one to two suspension / injuries, would you say it is still a much better squad than WBA, who is now playing Long as a substitute? What about us? Obertan? FFS. And the keeper as well. Harper is a certainty to concede goal now. We cannot live without Krul.  What kind of squad depth is this?

If you are fuming about the performance and results, put more blame on Ashley not spending his own money please.  Pardew has his bad but has been far exaggerated here.  The squad is f***ing s***.  Fully exposed this season given more matches and injuries.

Your excuses are tedious.

I think to start clawing our way back we really need a Kevin Keegan figure who can coach good football habits on the training pitch. Otherwise we are heading for football oblivion.

Honestly, if only Pards coached KK's last season which lacked defensive organization and motivation. And if KK was in Pards' shoes now when we lack ideas.

I said a Kevin Keegan figure, not the man himself. Basically someone who understands and appreciates the value of passing football.

we dont have any of those,  to do that we need a former toon player who has now developed into a decent manager, the closest thing we got is Alan Shearer and that was shocking, remember.

you needed that to give you a clue?

thats what we did all last season.

just because we finish 5th people seem to have develop this new romantic experience of us playing great football last season.

we didnt! it was the same, play safe play deep and launch it long.  only difference is it worked last season, this season it hasnt.

what are you on about?

He really is a coward.

Absolutely.

Think he's just out of his depth tbh.

Agreed. I think Pards is a very good and capable PL manager. But he just doesn't have the chops to make a mid-table team a Champions League team. Which *should* be our goal as a club.

easy now. 

:lol: Which part of that statement do you object to?

the transformation of a midtable team into a champions league team, jesus its like it just rolls off your lip,. 

that is a tougher task than you may think, managers that are capable of doing that dont usually join clubs like nufc. 

This team did finish 5th last season, which I don't attribute purely to Pardew's wizardry or pure dumb luck.

Should not the goal of this club be to challenge for a Champions League spot?

Finishing 5 with or without Europe competition makes a huge difference.

To the owner, definitely a no, because it means he has to spend money.  Pretty obvious, no?

In fact there isn't a team that can transform into a champions league team without spending huge money. Probably Sir Bobby has already spent the least.

Qualifying would undoubtedly line Ashley's pockets. Even after spending to upgrade a CL squad he'd come out with a profit.

I just don't understand the mentality in English football that sees fans content with mid-table finishes. Perhaps staying afloat is good enough for teams like Wigan. But the goal for this club, as far its fans are concerned, should be to win hardware and/or qualify for Europe every single year.

I am pretty sure no owner would take that kind of "Leeds gamble" nowadays - spend before you earn  .This is especially true for Ashley after what Shepperd and Souness did before. I have been crying out that the signings of Owen and Luque were suicidal because we havent earn the money, and unfortunately my worries come true. 

No fans would want their club achieve nothing.  Just that nowadays sugardaddy is a must for that to happen. Time to regenerate the Ashley out campaign?