Alan Pardew

Dave

Doesn't matter does it? Cisse hasn't worked on the right for half a season why play him there again then? Might as well ahve benched him for Everton if we had been practicing the 4-3-3.

Pardew lost the plot last night and we lost yet another game because of his mistakes.

Oh and I called Pardew a lesser version of Sven-Göran Eriksson last season but got loads of stick. The man is a replica, when everything is going well he's very good but he can't change a match. He doesn't have that ability, just like Sven.

For a manager who regularly goes through 3 or 4 formation changes per game because he's set us up incorrectly to say that he couldn't  find a way at any point in the 90 minutes to have Cisse up front is completely laughable.

The excuses trotted out by some that we had to put Shola in there due to the way we'd prepared for the game in advance is f***ing idiotic.

There were 3 spare days between the Arsenal and Everton games, and i imagine one was just resting after a hectic schedule. So that's two full days of training. And Ba met with f***ing Chelsea the day after the Arsenal match for christ's sake so if Pardew's honestly preparing to use him during this game the man is off his rocker.

What's more, if he's looking to play 4-3-3 - guess what - we already have a perfect tailor made replacement ready who can play down the middle in that formation and score shedloads - his name is Papiss Cisse. He's played that role many, many times - the idea that he can't due to lacking preparation is nuts. Remember when he signed? Newly returned from ACON, and Pardew put Best in the starting lineup (lol), he got injured, Cisse came on with no preparation, looked the dog's bollocks and scored.

On top of that, while Shola has his uses as an impact sub, he's good for 25 minutes tops in a game - starting him and keeping him on til the end is madness.

The only slight glimmer of sense i can see to it is that he was brought in to cope with Everton's aerial prowess - in which case you've just picked your main striker as, let's face it, a goddamn defender, while keeping your best striker - one who has wished to play centrally all season - stuck out in purgatory on the wing. And if we're led to believe this horseshit theory about Ba intending to play that role - he was also planning to use him as a battering ram, another mis-use of his talents to go along with how he's wasted others or turned them into crap this season.

It's another one of those Souness-esque moments for me and there's been too many recently.

Fuck me. More eloquent and spot on than anything I could drum up in my posts.

:thup:

...and boom goes the dynamite. :thup:

For a manager who regularly goes through 3 or 4 formation changes per game because he's set us up incorrectly to say that he couldn't  find a way at any point in the 90 minutes to have Cisse up front is completely laughable.

The excuses trotted out by some that we had to put Shola in there due to the way we'd prepared for the game in advance is f***ing idiotic.

There were 3 spare days between the Arsenal and Everton games, and i imagine one was just resting after a hectic schedule. So that's two full days of training. And Ba met with f***ing Chelsea the day after the Arsenal match for christ's sake so if Pardew's honestly preparing to use him during this game the man is off his rocker.

What's more, if he's looking to play 4-3-3 - guess what - we already have a perfect tailor made replacement ready who can play down the middle in that formation and score shedloads - his name is Papiss Cisse. He's played that role many, many times - the idea that he can't due to lacking preparation is nuts. Remember when he signed? Newly returned from ACON, and Pardew put Best in the starting lineup (lol), he got injured, Cisse came on with no preparation, looked the dog's bollocks and scored.

On top of that, while Shola has his uses as an impact sub, he's good for 25 minutes tops in a game - starting him and keeping him on til the end is madness.

The only slight glimmer of sense i can see to it is that he was brought in to cope with Everton's aerial prowess - in which case you've just picked your main striker as, let's face it, a goddamn defender, while keeping your best striker - one who has wished to play centrally all season - stuck out in purgatory on the wing. And if we're led to believe this horseshit theory about Ba intending to play that role - he was also planning to use him as a battering ram, another mis-use of his talents to go along with how he's wasted others or turned them into crap this season.

It's another one of those Souness-esque moments for me and there's been too many recently.

f*** me. More eloquent and spot on than anything I could drum up in my posts.

How much preparation would it have taken to play Shola on the right and Cisse down the middle?

About two sentences........ are we THAT inflexible?

Oh and I called Pardew a lesser version of Sven-Göran Eriksson last season but got loads of stick. The man is a replica, when everything is going well he's very good but he can't change a match. He doesn't have that ability, just like Sven.

My Lord ... what an insult to Sven-Göran Eriksson.

f*** me. More eloquent and spot on than anything I could drum up in my posts.

How much preparation would it have taken to play Shola on the right and Cisse down the middle?

About two sentences........ are we THAT inflexible?

The only reason i can think of playing Cisse on the right and Shola in the middle..is Shola hasn't got the legs to get back and help the full back out.  Cisse was helpling out at the back way to much, good on the lad fopr the effort but Id rather see him on the half way line keeping their centrebacks worried about a break away.

never mind

Guest neesy111

Shola should be 4th choice maximum, the fact he's now 2nd in the pecking order speaks volumes about our current predicament.

Guest reefatoon

Shola should be 4th choice maximum, the fact he's now 2nd in the pecking order speaks volumes about our current predicament.

Shola shouldn't be anywhere near a team playing European football.  When you look back at it.  Ipswich sniffed around but the useless twat failed a medical and he was on loan at Stoke (who didn't even play him!)  That's about the stamp of the useless fucker.

The excuses trotted out by some that we had to put Shola in there due to the way we'd prepared for the game in advance is fucking idiotic.

There were 3 spare days between the Arsenal and Everton games, and i imagine one was just resting after a hectic schedule. So that's two full days of training. And Ba met with fucking Chelsea the day after the Arsenal match for christ's sake so if Pardew's honestly preparing to use him during this game the man is off his rocker.

Love that post. :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

With the current players that we have, I honestly think that he puts Shola and Cisse on some kind of par, but with different attributes.

I think it speaks volumes that this debate is being had about 5/6 years after the first time it reared it's head. :lol:

My Lord ... what an insult to Sven-Göran Eriksson.

Lesser, and Sven was a manager of this exact same type. Sven-Göran Eriksson is one of the most overrated managers of all time. Just like Pardew he had his fair share of scouts who found players for him. A manager should be judged on the ability to win games and change games whenever they are down. Sven lacked that.

The stupid twat can't keep the same shape for 60 mins before shitting his pants and throwing his plans in the air, yet we have to prepare for a week to play a centre forward on the wing :lol:

The excuses trotted out by some that we had to put Shola in there due to the way we'd prepared for the game in advance is fucking idiotic.

There were 3 spare days between the Arsenal and Everton games, and i imagine one was just resting after a hectic schedule. So that's two full days of training. And Ba met with fucking Chelsea the day after the Arsenal match for christ's sake so if Pardew's honestly preparing to use him during this game the man is off his rocker.

Hallelujah!

Guest sicko2ndbest

When he is able to put out the following side with the following bench then and only then should he be judged

...................Krul................

Debuchy...Taylor...Colo.....Santon

...............Anita.....Tiote............

HBA................Cabaye..........Marv

..................Cisse.......................

Jonas

Simpson

Shola

Bigi

Taylor

Willo

New CF

When he is able to put out the following side with the following bench then and only then should he be judged

...................Krul................

Debuchy...Taylor...Colo.....Santon

...............Anita.....Tiote............

HBA................Cabaye..........Marv

..................Cisse.......................

Jonas

Simpson

Shola

Bigi

Taylor

Willo

New CF

:thup: Harsh as fuck to judge him based on how he copes with the same trials and tribulations that other managers face. Knee jerking bastards.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Jonas as sub goalie? Don't be so f***ing mental, get out of here.

If its good enough for Jose, it's good enough for Jonas

Ideally we'd keep him for now, mainly because we're in the middle of a transfer window. If we we haven't seen a great improvement in results and gameplan when we've reached februari, sack the cunt and maybe, just maybe the new manager could give everyone a lift and have a great run for the rest of the season. Can't see it happening, but if we could get a quality manager we might be able to keep our players for next season. This transfer window and the uncertainty around which idiot Ashley would replace him with would make this moment the worst to sack him.

Might as well see how the rest of the season pans out, now isn't the time to be making any major changes. I just can't see us going anywhere under Pardew after that though. Ashley has to bite the bullet and invest in a proper manager come the summer. If he doesn't know how to do it, he should headhunt someone who does.