Alan Pardew

Dave

For years, they've been at their best with the 2 widemen. Now keeping them quiet is harder as they've both adapted their game. AVB has done a lot to take their games further than just give it to them and watch them run.

It's still true that if you limit Bale/Lennon you're in with a chance. They've got other qualities no doubt. Excellent side,.

Their full backs are also fast which gives you a double headache on the wings, they really are a handfull...

Midfield has enough nous and bite to keep the stars ticking over. Think Defoe will be a loss to them as his pace also made them dangerous.

On the Spurs comparison, it's fairly easy to have a clear attacking game plan when you have two absolutely lightening wide players. They still struggled to create chances in the final third.

'cause they started the game without an orthodox striker didn't they? :lol:

anyway i just meant they had a plan that was clearly worked on in training, played to their strengths and everyone was well drilled in it and knew what they should have been doing....granted we had that last year but it's easier to have a defined plan when that plan is defensively grounded as ours was

Spurs plan is basically give it to Bale, and he was able to produce a couple of moments to beat us. The difference between us and Spurs that day was him and him only.

Disagree with this - they were sharper and more mobile ALL over the field. They had done their homework on both Sissoko(doubly marked for much of the time)and Santon(kept back-pedalling by their quick breaks using Lennon and Walker.

They deserved to win - they had slightly more possession than us and they were more dangerous up front with it. Our possession was largely in sideways and backwards passing across the back 4 and Krul and we lost it up front when it was humped up to Cisse.

He certainly deserves credit for deploying Sissoko further up the pitch and at the moment that looks like a masterstroke due to the gains we're seeing from it.

Last night was another case though where you look at our overall game plan and I really don't see any impetus at all when it comes to our attacking play as well as how we build up to that. Now it just seems to be give it to Sissoko who will run at people and something might come from that.

With the squad we've now got we should in all honesty be looking at bringing in a manager who can get the very best out of them.

At the end of the day you need to ask yourself, do you think Pardew is getting the best out of what he has got? The answer to me is a no.

This - he has proved over the years that he isn't a suitable manager for a club like W.Ham, never mind NUFC.

I doubt that he will ever get the best out of this squad - he got lucky last season with some amazing Cisse goals as well as clever strikes from HBA and Ba but the all round play was dire.

Been found out this year and if we get to the end of the season still in the PL I will be delighted but this can't go on.

On the Spurs comparison, it's fairly easy to have a clear attacking game plan when you have two absolutely lightening wide players. They still struggled to create chances in the final third.

anyway i just meant they had a plan that was clearly worked on in training, played to their strengths and everyone was well drilled in it and knew what they should have been doing....granted we had that last year but it's easier to have a defined plan when that plan is defensively grounded as ours was

Spurs plan is basically give it to Bale, and he was able to produce a couple of moments to beat us. The difference between us and Spurs that day was him and him only.

Spurs wouldn't rely on their best player to produce a 'moment of magic' to win the game, though, surely? Only Pardew does that.

:lol:

kind of reflects how i felt about the youngsters thing this season, they already lacked exposure to first team football that they should have been getting when things were better but it really felt like they were just plucked from obscurity and thrown on expected to do something to me

then he tore them apart in public for it

Not bothered about that tbh, that is more of an indication of our style of play between the beginning of season and Southampton defeat.

Since then our style of play has improved a lot IMO and last night the only one who was doing any type of long ball was Krul and even Victor f*cking Valdes does that.

I'd be interested to see what that stat is like from Feb to May. How much is down to how Pardew wants us to play, or how he had to play due to having the likes of Simpson and Williamson rather than Debuchy, Taylor and Mbiwa.

Yup, expect Stoke to surpass us by May. We have a sizable lead though.  :lol:

I'd be interested to see what that stat is like from Feb to May. How much is down to how Pardew wants us to play, or how he had to play due to having the likes of Simpson and Williamson rather than Debuchy, Taylor and Mbiwa.

I still don't accept that as an excuse. There are managers in the Championship who can make worse players than ours pass the ball around easy enough.

I still don't accept that as an excuse. There are managers in the Championship who can make worse players than ours pass the ball around easy enough.

Williamson is even worse than Championship level.

Disagree with this - they were sharper and more mobile ALL over the field. They had done their homework on both Sissoko(doubly marked for much of the time)and Santon(kept back-pedalling by their quick breaks using Lennon and Walker.

They deserved to win - they had slightly more possession than us and they were more dangerous up front with it. Our possession was largely in sideways and backwards passing across the back 4 and Krul and we lost it up front when it was humped up to Cisse.

You can say this, but ultimately only one player caused us problems, just look at the shots he had compared with the rest of his team. I'm sure Lyon feel similar to how we felt after their result last night.

Pretty sure there were stats on here saying Colo did just as many long-balls as them.

I can't stand Pardew but I don't think we can complain about too much tonight.

You say this most games tbh.  Make your mind up.

Firstly, I rarely say this.  Secondly, I do make my mind up, I do it during and after a game, not before and not by default.

He really needs to work with Krul. Nearly every time he has the ball it's a punt up field. His distribution has been nothing short of horrendous this season and imo a lot of this is down to poor management and strategy.

He really needs to work with Krul. Nearly every time he has the ball it's a punt up field. His distribution has been nothing short of horrendous this season and imo a lot of this is down to poor management and strategy.

Andy Woodman has to play a key role in that too.