Alan Pardew

Dave

Yes , i remember every single post that i was shot down for questioning his tactics and lack of routine drills and style. The cowardice of not using Ben Arfa. Its all in the thread you wanna do some digging?

The only difference was we were winning marginally and everybody was happy. You were one in particular that loved it. 

I don't want to waste any more time on that. My point is simple: our squad is f***ing s***. Compare the squad with Spurs, including the bench, and see where they finished last season. You are suggesting a "appropriate manager in your mind" can immediately turn us into Man Utd and winning most of the match "more than a margin".  I don't know who that one is, and how realistic it is, I'm afraid you can't suggest anyone that would really come and work under Ashley. To me, I totally understand the limitation, and a "appropriate manager in my mind" is the one who can win most of the match marginally and consistently, GIVEN THIS SQUAD.

Bassong even couldnt get a game in Spurs and was sold.  I f***ing miss him, you know?

Our squad is s***? What utter, depressing bollocks.

Our squad is s***. Evaluate the bench and other squad rotation players yourself. Don't be cheated by the starting eleven.

What do you attribute the starting XI being s*** to?

Equally, do you feel the likes of WBA have a great squad?

When did we play our starting eleven this season? I can even trim the argument down further.  Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, Krul, our most important players, how many games they have been playing together this season? Last season?

We have a much better starting eleven than WBA. Then if we take away Colo for Willo, Perch for Cabaye, plues one to two suspension / injuries, would you say it is still a much better squad than WBA, who is now playing Long as a substitute? What about us? Obertan? FFS. And the keeper as well. Harper is a certainty to concede goal now. We cannot live without Krul.  What kind of squad depth is this?

If you are fuming about the performance and results, put more blame on Ashley not spending his own money please.  Pardew has his bad but has been far exaggerated here.  The squad is f***ing s***.  Fully exposed this season given more matches and injuries.

Your excuses are tedious.

I firmly believe I don't need to type these shit if we have signed a new CB, Debuchy and a left winger last summer too. I didn't enjoy it.  Would I?

I firmly believe I don't need to type these s*** if we have signed a new CB, Debuchy and a left winger last summer too. I didn't enjoy it.  Would I?

We've has better performances and better results with poorer players.

We lack a coherent identity; a definite plan. We have at times flirted with a fluid passing style, but have all too regularly resorted to hoofball. Pardew communicates a vision for entertaining, attacking football - he 'understands what the Newcastle public demand' - yet rarely acts upon this. He speaks of ball retention, then plays 4-4-2, the perennially useless Jonás Gutiérrez is seemingly undroppable, and the introduction of Shola Ameobi has become a regular occurrence in pursuit of improvement.  And remarkably, he dedicates 80% of available training time to defensive work and won't lead any of the offensive sessions, leaving it to the wonderfully dynamic John Carver. Offensive sessions that this week included Nile Ranger crossing balls in to Danny Simpson to finish unopposed past our 4th choice goalkeeper. Premier League, beware.

I can't decide whether he's just a liar, and has no intention of implementing a style which would be unanimously supported, or whether he just doesn't know how to. After all, this is a man who's spent the majority of his professional career working in an English footballing landscape ignorant of the continental game - a place where possession was viewed with suspicion. And, in two years, has managed to orchestrate barely a handful of competent passing displays.

I think we'll always pick up regular points under Pardew - his emphasis on defensive work ensures this - and that's not really where my criticism lies, even if we are currently useless. I dearly hope he proves me wrong, but we'll rarely be a joy to watch - and that's why I no longer want him as our manager.

Thinking back to the Summer when all Pardew seemed to discuss was how he wanted Carroll back. That's a massive clue to me that's all he wants. To get a big lumbering striker in to build all our attacks from. Why else would we use Shola so f***ing often in 2012.

you needed that to give you a clue?

thats what we did all last season.

just because we finish 5th people seem to have develop this new romantic experience of us playing great football last season.

we didnt! it was the same, play safe play deep and launch it long.  only difference is it worked last season, this season it hasnt.

what are you on about?

Not what I was saying Lunchbox. Yes we had some poor performances last year papered over by wonder goals etc. But by the end of the year we had a fluid team challenging for fourth and playing good football (yes i said it) Thinking back to home games against stoke, liverpool etc.

What I'm saying is, however we got there we found a line up and system that worked and was effective but instead of kicking on and improving the weak parts of the team(williamson,simpson) we brought in some youngsters and Anita plus constantly talking about bringing back Carroll. So that means Pardew wants to regress back to the hoof ball we saw for much of the season with the R.Taylor,Best/Ameobi line up which is quite frankly going backwards.

I firmly believe I don't need to type these s*** if we have signed a new CB, Debuchy and a left winger last summer too. I didn't enjoy it.  Would I?

We've has better performances and better results with poorer players.

Our quality of players on the field this season is actually worse than last. Or you mean during the Sir Bobby Era?

We lack a coherent identity; a definite plan. We have at times flirted with a fluid passing style, but have all too regularly resorted to hoofball. Pardew communicates a vision for entertaining, attacking football - he 'understands what the Newcastle public demand' - yet rarely acts upon this. He speaks of ball retention, then plays 4-4-2, the perennially useless Jonás Gutiérrez is seemingly undroppable, and the introduction of Shola Ameobi has become a regular occurrence in pursuit of improvement.  And remarkably, he dedicates 80% of available training time to defensive work and won't lead any of the offensive sessions, leaving it to the wonderfully dynamic John Carver. Offensive sessions that this week included Nile Ranger crossing balls in to Danny Simpson to finish unopposed past our 4th choice goalkeeper. Premier League, beware.

I can't decide whether he's just a liar, and has no intention of implementing a style which would be unanimously supported, or whether he just doesn't know how to. After all, this is a man who's spent the majority of his professional career working in an English footballing landscape ignorant of the continental game - a place where possession was viewed with suspicion. And, in two years, has managed to orchestrate barely a handful of competent passing displays.

I think we'll always pick up regular points under Pardew - his emphasis on defensive work ensures this - and that's not really where my criticism lies, even if we are currently useless. I dearly hope he proves me wrong, but we'll rarely be a joy to watch - and that's why I no longer want him as our manager.

:thup:

Our quality of players on the field this season is actually worse than last. Or you mean during the Sir Bobby Era?

Last season we still had Williamson, we had Ryan Taylor and we still had Simpson, and Obertan was getting games, we don't have to go as far back as Bobby.

I think to start clawing our way back we really need a Kevin Keegan figure who can coach good football habits on the training pitch. Otherwise we are heading for football oblivion.

ffs do not bring up KK, have you a short memory.

I said a Kevin Keegan figure, not the man himself. Basically someone who understands and appreciates the value of passing football.

we dont have any of those,  to do that we need a former toon player who has now developed into a decent manager, the closest thing we got is Alan Shearer and that was shocking, remember.

You are sort of missing the point. I don't want a local manager, I want one that understands how to coach passing football. I mentioned Keegan because he had to re-train our squad after the disastrous spell under another hoofball nazi, Sam Allardyce.

Yes , i remember every single post that i was shot down for questioning his tactics and lack of routine drills and style. The cowardice of not using Ben Arfa. Its all in the thread you wanna do some digging?

The only difference was we were winning marginally and everybody was happy. You were one in particular that loved it. 

I don't want to waste any more time on that. My point is simple: our squad is f***ing s***. Compare the squad with Spurs, including the bench, and see where they finished last season. You are suggesting a "appropriate manager in your mind" can immediately turn us into Man Utd and winning most of the match "more than a margin".  I don't know who that one is, and how realistic it is, I'm afraid you can't suggest anyone that would really come and work under Ashley. To me, I totally understand the limitation, and a "appropriate manager in my mind" is the one who can win most of the match marginally and consistently, GIVEN THIS SQUAD.

Bassong even couldnt get a game in Spurs and was sold.  I f***ing miss him, you know?

Our squad is shit. Evaluate the bench and other squad rotation players yourself. Don't be cheated by the starting eleven.

Really mate I can't be bothered. It's because of fans like you that we will end up losing our quality players while defending a manager who's ideas about football expired in 1980.

I agree

We have some fantastic talent that's been wasted by shite coaching and stifled with spanner tactics.

Last season we still had Williamson, we had Ryan Taylor and we still had Simpson, and Obertan was getting games, we don't have to go as far back as Bobby.

That's why I said Colo, Tiote and Cabaye are fucking instrumental to us. No bench players can match half of their quality.

The squad players are dreadful, though. You look at our bench and it has no goals, little guile, no defensive ability.

Little wonder the big players don't perform as well as they could when they see that rabble behind them.

People actually discussing a new manager? :yao:

It was always going to happen though.

People didn't want him here in the first place. So the first bad run of form and slipping back to garbage football was always going to put him under pressure.

I'd give him until the end of the season, but I really can't see him being the future of the club simply because he's limited in so many area's.

Guest Dontooner

Our squad is s***. Evaluate the bench and other squad rotation players yourself. Don't be cheated by the starting eleven.

What do you attribute the starting XI being s*** to?

Equally, do you feel the likes of WBA have a great squad?

When did we play our starting eleven this season? I can even trim the argument down further.  Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, Krul, our most important players, how many games they have been playing together this season? Last season?

We have a much better starting eleven than WBA. Then if we take away Colo for Willo, Perch for Cabaye, plues one to two suspension / injuries, would you say it is still a much better squad than WBA, who is now playing Long as a substitute? What about us? Obertan? FFS. And the keeper as well. Harper is a certainty to concede goal now. We cannot live without Krul.  What kind of squad depth is this?

If you are fuming about the performance and results, put more blame on Ashley not spending his own money please.  Pardew has his bad but has been far exaggerated here.  The squad is f***ing s***.  Fully exposed this season given more matches and injuries.

Your excuses are tedious.

Stopping grasping at straws. There aint many left , read the Board. Read what the majority thinks. Either you have some sort of a relation with Pardew or you think exactly like him .

People actually discussing a new manager? :yao:

It was always going to happen though.

People didn't want him here in the first place. So the first bad run of form and slipping back to garbage football was always going to put him under pressure.

I'd give him until the end of the season, but I really can't see him being the future of the club simply because he's limited in so many area's.

You actually think Mike will get rid of him? :yao:

The only scenario where he gets the boot is if we get relegated. And even then I dread to think who he'd bring in. Being his puppet is a bigger job description than their managerial ability.

I don't see how anyone can't see that the fault lies with Pardew.  He's making excuses about not having his best players but regardless of who is in our starting 11 or who we're playing the performances and more tellingly the style of our play is exactly the same.  It doesn't matter if we have a midfield 3 or 4 or it's Tiote/Cabaye or Anita/Perch etc.  The end result (i.e. the way we play) is still the same.  I don't believe we have that many crap players, as someone earlier mentioned that WBA, Swansea etc. play better football with 'worse' players than those at our disposal.

Point I was originally trying to make was that every match so far, no matter who's playing, follows the same pattern, albeit with minor variations. i.e.:

make s**** start

make mind puzzling tactical change

go 1-0 down

hoofball time

limp in to half time

Start 2nd half with no visible improvement (wonder what gets said at half times?)

more hoofball

lose 2nd goal

bring shola on

write some meaningless s**** in the little black pad he carries

game over

make excuse for not having x,y,z in the squad which 'really hurt us' today

Hope I'm wrong but I think his tactical numpty-ness is starting to show big time.

Martinez would be a dream, his Wigan team are really shaping up.

He'd be a great match for the players we have. Unfortunately, there's no chance of this happening.

The thing is you don't know how certain players would react.  Take Ben Arfa for example, he may dislike someone like Martinez if he came in.

Guest bimpy474

cant be assed anymore, fed up.

Same here, i cant even touch FM despite my legendary brilliance at it. Football is gay when makes you feel down.

cant be assed anymore, fed up.

Same here, i cant even touch FM despite my legendary brilliance at it. Football is gay when makes you feel down.

I sort of wrote this season off after last week, although it pains me to say it. I laughed at someone who mentioned after the Liverpool game how well placed we were with four winnable games coming up. No doubt some bright spark will still pipe up we are only x number of points behind Spurs.