Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest tollemache

Yeah I think he fucked up, but it might just have been something as minor as not communicating very well with Cabaye, as that Guardian article suggests. From that, the whole fuck-up pretty much sprung. If he has an inkling Cabaye will come off, he doesn't take Marveaux off.

That's about as charitable as I can be I think. No doubt he ballsed it up in some way or another.

The Cabaye one doesn't even warrant discussion. He's injured, wants to come off, so you take him off. The fact that there was any booing whatsoever, from anyone, at that point beggars belief. It was very, very blatantly a fitness issue. Reminds me of when we had people complaining on here about Ben Arfa coming off against Fulham, like there was any chance whatsoever it was a tactical change.

The Marveaux sub on the other hand was genuinely weird.

Weird is a strange choice of word. Bad, poor, shit, terrible, expected?

Weird would suggest an element of surprise, however that substitution pretty much sums Pardew up doesn't it? Nowt weird about it, it's just shit management.

Guest tollemache

Just checked Stats Zone data as I mentioned earlier, and tbf Marveaux seems basically not to have done anything in the second half, while Shola seemed quite busy just after half time.

Small consolation I know

Marveaux set up our best chance in that half with a smart pass, which Shola ballooned over. You could see they were wary of him and his pace, they won the psychological battle as soon as he went off and pushed up a few yards too. He could have at least been switched to the wing.

Guest firetotheworks

Stats will never show mentality. They'll never show what Marveaux stopped Reading from doing just by him being there.

This is an extreme example and I'm only using it to make a point in an exaggerated way, but say for example Messi/Ronaldo/Ben Arfa/Walcott is stood on the right wing and they're having a quiet second half, just walking about not really doing anything. Before the match the opposition have been told about his strengths and good form and to keep an eye on him, stay vigilant, don't leave any space, don't get forward, don't let him exploit you.

The manager then takes him off and puts on a defensive midfielder with absolutely zero creativity. As far as I'm concerned that substitution is one for the opposition, regardless of how quiet they are perceived to be.

Just checked Stats Zone data as I mentioned earlier, and tbf Marveaux seems basically not to have done anything in the second half, while Shola seemed quite busy just after half time.

Small consolation I know

Marveaux won't do much. He might set up a goal though.

Also he helps us keep possession whereas Perch implicitly invites pressure onto us.

A fellow NUFC supporter just asked me if I'd accept Dalglish as manager over Pardew right now. I had to be honest and say yes.

:scared:

Me too :scared:

Thank you, but no.

Not on your nelly.

Fuck that. I'd rather sack Pardew then hire him again on a 10 year deal then have that deluded, senile old fool take charge of us (again).

Small consolation I know

Just checked the score, not much consolation at all man.

Guest neesy111

A fellow NUFC supporter just asked me if I'd accept Dalglish as manager over Pardew right now. I had to be honest and say yes.

:scared:

Me too :scared:

Funnily enough, we had this conversation during the match on saturday.  We said Yes as well. :okay:

Id rather we backed Pardew with money on 3 signings to strengthen our obvious weaknesses over getting rid of him. Mainly because I can't imagine we would get a manager in that would be much better and it could harm our chances in getting the right players in right now.

If we are not backing him with money then we need a new manager who can not make the god awful mistakes with what we have.

- Pardew doesn't choose the recruitments. He has no say whatsoever. And rightly so because Carr does an excellent job.

- Why would a player want to play for Pardew in particular? His scintilating brand of attacking football? Don't make me spit my fucking coffee out.

- As for being able to get a better manager, we could just promote the tea lady. At least she'd probably put the wingers on the right sides and know that Shola's shit.

All your arguments for keeping Pardew are irrelevant.

Eh?

Where have I said Pardew decides who we sign? - Simply stated he needs better players in the squad covering our weaker points. Even Pardew has said it in public that we need signings to avoid the drop.

No idea what your second point is getting at in regards of my post. Fwiw, these french lads don't seem to have much of a problem talking to the club and playing under him.

Your last point is not even worth discussing.

It's as if you've made up things around my post to attack. I'm guessing your hell bent on Pardew being sacked immediately?

Dogleash ffs. Do people not remember him nearly relegating us before?

Like Pardew is doing....

Yes, lets sack a manager who might relegate us and replace him with a manager who may also get us relegated (and nearly did once). Neesy, you're a fucking genius.

At least he wouldn't play Shola on the wing. Tell me, where is pardew taking us currently?

I'm not saying Pardew should stay I'm saying that if we sack him we should actually go for a competent manager. Dalglish is anything but a competent manager. A change has to be an improvement not like for like (although KD is probably worse than AP).