Alan Pardew

Dave

Under SBR did Carver work on breaking teams down like he now does under Pardew? I think I know the answer btw. I just don't understand this whole set up and more importantly, it's clearly not working.

Carver shouldn't be in any position of importance whatsoever. Bobby used him for a bit if banter with the lads, which is about his level.

At this point I'd quite like to hear from Neil and about how he felt/the reasons for Everton's 17th place finish after finishing 4th. I need the motivation to help me try and see the long game. Im not used to it as a Newcastle fan.

Good point. Moyes "was" almost Pardew in March 2002, joined late season and did ok, great first full season, toilet second season. They hung on to him and its hard to argue that they made a mistake...

Guest malandro

I don't have any idea if they are good or bad coaches but bringing in Carver and Stone was at least partly a PR exercise. Probably cheap as well.

Ashley being willing to take the risk.

:yao:

I don't think it's as open and shut as you make it out to be tbh.

I agree Ashley wants to run the club on the cheap but I also don't think he's going to be happy to just stay in the Premiership, playing shit football along the way. He's not going to be bringing in any big transfer fees for players if our players look absolutely clueless out there either. How much would Cisse have gone for in the summer? Now compare it to how much he'd go for now, after spending three months looking like Ali Dia out there due to us looking fucking clueless?

Need to get the team back to basics and just go out and keep things simple and pass THE ball.  Can't fault the effort and commitment of the players tonight or in any game this season but the lack of quality and general play is dreadful.

Under Pardew we have two methods of playing a game:

1) We score first, then our heart stops and we lose any sort of interest and momentum in winning the game and sit deeper and deeper, letting the oppo have as much of the ball as they like, tearing us apart on the break whenever we venture forward, and eventually concede (not winning the game).

or

2) We start completely disjointed and lethargic, unable to string two passes together as we disgracefully play it long to our isolated striker(s). The opposition score and we give it 'a go' in the last 20 minutes when its too late, by either giving the ball to Ben Arfa and watch him try and beat 11 opposing players or we hoof it into the box and hope to win the scraps and poke it in.

It's absolutely desperate and rotten to watch. This honestly reminds me of when Allardyce was in charge, it's truly woeful. I wish Pardew would pack his bags tonight and leave, he doesn't deserve to be within 10 miles of this great club let alone managing it. Tonight summed it all up.

I wonder how much the players believe in his tactics. It must be amazingly disturbing for some of our foreign players, to come from good footballing styles and coaches, to this.

I dont think they believe in it at all, and that makes us even more ultra callaway limited edt. shit.

This game stunk of Graeme Souness syndrome. Pards needed a win for his own reputation so he paraded an unnecessarily strong team in a meaningless game. So we ended up losing two key players in an attempt to massage Pardew's ego. That's without even going into the mechanics of the game itself.

Guest malandro

Ashley being willing to take the risk.

:yao:

I don't think it's as open and shut as you make it out to be tbh.

I agree Ashley wants to run the club on the cheap but I also don't think he's going to be happy to just stay in the Premiership, playing s*** football along the way. He's not going to be bringing in any big transfer fees for players if our players look absolutely clueless out there either. How much would Cisse have gone for in the summer? Now compare it to how much he'd go for now, after spending three months looking like Ali Dia out there due to us looking f***ing clueless?

A valid point but probably a minor one. You only have to look around the inside of SJP to see where his priorities lie, and how little value he places on aesthetics. It pains me to say it but SJP has become an eyesore, probably the ugliest stadium in the PL after Wigan.

This game stunk of Graeme Souness syndrome. Pards needed a win for his own reputation so he paraded an unnecessarily strong team in a meaningless game. So we ended up losing two key players in an attempt to massage Pardew's ego. That's without even going into the mechanics of the game itself.

Even Souness's team would regularly turn up on a Thursday and give some minnows a good pasting.

Guest neesy111

Even Souness's team would regularly turn up on a Thursday and give some minnows a good pasting.

Remember beating Olympiakos 4-0 in what was probably one of the best performances that season.

Guest malandro

How the hell did we get here in five and half months? :(

Via five years of spin and bad boardroom decisions?

If things don't pick up soon we'll be back where we were when Ashely took over but with an extra £60m or so of debt and a ground that looks like a dart players shirt.

Hard to say much without sounding wildly OTT so I'll give him the next two games before I wade in here. Two games which we won (Saints=any relegated) last season with the kind of gritty performances we seem so keen to emulate this season.

Guest bimpy474

This clueless silver fuckwit is making my life miserable, as if it isn't miserable enough with the creature from the hideous lagoon needing birthday and x-mas gifts.

Bimpy you aren't half a sod to Mrs Bimps. Poor woman.

Well tbf to me, she is a hard woman to like, like :lol:

I worry we've gone past the point now of problems that can be solved with selection or tactical decisions on a given matchday. There is quite clearly something critically wrong with the way the players are being coached and I honestly don't know how we're going to put it right.