Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

If that's 100%?!

:spit:

:anguish:

He's out of form, he's lost his confidence and everything that goes with that.

But I think he was giving it everything he had - and imo he never does less than that. The manager can either sh*t on him or try and give him some confidence and help him get back to form.

When does that end ?. He has played shit in every game he's played in this season. It's ok to show faith but a line has to be drawn.

Guest icemanblue

If that's 100%?!

But I think he was giving it everything he had - and imo he never does less than that. The manager can either sh*t on him or try and give him some confidence and help him get back to form.

When does that end ?. He has played shit in every game he's played in this season. It's ok to show faith but a line has to be drawn.

If what quayside is saying was true, then today was due to be line drawing day.

Guest bimpy474

If that's 100%?!

Aye, today was the worst i think i've ever seen him play. Funny thing is, i keep saying that after every game, but he just gets worse.

Tbh it's rather heartbreaking, love him and it's not nice to see a player fade as badly as he has.

They were less involved due to the way he had us setup to play.  Far better to change the way we were playing to allow them to get on the ball then remove them from the pitch and replace them with worse players.  Why not leave Perch in midfield and take Jonas off and replace him with Obertan.  You get rid of our worst player in the game (as much as I like Gutierrez he was miss controlling everything, giving away dangerous freekicks, he was a liability) and then have some pace to hit them on the break.

But instead he takes off Perch for Shola and puts Cisse on the wing with Gutierrez still their fucking everything up.  What fucking good was that?  Not to mention he then brings on a central defender into defensive midfield when he's only just taken Perch out of that position, he's nuts man!

I thought they just faded second half.  They had been everywhere first half, inspired the lead.  We were winning every 50/50.  We changed nowt at half time but Villa made a couple of massive changes and came out 3 gears up on what they had been.  Looked a different team.

In my view, Pardew didn't want to bring off Sissoko but wanted him more involved. He had to do something about midfield.  Straight swapping Gutierrez wouldn't have helped that much as he's one of the hardest workers (if disappointing tonight) and Obertan wasn't even on the bench as an option....so he sacrificed Perch to drop Sissoko deeper.  It didn't really work out as we were still desparately hoofing.

We still have limited options on the bench, despite all the transfer activity.

Guest icemanblue

If that's 100%?!

Aye, today was the worst i think i've ever seen him play. Funny thing is, i keep saying that after every game, but he just gets worse.

Tbh it's rather heartbreaking, love him and it's not nice to see a player fade as badly as he has.

No, I meant Marveaux was meant to be starting tonight. :lol:

He was shit, though. Terrible.

They were less involved due to the way he had us setup to play.  Far better to change the way we were playing to allow them to get on the ball then remove them from the pitch and replace them with worse players.  Why not leave Perch in midfield and take Jonas off and replace him with Obertan.  You get rid of our worst player in the game (as much as I like Gutierrez he was miss controlling everything, giving away dangerous freekicks, he was a liability) and then have some pace to hit them on the break.

But instead he takes off Perch for Shola and puts Cisse on the wing with Gutierrez still their fucking everything up.  What fucking good was that?  Not to mention he then brings on a central defender into defensive midfield when he's only just taken Perch out of that position, he's nuts man!

I thought they just faded second half.  They had been everywhere first half, inspired the lead.  We were winning every 50/50.  We changed nowt at half time but Villa made a couple of massive changes and came out 3 gears up on what they had been.  Looked a different team.

In my view, Pardew didn't want to bring off Sissoko but wanted him more involved. He had to do something about midfield.  Straight swapping Gutierrez wouldn't have helped that much as he's one of the hardest workers (if disappointing tonight) and Obertan wasn't even on the bench as an option....so he sacrificed Perch to drop Sissoko deeper.  It didn't really work out as we were still desparately hoofing.

Hi Alan.

Brining shola on was scandalous. Other than that, I have no problems.

Villa were a desperate, desperate side and threw the kitchen sink.

Had that pen not happened we would have seen the game out comfortably.

They've played 2 more games since we player, why can't we throw the kitchen sink against teams like Reading for example???

We kind of did, but it was like throwing the sink when we could have taken out the assault rifles instead.

Guest bimpy474

If that's 100%?!

Ah right, how do we know it was Jonas who was not going to start. Bet my left goolie it was Gouffran.

Guest bimpy474

By a strange twist, my face is the polar opposite to your name after reading your post.

Guest icemanblue

If that's 100%?!

Ah right, how do we know it was Jonas who was not going to start. Bet my left goolie it was Gouffran.

Because quayside said Jonas was his replacement, man. God. :lol:

I don't know if what he's said is true, like. I didn't even know he was injured.

Guest firetotheworks

Lets do the logic.

Starts Sissoko.

Starts Gouffran.

Starts Jonas.

Starts Perch.

First half of adequate, dominant football.

Sissoko assist.

Cisse goal.

Gouffran movement and hold-up play.

Second half Villa fight back.

Taylor and Debuchy struggle with Agbonlahor's pace.

Reaction is to take off Perch as Defensive Midfielder and bring on Shola for hold-up play.

Villa continue to pressurise after scoring.

Reaction is to take off Gouffran and bring on Anita to have an extra man in midfield again, Cisse moves to the right and Shola stays central.

Villa continue to pressurise.

Reaction is to take off Sissoko and bring on Yanga-Mbiwa into an unfavoured position in defensive midfield, replacing the role of Perch.

Jonas plays for 90 minutes.

Pardew claims that the new lads had run out of legs, despite Jonas looking dead and Taylor coming back from injury.

Guest bimpy474

If that's 100%?!

I don't know if what he's said is true, like. I didn't even know he was injured.

Oh right.

Guest bimpy474

quayside is guessing.

This was what i was getting at. Nobody really knows do they.

If that's 100%?!

When does that end ?. He has played s*** in every game he's played in this season. It's ok to show faith but a line has to be drawn.

He was s***, though. Terrible.

Oh right.

the media were quite full of "marveaux supposed to start but late injury".

We changed our mentality in the second half after another well timed Pardew team talk, we were panicky from the second they stepped back onto the pitch.  Fair enough Villa came out fighting and got a very lucky penalty decision at the worst possible time for us, I'm not going to blame Pardew for absolutely everything.  But IMO swapping Gutierrez could certainly have helped that, whenever the ball came near him he fucked up which was part of the reason we couldn't keep the ball or gain any kind of cohesion.  Had no idea Obertan was left out (didn't think he was injured??).  In that case either Sammy or Anita was Gutierrez could still have improved things.

Lets do the logic.

Starts Sissoko.

Starts Gouffran.

Starts Jonas.

Starts Perch.

First half of adequate, dominant football.

Sissoko assist.

Cisse goal.

Gouffran movement and hold-up play.

Second half Villa fight back.

Taylor and Debuchy struggle with Agbonlahor's pace.

Reaction is to take off Perch as Defensive Midfielder and bring on Shola for hold-up play.

Villa continue to pressurise after scoring.

Reaction is to take off Gouffran and bring on Anita to have an extra man in midfield again, Cisse moves to the right and Shola stays central.

Villa continue to pressurise.

Reaction is to take off Sissoko and bring on Yanga-Mbiwa into an unfavoured position in defensive midfield, replacing the role of Perch.

Jonas plays for 90 minutes.

Pardew claims that the new lads had run out of legs, despite Jonas looking dead and Taylor coming back from injury.

You forgot Gutierrez's assist ;)

Guest bimpy474

If that's 100%?!

When does that end ?. He has played s*** in every game he's played in this season. It's ok to show faith but a line has to be drawn.

Oh right.

I knew that bit, but i think Quayside reckoned it was for Jonas. Not a chance imo as Pardew will never drop him, it would have been Gouffran on the bench instead.

Guest icemanblue

If that's 100%?!

Oh right.

I knew that bit, but i think Quayside reckoned it was for Jonas. Not a chance imo as Pardew will never drop him, it would have been Gouffran on the bench instead.

To be fair, Gouffran was set to start too.