Alan Pardew

Dave

Made the changes that got us a point, bad officiating or not. Baines and Pienaar were very quiet second half, and we roared back in fashion. :thup:

I think you have to give him credit for trying the formation/personnel we started the game with. It didn't work but fair do's for trying it.

Indeed, a quick look in the pre-match thread will confirm this as well. Changes were spot on, and for me, right back is where Anita should play; especially when Tiote returns.

Putting Anita and Jonas on the right was very clever. Credit where its due.

:thup: This was the key change for me. It allowed us to get off the backfoot and let Demba do his thing.

Perch to centre mid gave us alot more presence in the middle as well.

Addressed the problems and fired us up brilliantly for 2nd half. With the injuries we went there with, a point is terrific, albeit not really deserved considering they should have had two goals more.

Bold move to change things from the start, honest of him to change it again. Perch going into DM was a real game changer for us IMO. Jonas put in a superb performance work-rate wise and was a big plus second half.

Looking at our fixtures, I think we've had a decent start this season. They had conceded two goals in 10 at home. Losing at Chelsea was sort of expected, the Villa game was disappointing, but not many teams will go to Goodison and get a point with their three best defensive players missing.

Onwards.

The scene with him and mobile phone :smitten:

Norwegian commentator reckoned he wasn´t allowed to do that, and might end up getting his ban extended. Is that true?

They can't ban him from using a phone man :lol:

He was clearly communicating with the bench. I thought it sounded weird, but as mentioned, the commentator said it might not be legal. Had to make sure it was only bull.

Guest bimpy474

I know we haven't won a match from behind in ages, but 5 of our 6 games so far this season we've scored the last and decisive goal in the match.

Never give up attitude, been a long time since i could say that with such smugness.

Norwegian commentator reckoned he wasn´t allowed to do that, and might end up getting his ban extended. Is that true?

He was clearly communicating with the bench. I thought it sounded weird, but as mentioned, the commentator said it might not be legal. Had to make sure it was only bull.

WTF are you talking about? He was on the phone to Demba's lass.

The decision to go 4-4-2 but with Ben Arfa on the left and Jonas on the right was exactly correct and more importantly, a decision that he's never seemed to want to make in the past but now has.

That was the main problem with our previous attempt at that formation. You can't play that way with the majority of the wide players on their wrong foot, it leaves things predictable and unbalanced. I really don't mind us going 4-4-2 with more natural wide players in their right places but I would still like to see that system we played against Liverpool, Swansea, West Brom et al last season when Tiote is back.

The decision to go 4-4-2 but with Ben Arfa on the left and Jonas on the right was exactly correct and more importantly, a decision that he's never seemed to want to make in the past but now has.

That was the main problem with our previous attempt at that formation. You can't play that way with the majority of the wide players on their wrong foot, it leaves things predictable and unbalanced. I really don't mind us going 4-4-2 with more natural wide players in their right places but I would still like to see that system we played against Liverpool, Swansea, West Brom et al last season when Tiote is back.

Absolutely. I still don't think 4-4-2 suits us in the majority of scenarios, but the overriding issue with it is that it's horrendously unbalanced. I couldn't understand why Ben Arfa was down the left in the other formation first half; because he's so good on the right when we have that sort of set-up. But in the second half, we were so much more balanced and it worked for us.

Guest bimpy474

Reckon that was Mike Bassett bollocking at half time.

Someone post that clip please. Any reason to watch it again. :lol:

Much better. :cool:

The ref :lol:

Illegal in Europe not in the Premier League.

Back on topic, given the opposition we've played 5 points is a fair return. I bet if you asked most neutrals to predict our first 4 games, they'd have us on 4 points, maybe even 3.

3 points off 3rd. If we'd won against Villa no-one would be looking at the first four games as a bad start.

Back on topic, given the opposition we've played 5 points is a fair return. I bet if you asked most neutrals to predict our first 4 games, they'd have us on 4 points, maybe even 3.

The way we've played is far more of a concern. We need to build on the second half tonight, luck included.