Alan Pardew

Dave

It is understood that dismissal would guarantee Newcastle's manager one year's salary

That bit in particular is interesting.

It was interesting about two weeks ago :laugh:

Guest Eggenberger

Thats what he told cabaye "with you, everything changes"

http://www.hoofball.co.nz/Images/DSC05539_websize.JPG

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/289496/Alan-Pardew-needs-to-sort-out-player-war-before-Newcaslte-blow-up-warns-Malcolm-Macdonald/

ALAN PARDEW NEEDS TO SORT OUT PLAYER WAR BEFORE NEWCASLTE BLOW UP WARNS MALCOLM MACDONALD

Macdonald said: “I’m just telling it as I see it and it’s like a slow-motion car crash before my eyes.

“There’s no communication on the pitch. Players aren’t looking out for each other. There’s no team spirit.

“Okay, people who disagree will say Newcastle played well against Man City. Yes, they did and got beaten 3-1.

“You can play all the best football you want and still get relegated. If Newcastle don’t snap themselves out of this dreadful situation my worry is that they will get relegated.

“They must put arguments aside and go about the job in a professional way. Put the club and the supporters first and not their squabbles.

“Newcastle have Man United, Arsenal and Everton coming up – three of the top six. If they don’t buck up their ideas by the time January comes around they’ll be looking to bring in players.

“But they are not going to get the quality they need because players will look at the league table and say, ‘I’m not joining you, you’re going down’.

It’s like a disease eating away at the club and it’s spreading like wildfire.

“It’s a nightmare. Excuses are being made without people pin-pointing what’s really gone wrong.

It seems to me as if there’s a battle going on between the French and Spanish - speaking players.

“I’m seeing things on the pitch which don’t add up. I saw Gutierrez come in from wide left into centre midfield  and stand by Cabaye as if he was man-to-man marking.

Cabaye gestured to get back to the left and Gutierrez ignored him. So Cabaye just shrugged his shoulders and went out to play on the left.

“That was the first indication that something was seriously wrong.

“I’m just seeing people not getting on.

“You don’t have to like each other. But you go out on that pitch and treat everyone the same.

“When you have a dressing room situation, the first things to suffer are results and performances. And Newcastle’s have been dreadful.

“One or two players are looking around thinking, ‘What the hell is going on?’

“Ben Arfa looks like he’s getting sick and tired of it all. He’s not joining either camp but is obviously upset with the situation.

“The divide is complicated but it’s cutting the cake into slices. It’s totally damaging.

“The manager has got to sit down with the players and get it sorted. But he’s got one hell of a situation on his hands.

“How do you mend it? You need people wanting to work together. Just one look at the table tells you how serious it is. It’s there for all to see.”

Some interesting stuff , am I putting that on the wrong topic ?  ???

Spoke to someone in my local this evening who knows Steve Harper. Harper basically told him similar to MacDonald's quotes above - French and Spanish speakers not getting on, and Ba just does whatever the f*** he wants.

Also reckoned the French in our sqaud were really unhappy that Debuchy didn't arrive.

In a corner of Newcastle United's training ground canteen four players sit playing cards, seemingly oblivious to the world around them. For Jonás Gutiérrez, Fabricio Coloccini, Xisco and Davide Santon shuffling, dealing and trumping forms a regular post-lunch ritual, a chance to temporarily forget about the team's poor form and share a few jokes in Spanish.

"Davide's Italian but our languages are not so different and we understand each other," says Gutiérrez in near flawless English. "It's not like French – we have a lot of French speakers in our dressing room but I don't really understand a word. It doesn't matter though because I talk to most of the lads in English – except Xisco; he only speaks Spanish."

That's from the Jonas article.  Kind of goes with what MacDonald was saying.

Xisco has never done anything but none of the other 3 are performing well at the moment.

If you look at the latest poll figures on here, those who have either voted that they are losing faith with Pardew or that they never had much in the first place, together come to 81%....

That is massively at odds with Taylor's assertion that the fans are basically happy with the manager.

The truth is that most fans are resigned to the fact that Ashley is always going to be hesitant to strengthen the side WHEN MOST NEEDED, and that they know that he is unlikely to get the type of manager we need, hence no protest because it wouldn't achieve anything.

internet people on here vs. the average fan is something totally different if you ask me like, work with kid who's been going to the match since was 3 and he's got nothing bad to say about pardew whatsoever like, all the blame is on the part of injuries and ashley

beggars belief like

Tbf it doesn't mean we want to hoof....

For one thing he mentioned pace and no hoofball merchant is pacey.....

Odd thing to say.

Name a target man around who is quick, Drogba was the only one in recent years and he had much more to his game than your standard target man.

Lukaku and Benteke, just off the top off my head.

Lukaku is not that quick. Not sure if he's any quicker than Cisse, really.

Don't be fooled by his frame! That guy can motor trust me.

I watched WBA play Fulham the other night and whilst they lost, they caused Fulham all sorts of problems in the second half, and Lukaku was behind much of this with his mobility and holding of the ball. It was a game well worth watching and tons better than most of the rubbish we have served up this season because WBA ran so well off the ball that they always had plenty of attacking options.

Berbatov had a great game for Fulham too, basically down to him that they won.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/03/alan-pardew-newcastle-manager

Why Alan Pardew seems safe despite Newcastle's nightmare season

The Magpies have lost nine of their last 11 league games, but there are no calls for the manager's head. There are plenty of good reasons

Louise Taylor

The Guardian, Thursday 3 January 2013 21.59 GMT

Jump to comments (12)

As Alan Pardew acknowledges, his Newcastle United side's run of nine defeats in their last 11 Premier League games is "awful" but despite relegation worries and the impending departure of leading scorer Demba Ba to Chelsea, there are no calls for the manager's head on Tyneside, no talk of 'crisis'. Although very much at odds with the club's turbulent image, such understanding is perhaps explained by the healthy stock of plausible answers to almost every question asked of Pardew's regime.

Why are fans not protesting?

Stockholm Syndrome

What about Pardew's ego?

Still got it

Are there enough British players in the dressing room?

At least one too many, Ameobi

Why are they playing so many long balls and how can Mathieu Debuchy fit in?

See Question two

Is Pardew's eight-year contract keeping him in a job?

Who knows?

NEWCASTLE United could miss out on a centre-back this month after manager Alan Pardew admitted Demba Ba’s replacement has become the sole focus of his transfer policy.

The Magpies have been a centre-back light throughout Pardew’s tenure, a problem they intended to address in this transfer window. That now depends on who they can bring in as an attacker – not necessarily a centre-forward – when, and at what cost.

With Chelsea due to pay just £7.5m for Ba – and a large chunk of that owed to the player – owner Mike Ashley will have to invest extra money for a good quality replacement. Newcastle are prioritising that, and will reassess with regards to defenders only when a forward has been landed.

“It’s going to depend a lot on how much the striker costs us,” Pardew explained yesterday. “That’s something I think we’ll come to later in the window.

“The return to fitness of Steven Taylor and getting (Mathieu) Debuchy has helped us massively, but I still think perhaps another (defender) is what we need.”

Debuchy’s £5.5m arrival from Lille, expected today, will address another long-term problem in Newcastle’s squad. Pardew has been targeting a full-back since it became clear in 2011 agreement could not be reached with Danny Simpson, whose contract expires this summer.

Even if he is signed before today’s noon deadline, right-back Debuchy will not feature at Brighton and Hove Albion in the FA Cup. He should make his debut at Norwich City in the Premier League a week tomorrow.

Debuchy was a player Newcastle tried and failed to sign in August, as was central defender Douglas. Reports in Holland this week suggest Twente are now prepared to sell Brazil-born Douglas, like Debuchy for less than in the summer.

One of the barriers to signing Douglas was the huge fees his representatives were entitled to if he left for over 10m (£8.2m). After failing to get Douglas to drop his demands, Twente are prepared to sell for a fee small enough to stop the clause being activated.

Reading and Inter Milan were also linked with the 24-year-old in August, so Newcastle may not be in a position to bide their time.

Ba’s departure will see Papiss Cissé revert to his preferred position at centre-forward. What role Ba’s replacement fills is unclear even to the manager, but he must be a goalscorer.

“There are a couple of options for me, (including) one who plays on the side which would push (Yohan) Cabaye forward to play in a loose No.10 role,” Pardew said. “It is a role he’s done very well for us in the past.

“If we find a striker or a wide player he needs to be a recognised goalscorer. There are a couple of strikers/wide players and a couple of strikers we think would link up well with Papiss.”

Marseille’s Loïc Rémy fits the “striker/wide player” tag, while another target, St Etienne’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, plays as a lone striker. Although West Bromwich Albion’s Peter Odemwingie is comfortable wide, the 31-year-old’s age means he is not being considered.

Although Pardew admits the proposition of joining Newcastle has changed since the summer, he does not think their pulling power has been diminished by poor league form.

“I saw (Debuchy) on Wednesday night and it was difficult to explain to him the situation we’re in,” he said. “In the summer he probably thought we were going to be a top-eight side. He understands we’ve had some unusual conditions this year and if we can get our best team out there, there’s no doubt we’ve got a great side. I don’t really think that (selling the club) is a problem. The problem you’ve got is getting a striker in this window, it’s not easy.”

it begins, starting the letting us down process already :lol:

i like the implication that we're not getting a big fee for ba so this in some way hinders our moves...we got the cunt free in the first place when we were bidding 10m for other strikers about the place at the same time

i like the implication that we're not getting a big fee for ba so this in some way hinders our moves...we got the cunt free in the first place when we were bidding 10m for other strikers about the place at the same time

Maybe if we had spent that £10m in the summer we wouldn't have bought Cisse [/devil's advocate]

Maybe if we had spent that £10m in the summer we wouldn't have bought Cisse [/devil's advocate]

no doubt about it, doesn't change the fact we needed 2 strikers after carrol...we got one free and paid 10m for cisse

no point fucking crying about not getting a massive fee for ba, nothing has changed

Problem is even with Debuchy at the back which will sure things up a bit in terms of defending and keeping the ball Saylor could quite easily re-injure himself as proved before and then you're back to square one relying on Williamson.

Goals win matches so I suppose if you had to choose one or the other we have to bring in a striker to cover Ba's departure. But that's still russion roulette leaving the centre back position hideously exposed. But BOTH ffs

Even if we don't have the money to spend big there just has to be some half decent cheap stoppers out there that would be a better option than Williamson.

How much is Djourou going for?  Would be an infinitely better option than Williamson and wouldn't cost the earth.

Problem is even with Debuchy at the back which will sure things up a bit in terms of defending and keeping the ball Saylor could quite easily re-injure himself as proved before and then you're back to square one relying on Williamson.

Goals win matches so I suppose if you had to choose one or the other we have to bring in a striker to cover Ba's departure. But that's still russion roulette leaving the centre back position hideously exposed. But BOTH ffs

Exactly and we've all known this for ages now ...Saylor is ALWAYS an injury risk and a new CB should have been brought in last summer.

To skimp on it now would be nothing short of stupid because it puts our PL place in jeopardy....if Ashley had done the right thing in summer, we wouldn't be having half these problems now.