Alan Pardew

Dave

If he relegates a squad that has: Ben Arfa,Cabaye,Cisse,Coloccini,Santon,Debuchy,Krul,Tiote,Marveaux,Anita,(Mbiwa,Sissoko,gouffran) and had Ba for half a season.  Then he would have to go down as one of the worst managers we ever had no matter what happened last season.

It looks like Ashley's chosen to back rather than sack if the latest signings go through as expected. No more excuses after this.

I think I can actually understand this decision from Ashley's point of view - he sacks Pardew and we go down anyway then he would be absolutely ripped for ditching the current Manager of the year for his first difficult run. He knows from last time that a new manager in no way means survival.

I'm guessing he's hearing from inside the club that the players are broadly still behind the manager so thinks investing a bit to give him some new players is the best option. Time will tell....

I think people are forgetting that we were shite from pretty much the beginning of the 2nd half. He's clearly sent us out to hang on, we dropped deeper, stopped hassling, debuchy was pushing forward less. Irrespective of the subs, that was awful

True, not sure how much was a decision to defend and how much was a combination of Reading coming out fast and the natural desire of nervous players to protect a lead.

Pardew does this all the time. I can't see players like that going out there and thinking themselves 'right hang onto this lead, Ian Harte is gonna be going at us all half, better defend this 1 goal now since there is no way we can score another at home against the might of Reading'. Let's remember a good half(at least) of our side are champions league level players here Ian.

Obviously they didn't think like that, but it's a fact that (even subconsciously) players can retreat when leading, especially when nervous and short of confidence. Not trying to downplay Pardew's role, obviously it's his job to stop/correct it.

Fairly play man, just think any manager worth managing us should have that team out there with no doubt in their minds that we have to get a second goal.

If he relegates a squad that has: Ben Arfa,Cabaye,Cisse,Coloccini,Santon,Debuchy,Krul,Tiote,Marveaux,Anita,(Mbiwa,Sissoko,gouffran) and had Ba for half a season.  Then he would have to go down as one of the worst managers we ever had no matter what happened last season.

It looks like Ashley's chosen to back rather than sack if the latest signings go through as expected. No more excuses after this.

I think I can actually understand this decision from Ashley's point of view - he sacks Pardew and we go down anyway then he would be absolutely ripped for ditching the current Manager of the year for his first difficult run. He knows from last time that a new manager in no way means survival.

I'm guessing he's hearing from inside the club that the players are broadly still behind the manager so thinks investing a bit to give him some new players is the best option. Time will tell....

My view is that it's just delaying the inevitable, although understandable in that we won't have an upheaval at this stage of the season. But better players will only mask his failings to a point. We'll still have his bizarre substitutions and the strange urges to play centre forwards on the wing. It will be interesting to see how our passing develops once we get a few better players in.

I just watched the replay of espn press pack from yesterday and even they notice we haven't a clue what were doing with the ball.. The guy said he doesn't get what we try and do with the ball, we have no style, our players look lost and what we do play doesn't suit them.. Now either he reads here or it's nice to see that some forms of the media can see through pardrews excuses. Actually the picked up on that too saying his time is running out cause he's run out of excuses now.

I just watched the replay of espn press pack from yesterday and even they notice we haven't a clue what were doing with the ball.. The guy said he doesn't get what we try and do with the ball, we have no style, our players look lost and what we do play doesn't suit them.. Now either he reads here or it's nice to see that some forms of the media can see through pardrews excuses. Actually the picked up on that too saying his time is running out cause he's run out of excuses now.

Not the case at all in the first half yesterday, or in periods during the last few games. We've had periods of terrible play as well obviously.

Not the case at all in the first half yesterday, or in periods during the last few games. We've had periods of terrible play as well obviously.

First half v reading was better yes but even in the previous games when cabaye was missing we'd pass around a bit with no movement and just end up passing back to krul to hoof it. It's quite obvious we have no style implemented in our team in which to attack with due to when we miss one or two players we look awful at it.

Even if you hate Pardew, it's obvious that his sacking would lead to chaos that may or may not lead to us improving. It's not like we'd automatically come out of it better and safe from relegation.

I honestly think it would only make things worse. If we lose our captain and our top scorer, losing our manager would only give everyone at the club a convenient excuse for relegation. And you know our better players would move onto, at very least, decent clubs anyway. Those who matter to us are hardly playing for their futures and those who are maybe don't belong at this level anyway. Pardew is far from a perfect manager, but does anyone seriously think we will get a better manager in right now?

Look at the way the club has been run over the last few months and what he was given last summer to reward what was an amazing season in the circumstances. We could easily end up with another Souness. Personally sacking him now would be a disaster IMO but I understand those who feel impatient. He has made poor decisions in very difficult circumstances but those circumstances are not going to change. Promising and proven managers alike will steer well clear of our club. Perhaps people feel a 'honeymoon period' under a new boss might just be enough to keep our heads above water but I disagree.

The thing is Ian, the change in our style of play has been quite apparent since around December onwards, in that we are definitely trying to pass the ball more. I just wonder why it took him so long to go that way?  Even if we get better players in, we will still need a manager who can implement a system and method effectively. I don't think it comes to him naturally, but we'll find out I guess.

Just reading some of the comments on skysports and came across this:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8419516/Newcastle-forward-Nile-Ranger-blasts-the-club-s-booing-fans-on-Twitter

You Newcastle fans are so unbelievably fickle, most of you are on here saying that Pards has got to be sacked before you get relegated and its his fault blah blah blah. Are you forgetting the fantastic job he did last season with limited resources?? He has thus far had no money to strengthen and is constantly losing his best players through injury. SORT IT OUT TOON FANS, for as long as i can remember your fans and the loyalty and dedication you have shown throughout your history is admired by most fans in the UK but in the past decade you are fast becoming the laughing stock of the league because of how fickle you are, LOWER your expectations, you are a mid table/top 8 team at best. GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM NO MATTER WHAT.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/what/grand/Get-Smart-Max-what-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-2984.gif