Alan Pardew

Dave

"marveaux was drifting out the game" - ffs, what about the 2 buggers that hadnt drifted into it in the first place?

also, the national press/media I can understand as I am sure they never watch th whole game, and every match report has an agenda, but the local press should be ashamed of themselves. they need to press pardew a lot more and call him out when he is obviously contradicting himself.

If he relegates a squad that has: Ben Arfa,Cabaye,Cisse,Coloccini,Santon,Debuchy,Krul,Tiote,Marveaux,Anita,(Mbiwa,Sissoko,gouffran) and had Ba for half a season.  Then he would have to go down as one of the worst managers we ever had no matter what happened last season.

If he relegates a squad that has: Ben Arfa,Cabaye,Cisse,Coloccini,Santon,Debuchy,Krul,Tiote,Marveaux,Anita,(Mbiwa,Sissoko,gouffran) and had Ba for half a season.  Then he would have to go down as one of the worst managers we ever had no matter what happened last season.

THIS 100%

It is hard to argue with that, even taking into account the injuries.

He would go down in history as managing the most talented group of players ever to be relegated from the Premier League. 

To be fair, before Marveaux went off I was thinking he'd barely touched the ball that half. However my thought would have been 'how do I integrate him back into the game?' rather than 'let's sub one of our only creative outlets, go on the back foot against a team we looked much stronger than and hope to Christ they don't score'.

Yeah, tend to agree. I think it was mentioned in another thread (or this one) earlier that last season the team picked itself. Now he's had to cope with injuries this season, he's proved himself to be clueless in picking alternative line ups.

The more this show of shit continues this season the more it seems to be that last season was in spite of Pardew, not because of him.

The Cabaye one doesn't even warrant discussion. He's injured, wants to come off, so you take him off. The fact that there was any booing whatsoever, from anyone, at that point beggars belief. It was very, very blatantly a fitness issue. Reminds me of when we had people complaining on here about Ben Arfa coming off against Fulham, like there was any chance whatsoever it was a tactical change.

The Marveaux sub on the other hand was genuinely weird.

I'll tell you what, why don't you try sitting in the freezing cold watching the manager throw the game, do that and I might take you seriously.

The Cabaye one doesn't even warrant discussion. He's injured, wants to come off, so you take him off. The fact that there was any booing whatsoever, from anyone, at that point beggars belief. It was very, very blatantly a fitness issue. Reminds me of when we had people complaining on here about Ben Arfa coming off against Fulham, like there was any chance whatsoever it was a tactical change.

I'll tell you what, why don't you try sitting in the freezing cold watching the manager throw the game, do that and I might take you seriously.

any mileage in that Mick? I could beleive he was trying to wake the ownership up.

Well said

any mileage in that Mick? I could beleive he was trying to wake the ownership up.

if so he's done it all season.

I am now at the stage where I am not remotely excited by the prospect of incoming transfers, as I think Pardew has lost the plot.  Should we sign anyone, I'm positive he won't even get them playing to their potential. 

He's being cowardly in his team selections, he's being FAR too negative, he's repeating the same tried and tested tactics and set pieces, despite them clearly not working.  He's so rigid with how he sets us up and we never perform for a full 90 minutes.  His stock response to any bit of pressure or goal is to abandon everything we've done before and hoof the ball forwards and lose all shape.  Which some might argue is how we normally set up any way.  :lol:  No wonder we've never won after going behind with his sub choices and playing style.  Now he's blaming everyone but himself, even a sly dig at the fans.  His frank and honest interviews after the Reading game were anything but. 

Just to follow on from what others have mentioned.  I am surprised at the free pass the media are giving him.  John Cross on Talksport this morning saying he's a terrific manager, blaming it on injuries and us needing to buy players.  Even my non-NUFC supporting mates can see what's wrong FFS.  Most of them are plastic twat fans as well.  The local media don't seem to even mention it either.

He's repeating history and after a good start to his career with us, it's all turning to shit.  I don't think we can rely on 3 teams being worse than us, as we just lost to the worst team (IMO) in the league at home FFS.

Resigned to going down. 

I'm sure I used to be a glass half full kind of guy.  I blame all this snow.

Did someone just try "You weren't at the game so your opinion is not valid"? Been a while.

No, somebody is suggesting that you're talking out of your arse as it's easy to sit in your nice warm living room rather than sitting in the freezing cold, having spent a lot of money on a season ticket only to see an idiot turn a win into a defeat.

Not deliberately, but he threw it with his substitutions.  I don’t think Pardew is daft enough to play those games with points which we’re desperate for.

Did someone just try "You weren't at the game so your opinion is not valid"? Been a while.

No, somebody is suggesting that you're talking out of your arse as it's easy to sit in your nice warm living room rather than sitting in the freezing cold, having spent a lot of money on a season ticket only to see an idiot turn a win into a defeat.

It's not easy TBF Mick.  My laptop screen can confirm that :lol:

I am not defending him in any way though and I agree with you on this.  That result was his fault.  Even if you take into account the missed chances.  He threw the game by sitting on a lead and taking off our only two creative players at the wrong times.  The Marv sub makes no sense.  Shola starting makes no sense.  Killing a shit team for 30 odd minutes then giving up on attacking also makes no sense.

See a pattern developing here?

It's not easy TBF Mick.  My laptop screen can confirm that :lol:

I am not defending him in any way though and I agree with you on this.  That result was his fault.  Even if you take into account the missed chances.  He threw the game by sitting on a lead and taking off our only two creative players at the wrong times.  The Marv sub makes no sense.  Shola starting makes no sense.  Killing a s*** team for 30 odd minutes then giving up on attacking also makes no sense.

See a pattern developing here?

I'm not playing the super fan card as I've never seen myself or anybody else as being one so I hope I haven't come across that way.  I just find it daft that somebody can try and tell others what they should or shouldn't do without knowing the full context.  I didn't boo anybody or anything on Saturday but I fully understand those who did.

Nope. All I'm seeing, still, is "You didn't go to the game so you're wrong". I'm sorry you were cold.

You would have been wrong even if you did go, at least you would have understood the context of watching the team throw 3 points down the drain, 3 points which were ours for the taking as we were crusing through the game.  People were getting frustrated because they knew what the manager was doing and most knew what the expected outcome was going to be.  Probably everybody except for you and Pardew, that is.   

Nope. All I'm seeing, still, is "You didn't go to the game so you're wrong". I'm sorry you were cold.

You would have been wrong even if you did go, at least you would have understood the context of watching the team throw 3 points down the drain, 3 points which were ours for the taking as we were crusing through the game.  People were getting frustrated because they knew what the manager was doing and most knew what the expected outcome was going to be.  Probably everybody except for you and Pardew, that is.   

isn't he saying that cabaye was injured and the crowd reacted as if it was tactical and the marveaux sub was a mystery to him aswell ?

Guest tollemache

Er... I watched the game? I was baffled when Marveaux went off, pretty fucking upset when Cabaye went off and horribly unsurprised when they scored, just like anyone else supporting Newcastle but not necessarily sitting in the stadium. But it was immediately, like instantly, obvious to me that Cabaye must've been injured so I saw that as a stroke of awful luck, not related to the weird Marveaux substitution.

As I've said in this thread (in the many posts since the one you picked out, over the course of which my opinion has evolved. Read them?), I think he fucked up his subs. That point you highlighted was just that, no matter how disappointing it was, Cabaye going off could only ever be interpreted as a fitness issue so to interpret it as an actual decision of Pardew's would be crazy. Over the course of the thread, I've learned that Cabaye flagged up his injury at half time, which makes it seem substantially worse, but we didn't know that at the time. As I say, I've modified my position on this one as the thread's gone on but you don't seem to have read any of that