Alan Pardew

Dave

A team that has a great manager and a team that has a mediocre one.

Being school on how to pass into spaces and using talented players effectively.

Our players are fine, they just have half the guidance to play as a unit. 

Hard to disagree. I've never seen a Ferguson team have to resort to long balls, so it's a testament to a good footballing philosophy. Sadly our team has been confused about this for the last 12 months.

That table on long balls is interesting. I wonder how many of those 401 long balls was an instant loss of possession.

The only thing nice about that table is that fact we have made over 2300 passes in total. Take off the long balls and we have still made a large amount on the deck compared to the teams around us.

That table on long balls is interesting. I wonder how many of those 401 long balls was an instant loss of possession.

The only thing nice about that table is that fact we have made over 2300 passes in total. Take off the long balls and we have still made a large amount on the deck compared to the teams around us.

Mostly in our own half I'll bet.

Mostly in our own half I'll bet.

The Swansea effect.

:lol:

No ???

We are still in a divided lead looking at the percent ranking.

Paid a heavy price for setting the side up wrong at the start today. Shame.

Not had a good start to the season at all. Still don't think he's addressed the issue of our poor start to games, nor has he yet solved problems regarding formation and player movement. Disappointed tbh, but still have faith in the guy.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Should switch priority from league to Europa. No chance of finishing top 4.

what? you expected chances for top 4?  :frantic:

No, but Pardew did.

He needs to apologise on behalf of team for all those who paid their good hard earned money to watch this shit. and enough with the shit 4-4-2.

There were worse games in the history and even in the last few weeks and months. First 20 mins were absolutely awfull but after that it was a good performance.

We had some great chances and if the Ba/Cisse chance had counted (which it would have for Man Utd in the same situation) it woudl have been a completely different game.

Good: not afraid to change what isn't working, usually for the better.

Bad: it being wrong in the first place is becoming worryingly common, and everything we've presumably worked on all week is for nothing.

Missing key players in defence cost us this match. That and bad organization during corners.

Sitting back and letting Man U have 70% possession until they went 2-0 didn't help either. Before you say it was bad organisation for the corners, you might want to reflect they could have scored another 4 in that time. It was a tactical shambles and there's no getting away from it.

Good: not afraid to change what isn't working, usually for the better.

Bad: it being wrong in the first place is becoming worryingly common, and everything we've presumably worked on all week is for nothing.

Fully agree.

Today is the first time since Pardew was appointed that we got absolutely raped from set pieces.

Thankfully it's today and not against the scum.

Sort it aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt Pardew.

Derby is massive.

Why bring Shola on, play him wide and not bother with the long ball? He makes some baffling decisions at times.

Was a daft decision. Thought Cisse was putting in a good shift too. Also taking Ferguson off was daft too, totally fucked the balance up of the side.

Why bring Shola on, play him wide and not bother with the long ball? He makes some baffling decisions at times.

Was a daft decision. Thought Cisse was putting in a good shift too. Also taking Ferguson off was daft too, totally f***ed the balance up of the side.

Its obvious isnt it .. Pards will play a square peg in a round hole if its a player he personally likes, like Shola, Demba. One of his floors as a manager.