Alan Pardew

Dave

He should have been able to identify and correct more of them.

Especially our poor starts.

I laughed the other day when after the Southampton match a few were saying that he didn't do much wrong. Yeah, apart from starting badly again and conceding at the start of each half. :thup:

I don't disagree with any of that really, there are a few faults that he definitely needs to work on. It's just pointless to talk about sacking him, because it won't happen.

I know.

Pardew is to blame for Williamson being awful? FFS man.

I said not many of them have been dealt with. My point being when a team has so many problems, there's something the manager isn't doing right.

Williamson and Perch were very good during the spring of last season. Williamson's shitness has coincided with several other players losing form.

Who was the manager in the spring of last season?

In no way is that an argument to support his handling of this campaign. He was very good last season. He deserves criticism for this season.

I'm not out to judge him permanentley. Just saying, with all the problems we've had this season, in so different areas of our play, the manager has to take blame. He should have been able to identify and correct more of them.

As long as you're only talking about this season then obviously Pardew deserves criticism. We have underperformed and he is the manager. I don't think many (any?) people would deny that.

Look at the team that got us 5th last year.

Who gets the credit there?

The players, of course. However, they are not to blame for their poor form this season.

You can work this any way you like. It's quite flexible.

Shhh - you'll give the secret away.

Look at the team that got us 5th last year.

Who gets the credit there?

The players, of course. However, they are not to blame for their poor form this season.

You can work this any way you like. It's quite flexible.

Hehe. Spot on.

Depends how much control the manager has. Some managers are different.

Marty at S'land is probably 70%. He has a dinstinct style of management and transfer policy. His team are purely in his image for better or worse.

Pardew doesn't make our signings nor does he have a strong say. He is also a great man-manager so he's as good as his best players because he encourages them to really shine.

A great chairman can do more than a great manager. A great manager can do more than great players. I do believe in that.

Marty at S'land is probably 70%. He has a dinstinct style of management and transfer policy. His team are purely in his image for better or worse.

Pardew doesn't make our signings nor does he have a strong say. He is also a great man-manager so he's as good as his best players because he encourages them to really shine.

A great chairman can do more than a great manager. A great manager can do more than great players. I do believe in that.

Piffle.

Piffle.

You think it was his choice to sign Marveaux or Anita?

That's not what I highlighted, but yes, he will have given the nod to the recruitment of every first team squad player.

...and by the sound of it puts in a considerable amount of time working with Carr etc on the sourcing and scouting of the players too.

/to the detriment of our set pieces no doubt.

Guest icemanblue

Even if he didn't, that doesn't prove your point. I do believe he's consulted on our signings, and will give his approval. You're stating it as a fact, based on nothing but your agenda.

Guest icemanblue

Even if he didn't, that doesn't prove your point. I do believe he's consulted on our signings, and will give his approval. You're stating it as a fact, based on nothing but your agenda.

What agenda?

That you just fucking love Alan, and you want the world to know.

Guest icemanblue

He just says "yes" because Carr highlights good players IMO. He gets more excited by some than others and he needs bodies.

If he had a strong say and he could've chosen his own first team CM to sign. It wouldn't be a 5'8 lad from Ajax.

Like it wasn't the 5'8" lad from Lille?

Pardew is to blame for Williamson being awful? FFS man.

I said not many of them have been dealt with. My point being when a team has so many problems, there's something the manager isn't doing right.

Williamson and Perch were very good during the spring of last season. Williamson's shitness has coincided with several other players losing form.

Who was the manager in the spring of last season?

In no way is that an argument to support his handling of this campaign. He was very good last season. He deserves criticism for this season.

I'm not out to judge him permanentley. Just saying, with all the problems we've had this season, in so different areas of our play, the manager has to take blame. He should have been able to identify and correct more of them.

As long as you're only talking about this season then obviously Pardew deserves criticism. We have underperformed and he is the manager. I don't think many (any?) people would deny that.

Some people seem as if their agenda is to find alternative explanations and liberate him from responsibility on too many issues. My point isn't that the problems are way too many for him to be excused.

Same man who preferred Hayden Mullins over Javier Mascherano. Carlton Cole over Tevez.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it is Pardew's approach to management.

A selection decision that fans don't agree with? How many of those does a manager make every season, or even every month?

Really annoys me when people use the Tevez/Mascherano example as if it proves that Pardew only likes cloggers.

Obertan over Ben Arfa, Jonas over Marveaux, Perch over Anita, the list does go on a bit...

Well, there are arguments on both sides for those, and he now clearly prefers HBA to Obertan. In fact he regularly repeats that HBA is our best player.

Perch over Anita I personally disagree with, but you could argue Perch provides some physical presence in DM that Anita lacks. Jonas over Marveaux I also disagree with most of the time, with the caveat that I think Marveaux is a CM and not a wide player.

Many managers make decisions like this, conservative moves that fans would disagree with.

Under Pardew we have also signed some of the most talented players we have had in recent times, I just don't buy the fact that this would be a clear strategy from the club to go the opposite way that the manager they have just given a long contract to would prefer. It doesn't make sense.

Same man who preferred Hayden Mullins over Javier Mascherano. Carlton Cole over Tevez.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it is Pardew's approach to management.

A selection decision that fans don't agree with? How many of those does a manager make every season, or even every month?

Really annoys me when people use the Tevez/Mascherano example as if it proves that Pardew only likes cloggers.

Jonas/Marv isn't really the same as Mascherano/Mullins, I can say that. But that has to be one of the worst decisions a PL manager has made regarding selection. 2 world class players on the bench for cloggers. Unbelievable. It does worry me like

Well it's much easier for people to chuck their toys out of the pram game by game when it doesn't really make any difference to them. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone - some of Pardew's biggest critics on here are Geordies - but there are certain Scandinavian trends and it's a bit galling at times.

not sure i understand correctly....could you explain?