Alan Pardew

Dave

I'm starting to think that every week we keep him we're going backwards.  He has no desire to make us an attacking threat whatsoever.

Like I said in the match thread, some of our players are going backwards this season.

We looked like a Roeder side tonight.

Hah, was just thinking that and came to post it.

Well, a night which should have been a stress-free break from the rigours and rubbish of the Premier League turned into... that.

In a way though, it's actually quite funny-... no, wait, that other thing.. fucking galling... that the goal we conceded is likely to entrench Pardew's thinking that the root of all our problems lie with our lack of defensive stability. Our defence has been shoddy lately though, it's true. Tim Krul, by his own high standards, should justifiably feel very disappointed with that goal. Saylor should feel damn right ashamed. The Danny Simpson school of defending that - trying(/hoping) to usher them away, rather than standing up to a player who is running at you on the 6 yard-line. Ffs.

Maritimo's squad has been funded by a sovereign state though, like. They even have their own island. Pardew can't be expected to compete with that. He's still manager of the year, we finished 5th and we're through to the next round. Some fans are so fickle.

Tonight is the first time I've been concerned about us. Up until now it's been frustrating but tonight was genuinely worrying.

If we don't win at the weekend Pardew is going to really start to feel some pressure from fans.

Ive never uderstood the "going to control the midfield" line, Ive rarely seen us do it.  Last season we would go a goal up and then just cling on for dear life, the odd game this season has been the same but recently it has taken a turn for the worse.

Specualtion time???

Summik up with Pards and the board?

I dont care about us at the moment.

Woke up and my choice was between finding a stream for the last half an hour of this or watching the NFL.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!

(except Pardew, I hope his turkey has AIDS)

Didn't think the line up was that bad! sammy shone...

The fact that the line-up was entirely reasonable just makes the performance more unacceptable like. Even when he seemingly sets us up to attack, we don't. Or can't.